Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

Not that I'm trying to change the rules after the game has been started, but how about having the person posting the current card take "Bids" on the card to be posted next. Meaning, The OP posted the aaron card, so how about the first "Bid" would be the Doerr, lets say the next member Bid a Reggie cert auto, another member bid a Ryan Braun auto. The current poster could say, OK, The Braun auto is now on the board, and make go like that. This way there is no first come first serve issues, and the decision is made by the person posting the current card.....Thoughts?

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
all the bickering has already started to take the spirit out of the original intent of the thread... if you look at the ongoing thread on collectors universe that I posted it simply stays on point with card taken and new card or cards posted. Its not about the perceived value or Ebay value of the card posted..its about putting up something that someone here will want for their own collection. Some guys happen to have cards which would be PC all day for others that they simply just don't value as high as the next person might. Lets not take the spirit of the thread and turn it into Ebay prospecting..

just wanted to add that you may want to sticky the actual card thread so its visable at all times

Last edited:

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
I think people are more so making it a trade thread.Obviously though,if your going to claim a card atleast make sure you have something 'similiar' to offer.When I say similiar I dont necessarily mean BV for BV,but if you take a nice auto,leave a nice auto.

Reguardless,I really hope to see this thread take off!

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I agree, is there any way to remove all the comments from the official thread & just keep the cards and appropriate comments up?

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
As soon as I read the first post, I found the idea very original and rewarding for members. Working in the social field, I applaud this kind of initiative.

I think most are aware of the value that will be offered, and also what we should offer in the future if I decide to request a card.

I am not at all surprised at the reaction of some members, without pointing any individual. For many of us, the joy of collecting and trading is scrambled by the value of their assets. So it's clear that those people have little chances of getting any satisfaction at all in a pay-it-forward.

Some will find their count, I will gladly participate for one. For others, instead of criticizing about value, I suggest you to use the transactions board.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
For everyone complaining about equal value: are we then just going to ban the poor kids who can't post something comparable? Almost every time I've felt like helping out a fellow collector, it was because he COULDN'T collect the things I was giving him because of the value. I'm not saying this to brag or anything, I'm just pointing out that the "Pay-It-Forward" is indeed a form of charity and goodwill. If you're only doing it to get something back, you're missing the point.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I hope this project lasts and produces the goodwill that it could. That it should.

It isn't about dollar figures, but in a hobby full of greed, lying, cheating and stealing...this is a great thing.

For the spirit of this...be reasonable, but mostly be true to the spirit.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Looks like the soler went to a cubs fan too. It's nice & I would like to have it too but I knew there was a better home so I passed

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I have a question. I just claimed the next card the Soler BC auto and am wondering if it could be something other than a card. I have an OMLB auto'd by Carlos Zambrano that I no longer need in my Cubs PC for obvious reasons.

If not then that's cool cause I have a double of Dunston Jr blue refractor auto that I can put up for next

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have a question. I just claimed the next card the Soler BC auto and am wondering if it could be something other than a card. I have an OMLB auto'd by Carlos Zambrano that I no longer need in my Cubs PC for obvious reasons

If I were king I'd say that's cool.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I have a question. I just claimed the next card the Soler BC auto and am wondering if it could be something other than a card. I have an OMLB auto'd by Carlos Zambrano that I no longer need in my Cubs PC for obvious reasons

Give something that you think someone will want. My PC is never off limits if it's going to someone else who will love it.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Give something that you think someone will want. My PC is never off limits if it's going to someone else who will love it.

Agreed. The worst thing would be for someone to put something up that no one wants and it grinds the giving to a halt. That's why I made the point about trying to tailor your gift to a few specific members if you can, or to teams that you know have a fan base.

A_Pharis

Looking up! Way to go, guys!

As far as "banning for value" - no. That will never happen, and anyone fighting tooth and nail over people not puting up "equal value" are doing so for a moot point. In a perfect world, all things would be valued equally... however, this is about giving. So, despite what someone "claims" - as long as they are giving up something that is of SOME substance then it's alright.

Now, if I find any claimed cards on eBay or if any are pointed out to me being traded here or on another site... I may not take very kindly to it. No one should claim anything that they don't plan on keeping.

Last edited:

Members online