Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett.com being redone again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
What's the over/under that the new site will look eerily familiar to what it was before? I'm not bitter about the last change, I just couldn't spend the amount of time that it took to figure out how to use the site. User unfriendly from the get-go. Not to mention that it took 2 weeks to transfer my old collection info into the new database. Wonder what will happen to all of that data with the new site?

Again, I wish them luck, but I am still proud to say that my post count over there is still 0 since the last change.

JMPO.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
I think it's a nice change of pace to actually see the head of something come out and address people instead of hiding from their faults like every other person does nowadays.

Agreed. Wow. We'll see I guess.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
So, if I am reading this correctly, two years after the launch of a poor website, that led to the creation of this great site, the users of Beckett.com are still complaining to the point that a focus has been made to finally address the problems. I guess the ones who stuck around bought into the idea that the site would "grow on them" and that the issues would all be worked out by now. Still sad to think that a company which used to be the pinnacle of the hobby took so long to admit that they had made a mistake and that it might be hurting their bottom line. Atleast now maybe we'll get a non-Beta site and finally have back another resource for finding wanted information about this grat hobby.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Reading this, I went there and read the article about the poor guy who resold the Stras Super because of "all the negativity"! I'm sure it had nothing to do with the crazy money the red1/1 was getting..

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
ronfromfresno said:
So, if I am reading this correctly, two years after the launch of a poor website, that led to the creation of this great site, the users of Beckett.com are still complaining to the point that a focus has been made to finally address the problems. I guess the ones who stuck around bought into the idea that the site would "grow on them" and that the issues would all be worked out by now. Still sad to think that a company which used to be the pinnacle of the hobby took so long to admit that they had made a mistake and that it might be hurting their bottom line. At least now maybe we'll get a non-Beta site and finally have back another resource for finding wanted information about this grat hobby.

My thoughts exactly!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Am I the only one skeptical enough about the "improvements" to put out he didn't specify which year, just December?

:lol: :cool: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts