Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

More fake patches everyone should take a look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks Jc, Without doing my usual checking I recently bought a Altered patch from this guy and just sent it back for a refund. The worst part of it is I knew the name sounded familiar when I won the card but I just couldn't remember what for. At any rate a lot of his stuff is fake or Altered.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I am just amazed how many collectors still spend lots of money for patch cards.
There are too many fakes out there. And some of the phony cards are being sold by honest dealers, because the cards get bought and sold so often by different people over the years.

Why take the risk, just for adding pretty cards to your collection?
There are so many hardcore collectors on this board, who must spent a small fortune on fake patch cards and have no idea.

Ignorance may be bliss for some people, but I'd rather have peace of mind and not question whether an expensive collectable that I bought is authentic.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Common denominator? It's that you can get them graded. Instant credibility for a real card but fake patch. Such a loop hole.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I think one of the worst part of these fake patches is that when someone pulls a legitimately amazing logo patch it'll more than likely be looked at by most as being a fake

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
I think one of the worst part of these fake patches is that when someone pulls a legitimately amazing logo patch it'll more than likely be looked at by most as being a fake

Yep +1000. Is this patch fake?

It isn't unless Topps faked it - I pulled it from a retail pack myself. When I attempted to sell it I was told it was 'clearly a fake' by several people. Frustrating as what should have been a $100+ card is now just a glorified semi-PC 'cool card.' I long ago stopped seeing patches as anything but a novelty and won't pay any premium for them as I know I won't get it back upon trying to sell.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Its really sad and a black eye on this hobby.
I would have thought the same thing with your patch.

Yep +1000. Is this patch fake?

It isn't unless Topps faked it - I pulled it from a retail pack myself. When I attempted to sell it I was told it was 'clearly a fake' by several people. Frustrating as what should have been a $100+ card is now just a glorified semi-PC 'cool card.' I long ago stopped seeing patches as anything but a novelty and won't pay any premium for them as I know I won't get it back upon trying to sell.

Members online

Latest posts