Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

The Land Of Always Baseball....Sunny Florida
     WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope springs eternal for every Major League team on Opening Day. The long march to the World Series begins with Game No. 1.

MLB.com is taking a look at the clubs that have done the best job of getting off on the right foot. Here are the best MLB teams on Opening Day, ranked by winning percentage (per the Elias Sports Bureau, ties are discounted from calculating a team's win percentage).

1. Mets: .649 (37-20)
    The Mets' spot at No. 1 on this list is all the more impressive when you consider that the franchise lost its first eight Opening Day games from its inception in 1962. (Even the 1969 Miracle Mets lost their season opener.) Since then, the Mets have won 37 of 49 openers, including the first game of their other World Series-winning season in 1986. That amazin' run makes the Mets' Opening Day record the best all-time of any Major League franchise. Some of their most memorable moments involve franchise icons: Gary Carter's walk-off home run on Opening Day 1985 and Tom Seaver's return to the Mets on Opening Day 1983, six years after his shocking trade to the Reds, when he outdueled Steve Carlton.

2. Mariners: .605 (26-17)
    The Mariners have only been around as an MLB franchise since 1977, but they started strong by winning eight of their first 10 Opening Day games. They've done well in recent openers as well, taking nine straight from 2007-15. Seattle has also had two of the best Opening Day pitchers of all-time -- Randy Johnson had an MLB-record 107 strikeouts on Opening Day (including two 14-K starts for the Mariners), and Félix Hernández has a career 1.54 ERA on Opening Day while ranking fourth all-time with 78 strikeouts. Ken Griffey Jr. is the player tied with Robinson atop the career Opening Day home run chart.

3. Orioles: .598 (70-47-1)
    The Orioles are one of the American League's eight original charter franchises, founded along with the league in 1901 as the first Milwaukee Brewers before they spent a half-century as the St. Louis Browns. They've remarkably sustained their Opening Day success for well over a century. Baltimore's first two world championship seasons in 1966 and 1970 both started with a win on Opening Day. Baltimore will enter 2019 having won eight straight openers. Orioles Hall of Famer Frank Robinson is tied for the most home runs hit on Opening Day, with eight.

4. D-backs: .571 (12-9)
    The D-backs won a thriller on Opening Day 2017, rallying for two runs in the ninth inning against Giants closer Mark Melancon for a walk-off win. It was the beginning of a thrilling season, as Arizona made the playoffs for the first time since 2011. The D-backs' memorable 2001 World Series run also began with an Opening Day win -- Randy Johnson struck out 10 Dodgers, and Luis Gonzalez hit the go-ahead homer in the seventh inning, his first of 57 that year. The Big Unit also threw a shutout for the D-backs on Opening Day the following year.

5. Yankees: .557 (64-51-1)
    The Yankees snapped a six-year Opening Day losing streak in 2018, thanks to a two-homer debut from Giancarlo Stanton. Overall, the most storied franchise in Major League Baseball has also been one of its best on Opening Day. Of the Yankees' record 27 World Series championship seasons, 17 have begun with an Opening Day win. That includes their first World Series season in 1923 -- when Opening Day was also the grand opening of the original Yankee Stadium. On that day, Babe Ruth delivered the three-run blast that led New York over the Red Sox.

WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With today's win, make it 38-20 all time....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pete Alonso is pretty good....that is all

WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxPax View Post
    Pete Alonso is pretty good....that is all
    As I was saying.....now can we fix the bullpen

WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My latest pick up is a 1976 Mets photo album which I had as a kid...I probably drew mustaches on most of them back in the day.... Got the 8x8 frames at Wally World for less than 2.00 ea...Cross posted this in the April pick thread too....

mantle7man
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice pickup........and return to your childhood! You can add fake mustaches occasionally, as needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Collector of Autographs, TTM autographs, Vintage, Yankees and Mantle
    Sets completed 1955-1965, 1967, 1969, 1951 Topps Red & Blue Back, 1951 Bowman, 1955 Bowman, 1963 Fleer, 1965 Topps Embossed, 1961 Topps Stamps, 1962 Topps Stamps & 1968 Topps Game.
    Yankee needs:Two 1962 Topps stamp pairs. Need T209 Contentnea Roanoke players.dano 7 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Syndergaard is the first pitcher since 1983 (which doesn’t feel like very long ago but is 36 years..?!) to homer and throw a shutout in a 1-0 game.

WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Syndergaard is the first pitcher since 1983 (which doesn’t feel like very long ago but is 36 years..?!) to homer and throw a shutout in a 1-0 game.

He saved the already thinned out bullpen for one day at least.....We could use Kimbrel that's for sure....

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He saved the already thinned out bullpen for one day at least.....We could use Kimbrel that's for sure....
    There’s so many teams out there that could use Kimbrel...I don’t get how he’s still unsigned

WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    There’s so many teams out there that could use Kimbrel...I don’t get how he’s still unsigned

Draft pick loss since he turned down qualifying offer...once the 2019 draft is done he will sign somewhere

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Draft pick loss since he turned down qualifying offer...once the 2019 draft is done he will sign somewhere

That makes sense

WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been trying to find one of these in decent shape at a reasonable price for a while....1969 Topps Mets Team 12x20 Poster... I'm also trying to get the 2018 Heritage boxloader version so they can be displayed side by side....cross posted in May pick up thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0ccAHiH.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	573.7 KB 
ID:	88859
    Last edited by WaxPax; 05-05-2019 at 05:23 AM.

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s cool, I think I have one of those original posters from 69 somewhere...

WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Callaway needs to go away....Seriously how do you get 1 hit by the same Marlins Pitcher you scored 8 runs in the first inning his last time out...this one day after not pulling Cano for his lack of hustle... if they lose today, they should NOT let him on the plane back to NY.....