Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's the Thome collector going ape on Ebay..... Time to List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If you have any current listings (last 15 days) where this buyer is the winner and you bid, you can see their ID. Just do an advanced search, click on seller and then it allows buyer to pop up. Select buyer and use yourself and choose ended items. Make sure you don't select high bidder only. It will then show you who the high bidder was and you'll have the person's ID.

Then you can see everything they bought as well by using their ID and following the same steps (can't see active bids, only ended items).

It's mainly n***2, he beats me out all the time::facepalm::. I don't know who it is but there's a guy on another board that has over 4000 different Thome cards, the largest collection I know of. Thome's rarer cards have really been tough to get the last 2-3 years. The 1999 Gold Tek/10 that is on ebay now is a good example. I got one for $10 a few years ago but this one will end up around $100. And n***2 hasn't even bid on it, yet.:D

Thome's cards might spike a little in about 4 weeks when the Indians unveil Thome's statue in Cleveland. Thome might use this event to announce his retirement, even though he still wants to play. Glad I started collecting Thome cards 12 years ago, when they were really cheap.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
It's mainly n***2, he beats me out all the time::facepalm::. I don't know who it is but there's a guy on another board that has over 4000 different Thome cards, the largest collection I know of. Thome's rarer cards have really been tough to get the last 2-3 years. The 1999 Gold Tek/10 that is on ebay now is a good example. I got one for $10 a few years ago but this one will end up around $100. And n***2 hasn't even bid on it, yet.:D

Thome's cards might spike a little in about 4 weeks when the Indians unveil Thome's statue in Cleveland. Thome might use this event to announce his retirement, even though he still wants to play. Glad I started collecting Thome cards 12 years ago, when they were really cheap.

I have have been trying to look at the way this guy bids.... If it is really just you and him chasing these things, DONT BID TIL THE LAST SECOND. he likes to bid early then throws one last bid at the end. By bidding early you lose the element of surprise and he see you are bidding with him and around where he needs to go to win. Just watch it then slam your best offer at the end. Don't show your cards and you may win some for a lot less than you think. Take it from someone who got slammed more than once on my 98 precious metals. Until I showed patience, ;-)

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
LMAO I just woke my poor daughter up digging through some old 90s stuff in her room, it's hard to search cards in the dark.

strike while the iron is hot.

Haha! So good. I need to look to see if I have any rare Thome cards... Noes the time to strike.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I was more referencing this guys current history of buying THOME right now not just this one card.. I agree with you on Clark fans. See my first post

"I know players collector can go a little overboard (Will Clark Fans) :wink:, but holy crap...."

IMO I think it is a good time to sell Thome right now if you got a rare one and it is not a PC item. These are the times when you can pocket a few bucks because someone is buying up the market and paying a hefty premium....

I wouldn't really call this nuts. Look at the insane prices Will Clark high end 90s stuff goes for. Thome has arguably had a better career than Clark.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I pulled a '99 Gold Thome Tek (see the 99/00 Tek thread) and saw the multiple $600BIN's on eBay and threw mine up for $600BIN. No action and after the auction one ended for $115 I decided it was an aberration. So I relisted $120BIN like a complete idiot and it was gone in 10 minutes. I suck ::facepalm::

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
LOL! Seriously!? A '99 Gold tek for over $100?

I pulled a '99 Gold Thome Tek (see the 99/00 Tek thread) and saw the multiple $600BIN's on eBay and threw mine up for $600BIN. No action and after the auction one ended for $115 I decided it was an aberration. So I relisted $120BIN like a complete idiot and it was gone in 10 minutes. I suck ::facepalm::

No worries brotha... 120 is still a nice sale. Although i may have listed it for 250 OBO. These Thome cards are hot as a pistol.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I bid on the 99 Thome Tek Gold card before it got up to $100. Knew I wasn't going to win it. There is a 2009 Sterling Thome /10 card on ebay now at $282, ending later today. It should top $300.:eek:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm kind of in shock. It's like a big collector is dumping it at the same time a big collector is getting in.

Might be a situation where the two contacted each other and the seller just wouldn't do a deal off eBay but gave him the heads up that they'd be hitting the bay one at a time?

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
looking at past Thome auctions I did notice that n**2 bought a huge lot of like 1000+ Thome cards on ebay for around 299 sometime in the past two months. Apparently he is going for the #1 Thome Collector out there. More power to whoever it is. Wish I had his disposable income. I would find it hard to imagine him ever making money on the prices he is paying, but I bet at this pace he is going to have a very, very nice collection.

Members online

Latest posts