Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best pen for signing a Helmet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008
What is the best pen to use when signing a full size helmet? Regular black sharpie? or a paint pen of some sort? going to met Drew Brees in a few weeks and I have a helmet I want to get signed. Let me know. Thanks, Nathan

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
drewbreesreggiebushminibreesside.jpg

drewbreesreggiebushminibushside.jpg

these are regular black sharpie. just test the marker beforehand to make sure the ink is flowing smoothly

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Paintpen's have a habit of malfunctioning though. Sharpies are always constant.

If you've got the balls to risk a 5% chance that the autograph might turn out like crap because the guy signed too quickly, or the paintpen didn't flow correctly, it'll look 100x better.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
You have to make sure the paint pen is new, otherwise the paint will dry up on the tip and you won't get a nice auto from it. Paint pens are only $3, so I just buy a new one every few months.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Always use a sharpie. The reason why? Because I can't count on both hands and feet the number of times I have seen somebody using a paint pen and getting the item smeared or the auto looking like crap because the pen goofed up. The only thing to use a paint pen on is a super rough surface...maybe like an authentic NFL football. I have had this conversation with many people in the past and it never fails that at one point or time...their paint pens cost them an autograph. Its really bad when it was an autograph you waited a long time in line to get or had to pay a lot of money to have done. Plus...after getting it signed...I can put my stuff away within a minute or two. Good luck doing that with a paint pen auto. Its just not worth the risk. People who gamble eventually lose.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Sharpie for sure, but now on to colors...metallic color helmet needs a black sharpie. Light colored helmets need black sharpie. Dark helmets look great with a silver sharpie.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
Sharpie for sure, but now on to colors...metallic color helmet needs a black sharpie. Light colored helmets need black sharpie. Dark helmets look great with a silver sharpie.

I have seen blue on a white helmet but I was always nervous so I too have gone with the black on light colored ones. Does the blue hold up?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts