Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: TwinsFest 2014

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup.

I'm sure we'll both be at another event sometime down the road.
    Last edited by TBTwinsFan; 01-26-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I made it as far as fargo, all the interstates in North Dakota are closed

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's bad.

It was a complete whiteout last night. Thankfully I was only 30 miles out of town or so when it got really bad.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today seemed really quiet. I wasn't doing autographs but happened to wander by Buxton line which didn't seem crazy but it may have been cut, not sure. Players seemed more relaxed. Didn't see a lot of signing or pics by players outside designated areas on Friday although I heard Sano did later Friday. Today my son wanted to do carnival games and Kubel was there and took pictures with every kid which was nice. Terry Ryan signed a few after a radio appearance too that I walked by in the afternoon.

tgutta08
     TWasylikJr
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got around to taking pictures of all of my TwinsFest pickups! Had a great time meeting up with everyone and thanks to everyone who helped me out with getting some things signed! Only went on Friday this year which is a change for me since I usually go all 3 days. My biggest want for the weekend was finishing my Mauer/Morneau Dual Bobblehead. While Mauer and Buxton were signing at the same time on Friday, I had my girlfriend with me so she was able to get Buxton for me while I got Mauer. I would find out later by [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION] that I could have gotten Buxton first and still gotten through Mauer's line, oh well.

And here are the pickups from the Buxton line:

Next up for me was the Hughes/Duensing/Gibson line. The Gibson is a GU ball from his debut. I was at the game and pre-purchased a ball, but unfortunately it wasn't actually pitched by Gibson. Doesn't matter too much to me since it was still from the game and it is PC. I also added Mike Kvasnicka to my Gophers hat which already had Kyle Knudson, Derek McCallum, A.J. Pettersen, Terry Steinbach, and Glen Perkins.

Next up was Willingham/Berrios/Meyer. I got a couple different cards for [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] of Willingham done in this line, so I just picked up a few different cards.

My biggest line of the day was the last one with Gardenhire/Gladden/Hicks/Kubel. I was getting a Gardenhire stadium banner and Kubel Debut Ticket stub signed for someone over on Neshek's, so I only had a couple items for myself. They were nice ones for me though, a Gladden bobblehead which Gardy got a real kick out of since it was one that he hadn't seen before so we talked for a minute about it, and a Hicks Debut Ticket stub. I also have to say thanks to [MENTION=9116]hrbek14[/MENTION] for getting a Jason Kubel ball done for me that I got that he hit during BP at a game.

After the last signing I had a few minutes left before it closed so I figured I would go down to the show one last time and see if I could find anything. Didn't really have any luck as I think the show was pretty awful this year, but it ended with a bang as this "little" guy was walking by. He signed autos for 5-10 people, but I didn't really need anything of him so he was nice enough to stop and take a picture. The guy with him kept telling him that they had to go, but he seemed like he enjoyed staying and interacting with the fans.

Last edited by TGutta; 01-26-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    Collecting Denard Span!
    Non 1/1: 448/565
    Total 1/1's: 61

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice haul!

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live auction results
    1) Framed 1987 World Championship Poster (if you looked closely there was lots of damage to it) - $1700!!!
    2) Joe Mauer Jersey (if you looked up the mlb hologram, it says Game Used, they had it listed as team issued - $1700 (steal IMO)
    3) Twinsfest Bat (this thing was 5-6 ft tall, very cool) - $850
    4) Memorial Day Package (Perk GU jersey, Deduno Hat, Lineup Card) - $450 (steal)
    5) Zac Brown Band Autographed Guitar - $850 (in the words of Bo Dietel...really?......REALLY?)
    6) 2013 Opening Day Base - $725
    7) 2014 Home Run Derby Tickets - $2000!!! (WTF?)
    8) 2013 All Star Ballot - $400 (ugliest thing on auction, should have went free to tbtwinsfan being it was signed by Perk)
    9) Joe Mauer Game Used Bat - $2200 (makes my Mauer bat look like a steal at 1k)
    10) Twins Hall of Fame Package (11 signed balls and a poster) - $1300 (people just pissing 100 dollar bills)
    11) Glen Perkins Package (jersey, hat, ball) - $500 (good value)

OK now the real nut burgers come out

12) Jim Thome 574 Home Run Base - $3100 (OK I see the significance behind the base, but not 3100 wise, but the buyer has some of the deepest pockets in Twins collecting)
    13) 2014 All Star Tickets - $3000 (same buyer as the HR derby tickets. Yes, one dude paid 5k for unknown seat location at Target Field, NNFFC!!!)
    14) Buxton Bat and Ball, Sano Bat and Ball all signed - $1450!!!!! (Mind you these are NOT game used or inscribed, if you stood in line and bought plain bats and balls, would have cost you under $200, people just tossing Benjamins around)
    15) Wooden Ball Case (holds 30 balls signed by current and former players) - $1500

Total of the craziness ----- $21,725
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Zac Brown, and his band, but I don't think I'd pay more than $25 for their autographs...

Sounds like they had some cool Perk stuff though.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are my Mauers
    Breaking Bats, will get Cuddy this year
    Double Bobble, will get Morneau this year
    Canvas

Buxton Sano Dual (not overly impressed with it, so not sure I will keep it or not)

Couple of GU hats I picked up cause I thought they were unique, will sell for what I paid for them ($30) if anyone is interested

Ramirez (the saying on the inside translate to I will Succeed I will Achieve)

Ramirez (got it because of the Flag on the side and the Dios Dios on the inside)

Jared Burton (most use I have ever seen on a hat)

zc3009
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pickups. This is just the stuff that fit onto the scanner. I have 6 baseballs, 2 ice cream helmets (4 sigs total), 1 16x20, and 1 game used bat (Kubel), that I got signed but haven't gotten pictures of yet

Kurt Suzuki- 8x10, 2009 Ginter. Hit him up both days I was there.

Glen Perkins- 2013 All-Star stitches, came out nice

Terry Steinbach- 1993 Finest

Alex Presley- 2011 Heritage RC

Dick Stigman- 1963 Topps, signed it in black before I could stop him

Josh Willingham- 2012 Ginter, 2008 Ginter (Both of these are thanks to Tommy, [MENTION=4648]TGutta[/MENTION], for helping me out)

Tony Oliva- 1969 Topps, and a 16x20

Joe Mauer- 2008 Ginter, and a baseball

Logan Darnell- 2010 Bowman Chrome Refractor (Thanks to Tommy)

Samuel Deduno- 2006 Bowman Chrome

Jose Berrios- 2013 Blue Wave (Thanks to Tommy), 2013 Heritage Minors

Scott Diamond- 2013 Ginter, thanks to Tommy

B.J. Hermsen- 2010 Topps Pro Debut

Phil Hughes- 2008 Ginter

Now these are the pick ups from the weekend. The coat drive 8x10 are from helping Taylor get 20 coats. The Bowman RC was a purchase of mine ($4) that I sent in to be authenticated with the help of [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION]

Justin Morneau Coat Drive 8x10

Justin Morneau Bowman Gold RC

Joe Mauer 8x10-

Justin Morneau 8x10

Michael Cuddyer 8x10-

Chris Parmelee, Liam Hendriks, Joe Benson Debut ticket stub signed by all-

Greg Gagne 1987 Topps- came in a grab bag from a dealer

Anthony Slama signed Twins calendar, game in a grab bag as well (Twins community fund)-

zc3009
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double post
    Last edited by clarkzac; 01-26-2014 at 11:51 PM.

annieheartsjohn
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These people don't care, charity auctions aren't about getting great value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musial Collector View Post
    Live auction results
    1) Framed 1987 World Championship Poster (if you looked closely there was lots of damage to it) - $1700!!!
    2) Joe Mauer Jersey (if you looked up the mlb hologram, it says Game Used, they had it listed as team issued - $1700 (steal IMO)
    3) Twinsfest Bat (this thing was 5-6 ft tall, very cool) - $850
    4) Memorial Day Package (Perk GU jersey, Deduno Hat, Lineup Card) - $450 (steal)
    5) Zac Brown Band Autographed Guitar - $850 (in the words of Bo Dietel...really?......REALLY?)
    6) 2013 Opening Day Base - $725
    7) 2014 Home Run Derby Tickets - $2000!!! (WTF?)
    8) 2013 All Star Ballot - $400 (ugliest thing on auction, should have went free to tbtwinsfan being it was signed by Perk)
    9) Joe Mauer Game Used Bat - $2200 (makes my Mauer bat look like a steal at 1k)
    10) Twins Hall of Fame Package (11 signed balls and a poster) - $1300 (people just pissing 100 dollar bills)
    11) Glen Perkins Package (jersey, hat, ball) - $500 (good value)

OK now the real nut burgers come out

12) Jim Thome 574 Home Run Base - $3100 (OK I see the significance behind the base, but not 3100 wise, but the buyer has some of the deepest pockets in Twins collecting)
    13) 2014 All Star Tickets - $3000 (same buyer as the HR derby tickets. Yes, one dude paid 5k for unknown seat location at Target Field, NNFFC!!!)
    14) Buxton Bat and Ball, Sano Bat and Ball all signed - $1450!!!!! (Mind you these are NOT game used or inscribed, if you stood in line and bought plain bats and balls, would have cost you under $200, people just tossing Benjamins around)
    15) Wooden Ball Case (holds 30 balls signed by current and former players) - $1500

Total of the craziness ----- $21,725

Thank you to JBel4331 for the great banner.

check out MY cards: https://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/twingnats
    Read my articles at:
    https://www.examiner.com/baseball-car.../john-anderson

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinGnats View Post
    These people don't care, charity auctions aren't about getting great value.
    ~really~
    Great value or not, I commented on the stupidity of the realized prices as I saw them first hand.

annieheartsjohn
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and I stated they're not stupid because the point of the price is not to just acquire an item. They are donating to the community fund.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musial Collector View Post
    ~really~
    Great value or not, I commented on the stupidity of the realized prices as I saw them first hand.

Thank you to JBel4331 for the great banner.

check out MY cards: https://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/twingnats
    Read my articles at:
    https://www.examiner.com/baseball-car.../john-anderson

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it goes to charity, aren't you allowed to write off anything over the actual value?