Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

$54,000 Can Feed Haiti for a Month...Or Just the Cowboys.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Nice to see Roy get him back for not carrying the pads :lol: .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... 96-dinner/
It's been a great week for Dallas receiver Roy Williams.

He had his best statistical day as a member of the Cowboys on Sunday, then he got revenge on rookie wideout Dez Bryant for that whole pads-carrying training camp incident.

At the time, Williams said it was no big deal Bryant just had to take the team out to dinner. Bryant ultimately offered to bring the offense to Pappas Bros. Steakhouse on Monday night, according to Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com.

Williams decided to invite the defense as well. With all the extra mouths to feed and some take home bottles of wine, the bill came to $54,896.

"They got the young fella," Bryant's adviser David Wells said. "What could he say? He had to pay it unless he wanted to wash dishes for a month."

Wells clearly hasn't washed dishes before. At minimum wage salary in Texas and 40 hours a week, Bryant would be working until 2014 at the very least to pay that tab off.

Luckily for Bryant, he should be headed for his second NFL contract by then.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
I wonder if there was an automatic gratuity. Lets see, party of more than 8, high end places usually impose at least an 18% gratuity... $9881!

I wouldn't have minded being a waiter that day.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
seahawks4ever said:
I wonder if there was an automatic gratuity. Lets see, party of more than 8, high end places usually impose at least an 18% gratuity... $9881!

Heck yeah, that's one nice tip, even split among staff.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
seahawks4ever said:

Heck yeah, that's one nice tip, even split among staff.
Yeah, I would imagine that they probably had to use at least 5-6 waiters, so even after splitting it 5-6 ways plus the bus boys, that's still a NICE tip!!!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
So, Roy Williams has his best game since 2006 or so, and stick's it to Dez ? I can't wait to see goose eggs in the box score this week for Williams, oh, except in the drop category. ::facepalm::

Then let's see what Roy does (oh, and it was great to see Roy do the "Hook 'Em" after his TD. Didn't Texas lose 34-12 to UCLA the day before ?)

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
55_marlins_sp said:
So, Roy Williams has his best game since 2006 or so, and stick's it to Dez ? I can't wait to see goose eggs in the box score this week for Williams, oh, except in the drop category. ::facepalm::

Then let's see what Roy does (oh, and it was great to see Roy do the "Hook 'Em" after his TD. Didn't Texas lose 34-12 to UCLA the day before ?)

You do realize this is not original right? It happens all the time.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
phillyfan0417 said:
55_marlins_sp said:

100% aware. I know it happens all the time.

But Roy has his best game in FOUR YEARS and thinks he's king **** ? Just not down with that.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
55_marlins_sp said:
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="55_marlins_sp":11vdrgx3]So, Roy Williams has his best game since 2006 or so, and stick's it to Dez ? I can't wait to see goose eggs in the box score this week for Williams, oh, except in the drop category. ::facepalm::

100% aware. I know it happens all the time.

But Roy has his best game in FOUR YEARS and thinks he's king shat ? Just not down with that.[/quote:11vdrgx3]

I think he's getting credit for it due to the pads incident from training camp. RW is going to have a good season, I dont know why I think it but he seems alot different this season and I think Romo trusts him now...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I prefer Chick Fil-A myself. And Jeff could feed all of Wyoming for that much. Although it's probably illegal to make a whole state sick at the same time.

My favorite parts:

Michael Jenkins saying "I wasn't really that hungry, but you know... (laughing)" and the fact that the wine menu was 90 pages long, with a ton of them being over $800 and available for take out. :lol:

Here's the menu without the full wine list. The food prices aren't even totally ridiculous. Crazy stuff.

http://pappaspizza.net/images/dyn/menus/menu_392.pdf

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
deceptikon1978 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
8 dollars for a baked potato?

It better be the size of a football.
I'm sure the $8 counted butter and sour cream....and a ******* from the waitress at that price.

Compared to around here where I live, that's expensive, but it's right on cue with nicer steakhouses near bigger cities.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
$8 for a baked potato is about standard for a nicer steakhouse. All the ala carte items at steakhouses are usually in the $6-10 range.

Members online

Latest posts