Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Major problem, need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I bought a $4000 card offline on eBay, so I could pay with a cashier's check and he could save a few hundred on fees.

I sent the cashier's check Express on Friday
Thursday. Checked tracking on Friday and it said it was delivered to Hollywood, FL.

That's when the problems started. I got an email Saturday afternoon: "Not in fridays mail run, will let you know tonight after the card shop." I told him it was delivered Friday and gave him the tracking (EI370764975US). His response: "Will,
There is no way that the letter arrived at the post office at 11:12 then delivered to my home at 11:39.
I will talk to the post office about this on Monday.
Looks like it was not scanned properly."

How the hell do I proceed from here?

1) I'm furious about paying $20 for overnight delivery and its not XXXXing there. OF COURSE it shows it was delivered and scanned, so I'm probably XXXX out of luck with that. I'll continually call them all day every day harassing them until those incompetent dicks give me back my money.

2) Can I go to my bank, cancel the cashier's check and get another one? I'm sure it'll cost at least $30, if they'll even do it for a check that size. I don't know if I'll have to wait 30 days or whatever.

I have no doubt the seller is telling the truth. If not, my bank will go after his ass

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
SOmetimes, lazy postal workers will scan stuff as "Delivered" before leaving the PO. That said, it should have been there Saturday.

I've have this happen very often recently...

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Sorry dude, that sucks.Any chance it was delivered to wrong address and tracking has it listed as somewhere else?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This is an instance where paypal is your best friend as a buyer.

I agree with others. Sometimes it says delivered and it comes in a day or two.

Def contact your PO and inquire about it. They are usually good at tracking the package down.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I bought a $4000 card offline on eBay, so I could pay with a cashier's check and he could save a few hundred on fees.

I sent the cashier's check Express on Friday
Thursday. Checked tracking on Friday and it said it was delivered to Hollywood, FL.

That's when the problems started. I got an email Saturday afternoon: "Not in fridays mail run, will let you know tonight after the card shop." I told him it was delivered Friday and gave him the tracking (EI370764975US). His response: "Will,
There is no way that the letter arrived at the post office at 11:12 then delivered to my home at 11:39.
I will talk to the post office about this on Monday.
Looks like it was not scanned properly."

How the hell do I proceed from here?

1) I'm furious about paying $20 for overnight delivery and its not XXXXing there. OF COURSE it shows it was delivered and scanned, so I'm probably XXXX out of luck with that. I'll continually call them all day every day harassing them until those incompetent dicks give me back my money.

2) Can I go to my bank, cancel the cashier's check and get another one? I'm sure it'll cost at least $30, if they'll even do it for a check that size. I don't know if I'll have to wait 30 days or whatever.

I have no doubt the seller is telling the truth. If not, my bank will go after his ass

Express delivery to P.O. box or physical address? If P.O.box, could see it just sitting there waiting to be sorted Monday. Which does still defeat the purpose of express...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Jesus Christ.

The post office claims I wrote St instead of Ct, so it wasn't delivered. Only found this out after calling them a week later. When the guy got it, he said the street part was ripped and penciled in in a different colored pen. That wasn't me. Whatever.

Oh yeah, THREE days after the goddamned E-Check was cancelled I get 8 emails from PayPal saying they attempted to remove the money numerous times. AFTER the XXXXing thing was cancelled. Luckily my bank rejected it. If they'd overdrafted my account by $4k I would have murdered their CEO

When he finally deposited it (4 days after it was delivered, even though I told him it was urgent), Bank Of America said it'd take 10 days to clear. That caused me to call BoA's corporate office, call them f-cktards, and tell them to learn how cashiers checks work. They hung up, shocking.

Oh, and then the seller said he'd send it 2nd day. WHEN I GAVE HIM AN EXTRA $100 TO SHIP IT OVOVERNIGHT

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I told him he has until Tuesday to get me the card. If its not in my mailbox Tuesday afternoon he's going to regret it

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Yikes, what a mess.What card did you buy?

Trout blue ref true gem (4x 9.5). First one I've seen with all 9.5 subs.

He asked me to cancel the eBay transaction so he can save a few hundred on fees. If I don't get it by Tuesday, I'll refuse. If he wants to dick around and pocket the extra $100, it'll cost him twice that

Members online

Latest posts