Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
May 15th submitted super size sub , order popped on Aug 14th, got back Aug 17th and just now showing here for the sportscaster , Nomar's, and Griffey.

Those prior jumbo I showed (Judge & Buehler) went in June 26th and popped B4 these did.

Me

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More for the Clemens insurance project (required scanning). In 1990 Star Co produced a NOVA Edition
Just 500 sets per player produced and in a nice blue/yellow overtone. While not the highest grade- these are 1 owner originals. I'm proud to have held on to them and kept them in good shape. Typical OC and corner issues on these.
Somewhere buried deep in storage was the cert that came with it.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Another Star set scanned as these are all in the same box apparently. These are the 1991 Star Stellar Clemens, another 500 set production. Nice Red and Gold undertones. Really liked these colors reminded me of late 80's Fleer sets the smaller drug stores sold.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Continuing on scanning project for insurance more Stars these from the 1992 Star Nova series
Like the 1991 Nova series these are Red with Silver lower tints. I like the silver better than the Gold tinted prior years

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
May 15th submitted super size sub , order popped on Aug 14th, got back Aug 17th and just now showing here for the sportscaster , Nomar's, and Griffey.

Those prior jumbo I showed (Judge & Buehler) went in June 26th and popped B4 these did.

Me

So how many did you submit in these 2 jumbos? You going to BGS now rather the PSA?

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
PC items are mostly BGS. PSA for ALL resale. I do have10 or so PSA sets though that are PC until I retire. I do 4 times the amount in PSA as I do BGS. Have to pay lots of medical bills

I subbed 9 items in that May supersized. 2 more went in a June 26th sub.I have 70 more Supersized still to submit. At $20.25 per takes a while. I sold a Beltre rookie for $225 back in May that helped to finance that supersized sub.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Cool to see some gems on the Star stuff.

I wish I had more time to spend on grading. Any tips on a good lamp to be using?

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Cool to see some gems on the Star stuff.

I wish I had more time to spend on grading. Any tips on a good lamp to be using?

I use indirect LED lights throughout my apartment. The best I can say is the darker around you the better. I have lived downstairs all my life ,and have worked nights also most of my life, so I am used to dark spaces and prefer minimal light. In years past, I eyeballed stuff without any additional measures . I don't have time to put a card into some defined process, I look real quick = it either passes , or it doesn't, and since my low is PSA 7 most pass.

Recently the wife complained of eye issues, and she noticed I was squinting at cards, so off to the eye doctor for both of us.
Prescription eyeglasses were purchased for her, and mine was merely reading glasses recommended. She also just gifted me with this device below for my desk. Detachable 10x/65x loupe. Neat little thing so I have used it a little bit , probably not as much as I should. Actually have used it more to review others stuff when it returned.

I'll recommend it as well as it was cheap and portable can take it anywhere.

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The last of the Star sets in that box- the 1992 STAR MILLENNIUM Clemens. They spelled it wrong -not the first label that's been wrong. No time for me to fix the OPG or labels. Again I owned no one else so its a 1 owner set. I loved the front- backs were horrible. They should have chosen a lighter gray. Pictures were also not as good as prior years. Overall disappointing set but one I picked up years ago anyways.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Cleaning up the first box came across more stuff I "thought" was gone yet is still in the PC. The stuff I am finding :rolleyes:
Hopefully won't be around much longer now that is scanned. Can no longer PC 50 people "some bodies" gotta go.
This is like the 5th item in 2 weeks for Yaz I came across. Many years ago had purged my PC of what I thought was all his vintage at a hefty profit. Seems I still have stuff deeply embedded in places I am now coming across. Oh well = slabs gotta go I no longer PC him. Boggs same deal, no longer PC him, so slabs gotta go.

The Yaz 1981 Donruss Gem is a Pop 3
The Boggs 1987 Fleer Headliner Gem is a Pop 1
The Boggs 1999 TGL Class 1 Gem is also a Pop 1

full

full

full

Also scanning more Clemens and they caused me to actually do some writing and research, so I might update my Red Sox 365 days post for the first time in a while.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs scanning caught up. All Wade Boggs for a little bit.
I remember selling this Weeks card when it came out for about $200. Fast forward to 2020- purchased back for $9 delivered.
The Molitor is going in to PSA for crossover for my 1997 Finest PSA set.
Remember mistakenly sending to BGS and rueing the wasting of the $6.50 I spent

full

full

Some of these are also going to PSA for crossover, others being pruned down as I clear hundreds of thousands of items in storage

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Opening next box of slabs for insurance scanning. First out is the 1988 Topps Cloth 2nd set I was working on and set aside.
I already completed a set in 1998 and these were going towards Set 2 that just fell to the wayside
Owned these for years after buying from my friend Donato years ago. I'm sure he'll appreciate knowing I still own.
Will post whats in the box ( please don't ask me to go look for players- no clue which storage unit most of the 2 sets are)
More to follow as I scan this box of items
full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The entire sheet has stamping on it on the lower bottom portion that says SAMPLE ONLY NOT FOR SALE
The stamping is part of the fabric itself and cannot be removed (see pic below)

full

Also see next group of 4 items scanned
full

full

full

full

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Nice! Thanks for showing the picture of a sheet, now I know what that marking is on the bottom left corner of my Rick Rodriguez.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
PC items are mostly BGS. PSA for ALL resale. I do have10 or so PSA sets though that are PC until I retire. I do 4 times the amount in PSA as I do BGS. Have to pay lots of medical bills

I subbed 9 items in that May supersized. 2 more went in a June 26th sub.I have 70 more Supersized still to submit. At $20.25 per takes a while. I sold a Beltre rookie for $225 back in May that helped to finance that supersized sub.

What sets do you have that are all graded. I just got back a 80 plus order with the 1984 topps set. Not the whole set of course but most of the hall of famers. Of course my luck, I get several 9s but not one single 10! Still happy with the overall grades, just wish I got atleast 1 or 2 10s!

What's wierd though, is this was a quarterly special( the 80s special) that I sent in around July. It gets listed in to my psa account on 8/14 and then is graded and shipped out 9/10. Skipping all my other submissions before it. They just decided to grade this one first. PSA is strange sometimes.

Members online