Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What determines the order in which you pay for eBay wins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
Title might be confusing, but here is what I'm getting at:

I have always paid for items in chronological order, and promptly at that. But even if it were to take a few days, I would always pay chronologically, it just made sense.

Does anyone here pay at different speeds based on price?

This question is stemming from an incident (ongoing) I am having on eBay with an item (in the $150-200 range) which a new buyer won about 14 days ago. In the meantime I have seen him rack up almost 20 positive feedback comments for much cheaper items, which were won AFTER mine ended. I have not heard a word from him (3 invoices, 2 emails, 1 unpaid item case), and though he has glowing feedback over the past month since he joined (30+ positives), it has me worried.

So my question is, why on earth would you pay for more recently-won items, when you have items you won further in the past still awaiting payment? I can understand if there is an issue with piping-hot flip-worthy cards you just have to have fast, for resale purposes ... but that is surely not the case here. If anything my item is much hotter than the cheaper stuff he is actually paying for.

Sorry if none of this made sense, but I'm looking for input from the savvy eBay vets here!

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
If you've been waiting 10 days, file a NPB strike against him. 10 days is ridiculous unless you've talked with him about it taking that long. I pay for my wins as soon as I win on most occasions.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I would file NPB immediately as well. I understand taking a few days to pay, its happening ALOT lately, but don't pay for other items before you pay for mine.

ojerrywhereartthou

Apr 7, 2011
he should pay for items in the order that he bid, file non payer notice, and close case asap. if he has done it to you, he's done it to others as well. he probably will be a 'no longer registered' soon anyway. excuses are just that

G

I am a seller's nightmare, but I have 100% positive feedback. I bid on whatever I want, and worry about how to pay for it later. There's always going to be more money. Sellers can say "pay within three days" but that's unenforceable. eBay is the only one that can set policy like that, and they're very loose on this. I pay when I'm good and ready, haven't gotten a neg or a NPB, and I can drop a neg bomb on any seller who complains about my payment time.

It's a buyer's game.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Chris Levy said:
I am a seller's nightmare, but I have 100% positive feedback. I bid on whatever I want, and worry about how to pay for it later. There's always going to be more money. Sellers can say "pay within three days" but that's unenforceable. eBay is the only one that can set policy like that, and they're very loose on this. I pay when I'm good and ready, haven't gotten a neg or a NPB, and I can drop a neg bomb on any seller who complains about my payment time.

It's a buyer's game.
What's your handle again?

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Chris Levy said:

It's a buyer's game.

Unfortunately this is true. In all reality it makes no sense why ebay is the only place you can buy and pay whenever. Nothing else works that way in life.

I pay right away. Hopefully the cards come faster too.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
The only thing that happens to me, a few times, kind of related is when I win, say 5 cards. I will do the "Pay All Sellers At Once" option, and it only shows four, but I may not recognize it was only four. I go through the checkout and everything and I don't really pay attention. Usually the next day I will notice that I still have a "Pay Now" option next to the auction that did not show up with the others. Most of my stuff is low end, so I will not really notice small differences for the total...
That doesn't explain the communication issues you are having, though.

Watt

Aug 16, 2008
Cleveland
I only buy things if I have the money to pay right away or if I will have it within a few days. But like the OP, I always pay in chronological order. As for what I do while selling, I send a message to the buyer on the 5th day after the auction ends asking what's going on. NPB filed on the 7th day, closed on the 11th. But from my experiences, if it gets to the point where I send them the message on day 5, they almost never end up paying. The few that have, sent payment right after the case opened.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
hofmichael said:
I pay for an item as soon as I buy it.If I couldn't do that then I have no business buying anything.
Mike

same here. he is building up positives so your negative won't hurt him too bad and get him canned by ebay

Members online

Latest posts