Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When your shipment is too heavy for First Class, what option do you choose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I'm looking for the most affordable and reliable.

UPS Ground? USPS Priority? FedEx Ground? Other?

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
How heavy are you talking? I always have luck with the USPS Priority Flat Rate, but I've never shipped much more than a pound.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I don't have easy access to UPS ground so I go Priority - I've also split shipments because it was cheaper. That is less likely with current rstes

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I'm looking at shipping 100 cards to COMC. It was about 1.5 pounds last time.

I'd definitely go USPS Priority flat rate. I've shipped something like 300 cards to COMC before and it wasn't more than around $15 including signature confirmation.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I'd definitely go USPS Priority flat rate. I've shipped something like 300 cards to COMC before and it wasn't more than around $15 including signature confirmation.

Perfect! That was the type of help I was looking for. I appreciate it.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
For shipping Ebay auctions, anything that's 13 oz - 2 lbs. is cheaper with Priority Mail than any other option. With my top rated seller status, I can ship a 2 lb. box cross country for $8.99, and it's less than $6 for closer states. For over 2 lbs., the flat rate priority shipping is good if it fits, or for larger heavy items Fedex is cheapest. I use Fedex for a large 3 lb. box that goes cross country, but if I'm shipping something only one state over sometimes Priority is still cheapest for 3-5 lbs. The flat rate bubble envelope is great for shipping non-fragile items like jerseys. I've even used it to mail flatware.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm trying to pay the minimal amount since the majority of what I sell on COMC is very low end.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Like jea said, you can ship aprox 180 regular sized cards in a small flat rate priority box for $5.25. Just use 6 team bags with about 30 cards in each and wrap them in bubble wrap or newspaper and they fit perfect in small flat rate box.
You can send a 500 ct box in a flat rate padded envelope for about $6.00
Just make sure they are not moving in the 500 ct box

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Depending on where you are and where you are shipping, regional rate boxes can be considerably cheaper than flat rate... It is almost as if the PO keeps this option as some sort of top secret shipping option! LOL

Latest posts