Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011
I didn't know there was a discussion thread, so I posted this in the official thread but...

Anyone got any ideas for a possible Christmas exchange? I think it would be fun to do but idk any good ideas on how that would work.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I didn't know there was a discussion thread, so I posted this in the official thread but...

Anyone got any ideas for a possible Christmas exchange? I think it would be fun to do but idk any good ideas on how that would work.

Somebody always sets one up around this time, just keep your eyes open.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
New card up Clayton Kershaw mini printing plate

I certainly do have a few people in mind that would be interested in this plate. It's something I was trying to sell here, which I actually feel guilty about every now and then. There's so much generosity here, and some members give so much, that it can be a little intimidating to someone like myself who may not necessarily have the ability to give away really nice cards all the time. It would be a real shame to see this great idea get ruined by a few people more concerned with value than the gesture itself. If someone wants to take advantage of the system, then everyone will see it, and respond accordingly.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I certainly do have a few people in mind that would be interested in this plate. It's something I was trying to sell here, which I actually feel guilty about every now and then. There's so much generosity here, and some members give so much, that it can be a little intimidating to someone like myself who may not necessarily have the ability to give away really nice cards all the time. It would be a real shame to see this great idea get ruined by a few people more concerned with value than the gesture itself. If someone wants to take advantage of the system, then everyone will see it, and respond accordingly.

Nice Kershaw, DB! Plenty of Dodgers fans on here. Can't see it lasting too long.

I really want to post an item, but am waiting to see some base Bowman Chrome Autos I can use in my sets pop up first! Bummed I missed that Josh Bell.

Last edited:

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I have thought about participating in the thread, but mainly to give things away. I have a bunch of stuff that is not PC that I would be more than happy to giveaway. The majority is low end. It seems some people don't like the idea of giving away low end items.

I may just start my own thread and list my own cards until they are gone. I only collect Adam Dunn, Brandon Phillips, Reds, and Bengals. I don't think too much of that is going to be listed in the PIF thread any way. :lol:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Why not revise the concept just a little and make a pay it forward low end (anything under $10), mid-level (anything between 10-25) high end (anything between $25-50) and ultra-high end (anything over $50) thread?

I'd participate in all of them. And to be clear - that means cash value, not book value. It's also a judgement call to some extent, so don't flame someone because they put an $9 card in the mid-level and took a $26 one from it. Again, it is the spirit of giving, but it just provides a few tiers so more people feel COMFORTABLE participating. That's clearly been an issue based on comments so far.

I'm sure others have thought this already. I'm just saying it outloud I guess. It seems like a natural progression to elaborate on a GREAT concept.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Why not revise the concept just a little and make a pay it forward low end (anything under $10), mid-level (anything between 10-25) high end (anything between $25-50) and ultra-high end (anything over $50) thread?

I'd participate in all of them. And to be clear - that means cash value, not book value. It's also a judgement call to some extent, so don't flame someone because they put an $9 card in the mid-level and took a $26 one from it. Again, it is the spirit of giving, but it just provides a few tiers so more people feel COMFORTABLE participating. That's clearly been an issue based on comments so far.

I'm sure others have thought this already. I'm just saying it outloud I guess. It seems like a natural progression to elaborate on a GREAT concept.

I agree with this. You and Anthony hit the nail on the head. The ultimate goal of this is to help out other collectors. Honestly, I am not looking for anything in return. A thank you is more than enough.

I have one high end item that I am going to give away, the rest tend to be in the low-mid range. Multiple threads may be the way to go if people are so focused on the amount of the items.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I agree with this. You and Anthony hit the nail on the head. The ultimate goal of this is to help out other collectors. Honestly, I am not looking for anything in return. A thank you is more than enough.

I have one high end item that I am going to give away, the rest tend to be in the low-mid range. Multiple threads may be the way to go if people are so focused on the amount of the items.

In that case, just create a "free to a good home" thread... that way no one feels pressure to put something back into the thread. They can just take what they want. I'd stipulate they pay the shipping on the item though. It's only reasonable. I mean you are kind enough to give it away. The least the person taking it can do is cover the shipping expense, especially on a heavy item. I got some stuff to throw in there too!

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
I think that frankthetank should be given a medal for getting the thread back on track. We were headed for disaster....

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure why my post got nuked in the other thread.....

Waulk .......don't try to backtrack and say you're kidding. The thread is not meant for you to call dibs. That is all, *********......

Sent from my DROIDX using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online