Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No daily MiLB thread for me today, sorry guys. Too occupied with tonight's festivities.

We can use this thread to discuss picks as they occur tonight, as well as tomorrow and Saturday. Until then, I'll use it to post any last-minute Mock drafts, as well as anything else Draft related.

For those unaware, the Draft will be on MLB Network, starting with a one-hour preshow at 6pm EST tonight. It will also be streamed live on MLB.com.

For those on Twitter, @BowmanCards will be live tweeting during the event (Topps will be live in the studio.). I sent them some abbreviated info on a bunch of probable 1st rounders, which you'll see using the hashtag #bowmanscouts .

Let's kick things off with a question - which player(s) are you most looking forward to seeing where they get picked?

For me, my top 3 are:

1) Carlos Rodon - been a fan of his for over a year, and looking forward to seeing if his subpar 2014 drops him any, or if he still goes #1 . I do think he'd be a great boon to Miami's system.

2) Kyle Freeland - I have a soft spot for projectable lefties, and he's the best in the bunch IMO. Put up video game numbers this past year.

3) Derek Hill - Fingers crossed my TB Rays can get him at #20 . Best CF available in this year's crop, 5-tool ability, from what I've read. And he's got plenty of room to get stronger, as power is the only thing lacking right now.

Reminder- the deadline to enter guesses in my contest is at 3:00 Central. Last chance!

Welcome to a prospector's Christmas in June, folks. :mrgreen:

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
Since I keep up with University of North Carolina baseball and I hope they all get drafted

I like to see who the Braves are going to choose, a pitcher or a outfielder!

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Local sports show has Jim Calis on, hoping for some last min juicy tidbits. Most likely he'll just focus on possible Jays picks.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I just hope the White Sox don't screw it up. Huge opportunity to add a blue chip to their system.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
It would be nice for the Jays to actually sign their first rd picks.

I'd be happy with a combination of any of these players: Hoffman/Turner/Pentecost/Schwarber
Toussaint seems to be dropping ($$$)

I hope top Canuck prospect, Gareth Morgan, in still around for the Jays is. Rd 3.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
Looking forward to see where Justin Kamplain goes. My younger brother played baseball with him at my alma mater in HS and is good friends with him. He finished well at Bama this year, going 6-1 his last 7. Cubs are most likely going to pick him up late 2nd or early 3rd round.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I just don't see the Marlins taking Rodon. They won't pay the cash it will take to get him in there, Jackson or Gordon is much more likely in my eyes, which will leave one of the big three pitching prospects for the Cubs. Maybe I am just being a homer, or overly optimistic....

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
KLaw's final Mock. Surprised to see Kolek and Freeland that low.

HOU 1 Brady Aiken
MIA 2 Carlos Rodon
CHW 3 Aaron Nola
CHC 4 Michael Conforto
MN 5 Nick Gordon
SEA 6 Alex Jackson
PHI 7 Sean Newcomb
COL 8 Tyler Kolek
TOR 9 Max Pentecost
NYM 10 Trea Turner
TOR 11 Jeff Hoffman
MIL 12 Kodi Medeiros
SD 13 Kyle Schwarber
SF 14 Grant Holmes
LAA 15 Tyler Beede
AZ 16 Bradley Zimmer
KC 17 Derek Hill
WAS 18 Erik Fedde
CIN 19 Touki Toussaint
TB 20 Casey Gillaspie
CLE 21 Justus Sheffield
LAD 22 Derek Fisher
DET 23 Nick Howard
PIT 24 Kyle Freeland
OAK 25 Ti'Quan Forbes
BOS 26 A.J. Reed
STL 27 Luis Ortiz

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
KLaw's final Mock. Surprised to see Kolek and Freeland that low.

HOU 1 Brady Aiken
MIA 2 Carlos Rodon
CHW 3 Aaron Nola
CHC 4 Michael Conforto
MN 5 Nick Gordon
SEA 6 Alex Jackson
PHI 7 Sean Newcomb
COL 8 Tyler Kolek
TOR 9 Max Pentecost
NYM 10 Trea Turner
TOR 11 Jeff Hoffman
MIL 12 Kodi Medeiros
SD 13 Kyle Schwarber
SF 14 Grant Holmes
LAA 15 Tyler Beede
AZ 16 Bradley Zimmer
KC 17 Derek Hill
WAS 18 Erik Fedde
CIN 19 Touki Toussaint
TB 20 Casey Gillaspie
CLE 21 Justus Sheffield
LAD 22 Derek Fisher
DET 23 Nick Howard
PIT 24 Kyle Freeland
OAK 25 Ti'Quan Forbes
BOS 26 A.J. Reed
STL 27 Luis Ortiz

Could Kolek really get past the Cubs?

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
@kileymcd: Make sure you're sitting down but there's a lot of industry chatter that Jeff Loria is meddling in the draft room and will dictate the pick.

Of course. :/

Members online

Latest posts