Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Bears get a TE and some Offensive Line help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
MARTELLUS BENNETT, TE: The first few hours of NFL free agency on Tuesday brought with it a couple of big moves for the Chicago Bears, and both were on the offensive side of the football. Tight end Martellus Bennett, one of the highest-profile at his position this offseason, was signed immediately. The 6'6, 265 pound tight end is a tremendous blocker, something that the Bears offensive line is not known to do well, and will be a significant red zone target for quarterback Jay Cutler. In 2012 with the New York Giants, Bennett amassed 55 receptions for 626 yards and 5 touchdowns. He will provide an much-needed upgrade to a group of tight ends that was arguably one of the worst in the NFL last season.
More on the Bennett signing HERE.​
JERMON BUSHROD, LT: Shortly after Bennett was signed, Phil Emery struck again, and this time, in what was potentially the largest position of need on the entire roster. Two-time Pro Bowler Jermon Bushrod, formally working under Aaron Kromar in New Orleans, signed a five year contract. Kromar is, of course, the Chicago Bears' new offensive coordinator, and his primary responsibility will be to shore up the offensive line. Consider this a significant step in the right direction.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/20...-bears-recap-jermon-bushrod-martellus-bennett

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
They need a lot more offensive line help, but at least this is a start and it looks like Emery knows it!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
They need a lot more offensive line help, but at least this is a start and it looks like Emery knows it!

I disagree. They have a stud receiver, and a youngster blooming in Alson, a Good RB in Forte and an excellent backup in Bush, a mid-level at worst QB in cutler. Once Cutler is actually protected, watch his numbers skyrocket, like they did in Denver. The Defense will be good enough, still top 10-12 in the league. They lacked any sort of threat from the TE position and got killed on the O-line again. If they can get at least one more true professional O-Linemen in free agency, and then draft two more young linemen in the draft along with adding future defensive replacements, I think the Bears are in great shape.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Disagree? We said the same thing about the o-line lol. That's all I was referencing in my post. Agreed that they have a good core of offense (RB/WR/QB).

I disagree. They have a stud receiver, and a youngster blooming in Alson, a Good RB in Forte and an excellent backup in Bush, a mid-level at worst QB in cutler. Once Cutler is actually protected, watch his numbers skyrocket, like they did in Denver. The Defense will be good enough, still top 10-12 in the league. They lacked any sort of threat from the TE position and got killed on the O-line again. If they can get at least one more true professional O-Linemen in free agency, and then draft two more young linemen in the draft along with adding future defensive replacements, I think the Bears are in great shape.

Members online

Latest posts