Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ANNOUNCING: FCB Group, Box, and Case breaks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The way blowout does breaks is spot on

The breaker does deserve something for their time though.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I don't like to spend a lot of money on these things, so I like breaks where I can be in for like $15-20 and know I'm going to get something out of it that could be a good item. I think I did a couple Leaf Valient Football box breaks with Andrew that fullfilled this for me. I think it was like $17 delivered for one card from the box, and they were set up as drafts for 5 or 6 total cards. I also like that he would just go live with stuff on Wednesday nights and people would chat, etc. while he busted stuff that people wanted to purchase.

You should have like a live store cam where people could just check in and buy something. Maybe a program that set off a "ding" whenever someone entered the "store" via their computer and you could take their order that way. Damn, am I onto something here? How many shops would I "visit" all across the country if there were live video feeds where I could be walked through the store or view the cards/wax they had for sale from the comfort of my desk chair?!??!! I know there is a way to hook in video to video feeds too, which would be even better since we could "talk" as I browsed the store or the selection of products you had available to break.

Yay/Nay, what do you say, Brian?

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
@Bill Menard I am hoping to get that going again. Maybe next Wed to start it up.

I will start listing breaks in that format.

Just listed a '13 Topps Chrome Break, $29 a slot, amazing price
1 12box Hobby Case - $755/ 30 = $26 + $3 for shipping = $29 a slot

We shall see if that gets any love

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
@Bill Menard I am hoping to get that going again. Maybe next Wed to start it up. I just dont know what do to anymore. Maybe it is just me and no one wants to join my breaks.

Just listed a '13 Topps Chrome Break, $29 a slot, amazing price
1 12box Hobby Case - $755/ 30 = $26 + $3 for shipping = $29 a slot

We shall see if that gets any love

I don't think it has anything to do with you Andrew...at least on the Baseball break stuff. My opinion is the lack of good product out there, and Topps continuously having more and more redemptions. They have always had those, but the recent replacements I think are starting to dis-please the masses. I know I have joined less breaks as I normally do, simply due to the lack of product. I can't wait for this years Finest, and National Treasures was a HUGE hit.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I don't like to spend a lot of money on these things, so I like breaks where I can be in for like $15-20 and know I'm going to get something out of it that could be a good item. I think I did a couple Leaf Valient Football box breaks with Andrew that fullfilled this for me. I think it was like $17 delivered for one card from the box, and they were set up as drafts for 5 or 6 total cards. I also like that he would just go live with stuff on Wednesday nights and people would chat, etc. while he busted stuff that people wanted to purchase.

You should have like a live store cam where people could just check in and buy something. Maybe a program that set off a "ding" whenever someone entered the "store" via their computer and you could take their order that way. Damn, am I onto something here? How many shops would I "visit" all across the country if there were live video feeds where I could be walked through the store or view the cards/wax they had for sale from the comfort of my desk chair?!??!! I know there is a way to hook in video to video feeds too, which would be even better since we could "talk" as I browsed the store or the selection of products you had available to break.

Yay/Nay, what do you say, Brian?

I like the idea. Issue is, I don't work at the shop and when Gilmore is there he is VERY busy (most of the time) running things to be available on demand.

What we did in early 2012 was have a designated slot to break in say 6pm-10pm on a Wednesday night. If we didn't have any cases scheduled we would be on webcam with a menu of what boxes/cases we had available to purchase and what we were asking for them and would break them right there for people while BSing. It will be something similar to that. You can preorder wax for us to ship to you, for us to break on camera for you as well. I'm really up for it all and open to any suggestions.

We will definitely be/have a direct leaf account.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I like the idea. Issue is, I don't work at the shop and when Gilmore is there he is VERY busy (most of the time) running things to be available on demand.

What we did in early 2012 was have a designated slot to break in say 6pm-10pm on a Wednesday night. If we didn't have any cases scheduled we would be on webcam with a menu of what boxes/cases we had available to purchase and what we were asking for them and would break them right there for people while BSing. It will be something similar to that. You can preorder wax for us to ship to you, for us to break on camera for you as well. I'm really up for it all and open to any suggestions.

We will definitely be/have a direct leaf account.

Now this thread has my interest....

bmc398

May 25, 2009
A. It's not obvious?
B. There are many reasons that group breakers perform group breaks, one of which is profit. The second is the ability to buy in quantity and obtain product for the breaker's use at a cheaper rate. There are numerous others.
C. So you're LOSING money on these group breaks?

A. NO.
B. Why does any of that matter to you? Especially when my intentions have already been stated in previous posts.
C. Nobody is losing money, but the intention is not to derive revenue solely from the breaks. The goal is to build the board up and get it humming like it used to be....and in more areas than just baseball. Especially for football products, we intend to bring you products that aren't broken very often here, and at a price hopefully cheaper than what even blowout would charge you, especially as we drive football and hockey breaks. You don't have to know the why and the how. But, we have explained why and how in the thread already.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Don't read into it bro, it wasn't going "anywhere"....

I just assumed that "direct" meant cheaper than most places, anywhere. Sorry?

If you have a direct question, I am happy to answer. Being trolled and baited is not what I am here to do. If I were doing this for profit, I could go out on my own and do this on an incredibly larger scale and not give a hoot about FCB.

Since that is not the main goal, I am doing this on FCB (the chat/stream/forum), with FCB (Gilmore), in FCB (the store) and for FCB. It would be silly to pay full price for wax on the shelf when the store has the ability to buy cheaper. This savings WILL be passed on to the board (if prices aren't competitive, nobody would break)....but you can't expect a guy to take 8 hours a week+ on this and not make a dime. I have a job. I don't need the $$ to live. Neither does Andrew or any of the other breakers here to my knowledge. They enjoy busting wax and the hobby in general, and even FCB.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Don't read into it bro, it wasn't going "anywhere"....

I just assumed that "direct" meant cheaper than most places, anywhere. Sorry?

Direct does not always mean cheaper as I remember from my shop days I could sometimes order product cheaper from a wholesaler who had an excess amount of product pre-ordered than I could get through Topps directly. Most of the time there is a slightly cheaper cost for direct orders but that does not mean anyone has to charge less for product just because they get it somewhat cheaper.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Direct does not always mean cheaper as I remember from my shop days I could sometimes order product cheaper from a wholesaler who had an excess amount of product pre-ordered than I could get through Topps directly. Most of the time there is a slightly cheaper cost for direct orders but that does not mean anyone has to charge less for product just because they get it somewhat cheaper.

Dead on. If a product is a dud, direct is not the way to go. That said, most direct orders are pre-orders and are fulfilled straight from the factory so you usually get them release date.....so if you are direct you have basically avoided the potential volatility in price for guaranteed product....but if the product falls on its face you are stuck holding a dud (Thanks Topps???).

In our case, hopefully a break will be bought, paid for and ripped before singles or boxes and overall prices take a dip (or go up). It really benefits all involved.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If you have a direct question, I am happy to answer. Being trolled and baited is not what I am here to do. If I were doing this for profit, I could go out on my own and do this on an incredibly larger scale and not give a hoot about FCB.

Since that is not the main goal, I am doing this on FCB (the chat/stream/forum), with FCB (Gilmore), in FCB (the store) and for FCB. It would be silly to pay full price for wax on the shelf when the store has the ability to buy cheaper. This savings WILL be passed on to the board (if prices aren't competitive, nobody would break)....but you can't expect a guy to take 8 hours a week+ on this and not make a dime. I have a job. I don't need the $$ to live. Neither does Andrew or any of the other breakers here to my knowledge. They enjoy busting wax and the hobby in general, and even FCB.

Even taking the poster into account I didn't read her responses as trolling.

Simply asking if your breaks would be cheaper because youd be getting Leaf product direct. Sounds like a pretty direct question.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Even taking the poster into account I didn't read her responses as trolling.

Simply asking if your breaks would be cheaper because youd be getting Leaf product direct. Sounds like a pretty direct question.

I didn't see a question about the breaks being cheaper....I saw a question about my cost being cheaper....leading me to believe she was digging at something.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
What the hell? When did I troll....you said direct, i heard cheaper..... DELETED BY MODERATOR

Get off my back people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Your original questions when I asked who was going to be profiting, moderators or the FCB store/Gilmore:

A. Why does it matter?

B. Do you really think group breakers do it for the profit? Just ask Andrew....when all is said and done it's probably not netting what you think it is after fees.

C. We won't be doing it in a scale that makes it profitable (unless this is wildly popular) ....remember, we are driving board traffic, posts and content! Weirdly enough, there are people who like to see group breaks done....but do not participate.

My responses:
A. It's not obvious?
B. There are many reasons that group breakers perform group breaks, one of which is profit. The second is the ability to buy in quantity and obtain product for the breaker's use at a cheaper rate. There are numerous others.
C. So you're LOSING money on these group breaks?

Your latest questions.

A. NO.
B. Why does any of that matter to you? Especially when my intentions have already been stated in previous posts.
C. Nobody is losing money, but the intention is not to derive revenue solely from the breaks. The goal is to build the board up and get it humming like it used to be....and in more areas than just baseball. Especially for football products, we intend to bring you products that aren't broken very often here, and at a price hopefully cheaper than what even blowout would charge you, especially as we drive football and hockey breaks. You don't have to know the why and the how. But, we have explained why and how in the thread already.

And my responses:

A. Go back and read threads from the past few weeks where you've felt the need to comment on what I've posted. I haven't posted much in the past few months so it shouldn't take long.
B. Why does what matter to me? You asked me if breakers do it for the profit, and I mentioned that yes, that is one of the reasons (albeit not the only one). Your answer is "why does any of that matter to me?" I have no idea what your question is. From your response in B, though, it appears that you're the one that is profiting from it in A).
C. You said that "we won't be doing it on a scale that is profitable". Then, you denied that you were losing money. So you are completely breaking even, not making a penny and not losing one?

All I asked was who was making the profit here, to allow me to gauge as to whether I wanted to spend my money here.

I don't have to know the why and the how, but you've explained the why and how already. Okay, if you say so. I don't remember asking the why and the how, nor did I really care. But, whatever.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
DELETED BY MODERATOR

As for a new breaker. Thats great. But I will only stick with Andrew. I assume most will do the same as new breakers IMO are not needed around here. We could have 75 of them, dont mean traffic will go nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
At least you are finally admitting it. Now if only you just stopped commenting and then playing victim when wrong you may get how this whole forum thing works.

As for a new breaker. Thats great. But I will only stick with Andrew. I assume most will do the same as new breakers IMO are not needed around here. We could have 75 of them, dont mean traffic will go nuts.

I've admitted it before, even on this forum, so I'm not sure what you mean by "finally"....and nothing about any of my posts on this thread have been trolly at all, so not sure why you feel the need to post this. Although, it is always good to get on the good side of a Super Moderator, isn't it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online