Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't really use their count except for a base reading:)-P). That's about all it's worth to me as far as total numbers go. I do use the hell out of their checklist for print run info, and basically just to know exactly what kinda "fish" are still out there. But I've easily got...oh...about 100-150 items not on their lists. Hell, the star sets alone make up most of that. They have some GU and Patches that aren't on their lists. Some variations. Some oddballs and samples too. And then they used to not have the tek patterns listed. From what I have heard they fixed this which would cut back considerably on my unrecognized list. But there are still a slew of things. Even the ball street cards.

Beckett has been really good about adding and subtracting cards on Belle's checklist when I message them. They usually need pictures but then you're good... so if you care, you could try and help them make the checklist better and more accurate, but that is your call. Also, they did add the tek patterns in full now for 1998 and 1999. I also have cards not listed but will try and get them added eventually when I find time.

EDIT ADD: I use the beckett checklist as the sole checklist because I don't have much else to go off of, so that is why I'm so on top of it when it comes to adding and subtracting cards and getting beckett to reflect it. I also think it is better when I have the time to help them out to make their data more accurate considering I know his product pretty well. I guess I'm just a dork...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Beckett has been really good about adding and subtracting cards on Belle's checklist when I message them. They usually need pictures but then you're good... so if you care, you could try and help them make the checklist better and more accurate, but that is your call. Also, they did add the tek patterns in full now for 1998 and 1999. I also have cards not listed but will try and get them added eventually when I find time.

EDIT ADD: I use the beckett checklist as the sole checklist because I don't have much else to go off of, so that is why I'm so on top of it when it comes to adding and subtracting cards and getting beckett to reflect it. I also think it is better when I have the time to help them out to make their data more accurate considering I know his product pretty well. I guess I'm just a dork...

Nothing wrong with trying to help them. But the way I think is they are the ones putting out guides and checklists and prices. It's their business to know this stuff. A lot of the stuff I have that is not checklisted isn't hard to find. They ought to kind of already be doing this on their own.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Nothing wrong with trying to help them. But the way I think is they are the ones putting out guides and checklists and prices. It's their business to know this stuff. A lot of the stuff I have that is not checklisted isn't hard to find. They ought to kind of already be doing this on their own.

True. I thought this way for a while but recently started contacting them to help mind and grind the Belle checklist, which they are happy to hear from me and do considering like you said, I'm doing the work and they aren't LOL! Anyways, it is what it is... I'm sure there are a lot of people that would be in my camp and use beckett checklist and others in your camp which could care less or just use it as a "guide" if anything at all. It is what makes this hobby great, we all have our own style.

BTW, that is impressive you have over 3,258 different Bagwell cards... I was happy to cross over 2,000 Belle... my real goal is to get to 90% of Belle's cards... I feel like that is a mark few have achieved with their guy (I can think of a McGwire collector who has done it)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
True. I thought this way for a while but recently started contacting them to help mind and grind the Belle checklist, which they are happy to hear from me and do considering like you said, I'm doing the work and they aren't LOL! Anyways, it is what it is... I'm sure there are a lot of people that would be in my camp and use beckett checklist and others in your camp which could care less or just use it as a "guide" if anything at all. It is what makes this hobby great, we all have our own style.

BTW, that is impressive you have over 3,258 different Bagwell cards... I was happy to cross over 2,000 Belle... my real goal is to get to 90% of Belle's cards... I feel like that is a mark few have achieved with their guy (I can think of a McGwire collector who has done it)

Thanks. There are a handful. I think the Vizquel collector has. I know of at least one Bagwell collector who has to be over that mark. And I'm sure for some of these other player collectors, it's possible. Just depends on the player I suppose.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Anyone know if this is worth much? I liked the look of it (dufex!), so dropped $12 on it. It's a 1998 Pinnacle Mint Benefactor Card #1. From what I've found, it was a mail-in offer from 1998 Pinnacle Mint - originally cost $9.99 plus postage. It's stated as 1 of 25,000 - which shouldn't make it rare, but I don't see any currently for sale on eBay, Beckett or COMC; and I see it on some Chipper collectors' wantlists. Anyone have any experience with this card? Anyone have a 1998 Pinnacle Mint wrapper and can look for offer details for me?

$(KGrHqF,!iEE-kqHDNp7BP)hfP06q!~~60_12.JPG

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Reposting this question

I am not totally up on the first card (set) but why does he look like Chipper?
It has a lot to do with your screen resolution, possibly the DPI, or your color scheme is off. Try resetting your monitor to "factory Setting"...on my screen it looks like Andruw. It's a HP

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009

Thanks. There are a handful. I think the Vizquel collector has. I know of at least one Bagwell collector who has to be over that mark. And I'm sure for some of these other player collectors, it's possible. Just depends on the player I suppose.

I wrestled for a while with percentages, checklists, etc. Finally I realized none of it matters. I'm glad Beckett has published a checklist so I had a good idea of what's out there. But as you guys know there are a lot of cards Beckett doesn't know enough about or doesn't care to document. Honestly I don't have the time to lay out all the cards I have that they're missing.

I've got about 1,915 different from Beckett's list, and a bunch that aren't. Frankly some of my favorites are Venezuelan cards that they don't list. As far as percentages, all I know if that not considering printing plates and 1/1's I'm missing about 40 cards. That means I only find a couple new cards per year. :(

You guys have both built phenomenal collections, percentages be damned!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I wrestled for a while with percentages, checklists, etc. Finally I realized none of it matters. I'm glad Beckett has published a checklist so I had a good idea of what's out there. But as you guys know there are a lot of cards Beckett doesn't know enough about or doesn't care to document. Honestly I don't have the time to lay out all the cards I have that they're missing.

I've got about 1,915 different from Beckett's list, and a bunch that aren't. Frankly some of my favorites are Venezuelan cards that they don't list. As far as percentages, all I know if that not considering printing plates and 1/1's I'm missing about 40 cards. That means I only find a couple new cards per year. :(

You guys have both built phenomenal collections, percentages be damned!

Yea I feel ya... I don't have the time usually but every once in a rainy day I'll scan some cards in and send to their analyst for fun. Makes me do some research, etc. it's a cool feeling when a card gets added that you notified them about. I do know I'm in the minority here though lol.

As for collections, ya my % is all in with all cards... Do you have all the Topps Tek patterns or did you get lucky and he isn't included? The biggest chunk missing for me are Topps Tek cards, printing plates and 1/1s lol. Otherwise I'm probably near 90% but this gives me a tough milestone to hit.

If or when I get 90%, I'll probably slow down lol. Also has a lot to do with how long Belle keeps getting included in new sets... Anyone have any guesses?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yea I feel ya... I don't have the time usually but every once in a rainy day I'll scan some cards in and send to their analyst for fun. Makes me do some research, etc. it's a cool feeling when a card gets added that you notified them about. I do know I'm in the minority here though lol.

As for collections, ya my % is all in with all cards... Do you have all the Topps Tek patterns or did you get lucky and he isn't included? The biggest chunk missing for me are Topps Tek cards, printing plates and 1/1s lol. Otherwise I'm probably near 90% but this gives me a tough milestone to hit.

If or when I get 90%, I'll probably slow down lol. Also has a lot to do with how long Belle keeps getting included in new sets... Anyone have any guesses?

I include all of them too. I was pissed when I found out that Bags had a 2012 sp card. Luckily I own one now but I wasn't happy. Enough of his crap to track down. Don't need new stuff. I think this board as a whole, if everyone puts all their stuff together, is amazing. It really is. I think we'd own any other MB except maybe some of these vintage sites. Maybe even then we'd take them. This place has some of the biggest collectors and some of the most knowledgable. Can't beat that with a mile long stick!

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Picked up another Essential Credentials I needed:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320951747773?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

When I saw it I jumped on it! Unfortunately, I have been priced out of the market on Larkin's 1/1s and highest end autos lately, so I was thrilled to land this card. I just talked to a seller that made a deal on a 2011 Larkin gypsy queen mini yellow printing plate for $200. That just seems crazy to me. I guess I'll stick to grabbing the cool 90's inserts for now and see if the prices cool down eventually on the newer stuff :)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320951747773?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

When I saw it I jumped on it! Unfortunately, I have been priced out of the market on Larkin's 1/1s and highest end autos lately, so I was thrilled to land this card. I just talked to a seller that made a deal on a 2011 Larkin gypsy queen mini yellow printing plate for $200. That just seems crazy to me. I guess I'll stick to grabbing the cool 90's inserts for now and see if the prices cool down eventually on the newer stuff :)

Congrats on thie pick-up! That is a grea card and if you didn't have one already, nice job. As for being priced out, that sucks... I know how it would be if Albert Belle cards started to double, triple, etc. in price. The good news is you already have a great deal of his cards out there (73% totaly) so you are in good shape. No real advice from me other than pick your spots. I would probably stick to his older stuff and work your way newer if I were you, sometimes more fun and can get gems like this one.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Congrats on thie pick-up! That is a grea card and if you didn't have one already, nice job. As for being priced out, that sucks... I know how it would be if Albert Belle cards started to double, triple, etc. in price. The good news is you already have a great deal of his cards out there (73% totaly) so you are in good shape. No real advice from me other than pick your spots. I would probably stick to his older stuff and work your way newer if I were you, sometimes more fun and can get gems like this one.

Thanks - I actually didn't have a copy of that card yet, so I was pretty excited to pick it up. I am pretty lucky that I already have a ton of Larkin's rarest cards, so I can't complain I guess. It only makes my cards worth more, although that is not that important to me since I don't intend to ever sell them.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks - I actually didn't have a copy of that card yet, so I was pretty excited to pick it up. I am pretty lucky that I already have a ton of Larkin's rarest cards, so I can't complain I guess. It only makes my cards worth more, although that is not that important to me since I don't intend to ever sell them.

Good news is your player got in the HOF, something you can pass on and on and he will always be in the hall... sometimes I question my collection because not sure if people will remember Belle a long time from now or if my kids will appreciate it one day, but what the hell, it's a hobby and I enjoy it considering he is MY favorite player

EDIT ADD: Not to mention I can hold out for the Veterans Committee to vote him in LOL... let's just say he wouldn't be the first ;)

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle

Nice pick-up. Love those!

Members online

Latest posts