Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
My revised preferable 25 man roster

1. Greinke
2. Miller
3. Corbin
4. de la Rosa
5. Ray

I'm hoping for this lineup
1. ******* (OF)
2. Segura (2B)
3. Goldschmidt (1B)
4. Peralta (OF)
5. Castillo (C)
6. Tomas (OF)
7. Drury (3B)
8. Ahmed (SS)
9. Greinke

Brito 4th outfielder
Gosselin infield utility
Lamb infield utility
Owings infield utility
Gosewisch backup catcher

Bullpen:
Ziegler
Clippard
Bradley
Hudson
Collmenter
Chafin
Godley

They said they wanted to start the season with 12 pitchers so this could be possible. Here's the thing though, Drury has options so they may instead put Weeks in as a 5th outfielder and keep Drury in the minors. I don't like Weeks so I'd rather they don't.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Offense definitely looking good this spring!

I know I shouldn't, but for some reason I just don't like Rubby and I kind of keep rooting for him to be bad so Bradley can have that spot. But I'm sure the rotation won't stay healthy all year and he'll get his shot again sooner rather than later.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Offense definitely looking good this spring!

I know I shouldn't, but for some reason I just don't like Rubby and I kind of keep rooting for him to be bad so Bradley can have that spot. But I'm sure the rotation won't stay healthy all year and he'll get his shot again sooner rather than later.

I feel the same way. Rubby is my least favorite pitcher in our rotation. I'll have issues with Ray as well because very often it takes him 100+ pitches just to complete 5 innings but I think if he can become more conservative with his pitch count/pitch selection he has the potential to become a solid #2 pitcher. Rubby will likely always be a back of the rotation pitcher because of his control/command issues.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Another rainbow (almost) completed with the arrival of the Red Peralta! Down to just the Blue/Purple Refractors, so I'll pick up eventually. If only I was this close with Goldschmidt :/

Inciarte Chrome Rainbow: Green/99, Gold/50, Orange/25, Red/5, Superfractor/1

Peralta Chrome Rainbow: Green/99, Gold/50, Orange/25, Red/5, Superfractor/1

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The numbers may not show it but Robbie Ray actually pitched a very good game today, as he kept his pitch count very low and was quiet efficient
4.2 IP 2 ER 4 H 2 BB 3 SO

I imagine he's already grabbed the #5 spot in the rotation. These are his ST numbers
9.2 IP 9 K 3 BB 1.86 ERA 1.03 WHIP

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
If you calculate the ST numbers of our 5 likely starters (Greinke/Miller/Corbin/de la Rosa/Ray) come Opening Day you get:
4-0 2.76 ERA 1.32 WHIP 32.2 IP 22 SO 7 BB 3.14 K/BB

Those are pretty solid numbers. The strikeout numbers could definitely see some improvement but this is only ST and pitchers aren't using their best stuff and just getting adjusted.

Other candidates:
Bradley 7.2 IP 4 ER 10 H 2 BB 6 SO 4.70 ERA
Godley 5 IP 4 ER 7 H 1 BB 6 SO 7.20 ERA

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Those numbers definitely look good. I still insist i could do without RDLR, but if he contributes like he has this Spring then I'm all for it.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Those numbers definitely look good. I still insist i could do without RDLR, but if he contributes like he has this Spring then I'm all for it.

Well he had that one good game but his numbers this ST aren't all that great: 5.63 ERA 1.63 WHIP .324 avg 8 IP 7 SO (Granted it's only a few games)

Personally I'd put him out there as trade bait for a high quality bullpen arm.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Based on O'Brien's production lately I'd like to see him as our backup catcher. He may not be a great defensive catcher but he's better at that position than outfielder. Gosewisch hasn't exactly been tearing it up himself. I'd like him to exhibit his power numbers this season so it catches the eyes of some AL team who might give us something decent in return. We could always use another solid relief pitcher.

Latest posts