Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC - Anyone have anything positive to say in 2021? (2022 UPDATE) (2023 UPDATE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I love COMC and they will continue to get my business and I am already filling up my inventory to be shipped next year including some Andre Dawson cards that I have never seen before! Thank you COMC!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It is now 2 months for an order!! Let the bitching continue. It was shipped today. When I get it, who the HELL KNOWS? B.S. B.S. B.S. B.S. B.S.
Date Requested:12/13/2023
Actual Ship Date:2/15/2024
Congrats on an actual shipment! I lost another day since yesterday apparently. It's an estimate at this point, but I did get an email about $5 off my next order if made before May 16 for my shipment missing it's date. At this point, it seems like a hollow attempt to smooth over a crappy response, but I do have a few cards that missed the last shipment, so I have one more shipment to endure from them.

I will give them credit for that discount, now I just have to request another shipment for 3 cards! I wonder if it was coming either way or if me applying some online pressure has any affect?

I requested my shipment 3 days after yours. Let's see if they can't beat the new odds...

Screen Shot 2024-02-16 at 5.33.53 PM.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I love COMC and they will continue to get my business and I am already filling up my inventory to be shipped next year including some Andre Dawson cards that I have never seen before! Thank you COMC!
I like to think I can forgive and forget. I was really pissed at the first post covid shipment, but I forgave and went back to buying.

i think it is becoming much easier for me to write them off for a few reasons:

1). For what I look for, it seems to becoming a dumping ground for overpriced cards that won't sell without a steep discount
2) My focus has narrowed a lot in the last couple years. I am finally preparing for the end of buying cards and it shows in my habits
3). I guess i have just reached that point in life when I am becoming that "Get off my lawn" guy.

It's time to let a new batch of card buyers have the fun (and frustration) that comes with online card buying in 2024!

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
So, as a test, i paid 2 bucks more for a NEW order to be rushed, and i managed to "cut myself" in line. 2nd order will ship WAY faster than 1st by ETAs stated. Will be interesting to see if they actually ship me my 2nd order before the 1st, for the sake of only 2 bucks lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240216_162405_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240216_162405_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240216_162525_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240216_162525_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
When I requested my last shipment January 5 (expected this week but now not until mid-March) there were 350,000+ items ahead of mine. There are currently still about 250,000. I don't like to think about the logistics of managing that many cards so I can't complain but man, it does take the fun right out of it. It's like ordering something by mail in the 70s-80s.

I got an email last week giving me $5 my next shipment since they're so behind. I've got a bunch of cards that I've been waiting to get shipped, and was planning to use that discount on expedited. But if thousands of people got that notice, they'll probably all do the same thing and then that service level will be swamped. Might as well go ahead and order the shipment now.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Can only speak of my own personal experiences in 2024 - and let's just take the last 30 days as an example

For 2024 - I have shipped 20-30 cards at a time, always with top loads on them
Always chose Economy Rushed. ZERO complaints with COMC
More complaints about USPS delays than COMC stuff

Maybe in the 1980's and 90's I'd have penny pinched. Not since the mid-1990's when the internet really just took off for online buying have I wasted my own valuable time waiting just because I wanted "cheap" cost. To me- my own emotional maturity dictated " time is money" = and wasting time waiting forever for something to arrive just doesn't seem like a smart thing suited to enjoying my own life. This could be why Amazon really took off as a ton of other people have these same thoughts from what I see. Strangely I rarely use Amazon as I've discovered when cheap should be employed and when it is not wise-- hence my own COMC decision making

No issues on my COMC wait times in 2024 at least for me

COMC BUYS.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Roughly 9 weeks for the shipment to arrive. It showed up today, technically "beating" the last estimate i saw, which was for shipment on 2/23.

Now I have 4 items (3 I won off ebay) still in my portfolio. I have $0.33 left in store credit and a $5 shipping credit that will expire 5/16/24. I must make 1 more shipment, so I guess I can add at least $0.74 credit (but I think the minimum is $10) to cover the economy ship option. If I did that, I am estimated to wait 2 months (4/23 ship date) for my last 4 cards or I can add $2 and get March 1 ship date! In this case, the fee is probably worth the hassle of an extra 2 months and still cheaper than shipping 3 cards from ebay on separate transactions

With baseball right around the corner though, I could suck it up, add the minimum $10 credit, wait and add a couple new Dodger autos as they come up, as they always do, then get to a point where my credit is used up. I feel like I am being forced to do things at each turn, but whatever. This can be all over soon.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
They deserve it. There is no valid reason to take that long to process orders. If they are that busy, hire more people. Sadly, enough people are OK with it that they don't seem to have to address it. Nobody NEEDS their cards in a week, but 2 months?! It's stupid.

I still absolutely love the hobby, but so much has changed and its much easier to get frustrated rather than enjoy it. If its no longer fun, what is the point.

Now in his case, I don't know if he collects or maybe he is just buying things to use for his product releases and perhaps the slowness is affecting his business somehow as well. Not a huge fan of Leaf these days to be honest, but he isn't wrong here.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
They deserve it. There is no valid reason to take that long to process orders. If they are that busy, hire more people. Sadly, enough people are OK with it that they don't seem to have to address it. Nobody NEEDS their cards in a week, but 2 months?! It's stupid.

I still absolutely love the hobby, but so much has changed and its much easier to get frustrated rather than enjoy it. If its no longer fun, what is the point.

Now in his case, I don't know if he collects or maybe he is just buying things to use for his product releases and perhaps the slowness is affecting his business somehow as well. Not a huge fan of Leaf these days to be honest, but he isn't wrong here.
Since he's no longer with LEAF, I doubt he is buying for them. He's been doing Whatnot so maybe for his shows.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Since he's no longer with LEAF, I doubt he is buying for them. He's been doing Whatnot so maybe for his shows.
I did not know that. I thought he owned them. Did he sell to someone or was I misinformed?

I just looked and he stepped down as CEO, but appears to still owns the company. I'd say that is still with them, although is he a hands on or off owner?

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I did not know that. I thought he owned them. Did he sell to someone or was I misinformed?

I just looked and he stepped down as CEO, but appears to still owns the company. I'd say that is still with them, although is he a hands on or off owner?
He's been more focusing on family and doing whatnot and going to shows.
He's been hinting that he has something in the works, but who knows.

Members online

Latest posts