Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

To All the Biggio collectors...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Therion said:
GoJets9096822 said:
500? Really? How come they are sooo rare?

Because it was a minor league promotional item. They were handed out at the gate during random games. Each game had a different player. As time marches on, fewer and fewer will be available because collectors learned long ago that these were toughies and they are either sitting in some dude's pile of stuff from his childhood or PCs.

I bet a lot of them didn't make it out of the stadium in the first place, which is what made them toughies.... and 500 copies actually is rare! Kids don't think so nowadays with all the shiney 1/1's and so many cards #/5 etc, but... when I was a kid I had a Shaq rookie that I thought was soooo awesome, because it was a "Limited Print" card...

!Bq(k50!B2k~$(KGrHqUH-C0EuZZZiR8QBLve0qRfow~~_12.jpg

Nice, 1 of only 63,400! Sweeet!

And then there were these super rare cards that came out in 1991 called Donruss Elite. They were serial #'d out of only 10,000 cards each, I think some were so scarce that they only made 7,500 of them.... and they were super hard to find!

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
Here is another IMPOSSIBLE Biggio card to find...1989 UD RC Blank Back....this is the only one I have ever seen
IMG_4374.jpg

If any Houston collectors or Biggio guys can shed some light on this it would be appreciated...This is NOT the Anehiem Samples that were distributed in 1988 as it has the Position listed in the little grey box and has no stamp on the back, this is a blank back.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Therion said:
GoJets9096822 said:
Ahhhh that makes sense...Dang I wish I could find one...

If I ever stumble across a Biggio, I'll drop you a line. Keep an eye out for the Darryl Kile for me!

If I can dig around...I'll make some calls. Need to find some business cards and whatnot. It seems there are people around here who horde astros items. Sure somebaody has one. Too bad neither one of you live in Houston to be around the action.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
Heres a scan.

biggio.jpg

Latest posts