Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What went wrong? Cal Ripken Cards on my sig - $79

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
I thought for sure I'll get at least $120. Was I expecting too much? Both sold for $79 plus $3.50 S/H. What if anything went wrong on this? Both cards were listed for 7 days auction and ended this morning.

Another question. How do I issue a partial refund for S/H. According to my PP account, he paid $6.00 for S/H although it didn't clear yet, I'd like to know how to do it.

Brand new seller on eBay. So far I've sold 13 items and I'm way in the RED for what I got them for. Advice(s)?

Thanks

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Low feedback could be why they didn't sell for more.Every year the market gets more and more flooded with Ripkin patches, so there is more supply than demand.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Both are colored patches and from 2005. One serial numbered to 10 and the other to 30. That don't matter you think?

May have gotten more with best offer.I don't follow Ripken's market, so I don't know what they sell for.With Topps screwing up so many patches this year maybe collectors don't trust manufacturers like they used to.Just a guess.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It looks like $30-40 is the current market price for cards like that. You did fine.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Ripken patches have definitely softened in past 3 years. Autos too. As SINFULONE notes, there's a large supply of them now and he's in most every new Topps product.

This. No shortage whatsoever. I remember when you couldn't touch an auto for less than $150. Now they're everywhere. Massive supply, new seller, morning end time during football season are all factors

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Both are colored patches and from 2005. One serial numbered to 10 and the other to 30. That don't matter you think?

Feedback is one reason for sure. Only 10 selling, but over 3k buying....

Also yeah one's /10 from 2005 but it's also not the hot new product. And Tejada hurts the value on the dual for sure. I think $80 is pretty decent

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
My advice,

Never end auction during the days. Let alone a sunday when people aren't sitting on there computers.

I would also suggest building some feedback on $5-$20 cards. I personally will not but a $50+ card from a new seller.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
What did these sell for 6-7 years ago?Twice as much?

The Dual Materials /10 had BV of $80 back then and I think there was 20 bids and I ended up winning for $80.
The Veteran material had a BV of $60. I won it for $35.

More reason I thought the Dual /10 would fetch more is I have two more of them which means there should only be 7 more out there. All the hardcore Ripken collectors already have one?

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
My advice,

Never end auction during the days. Let alone a sunday when people aren't sitting on there computers.

I would also suggest building some feedback on $5-$20 cards. I personally will not but a $50+ card from a new seller.

YUP! Brewer-Andy mentioned the Sunday and Football game. i can't believe I didn't think about that, Just excited to list something I guess.

Your suggestions are noted and will be used in the future. Thank you very much.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
YUP! Brewer-Andy mentioned the Sunday and Football game. i can't believe I didn't think about that, Just excited to list something I guess.

Your suggestions are noted and will be used in the future. Thank you very much.

Still not sure if all those "reasons" are really "reasons"...I, too, thought that what you got is the going rate compared to ended auctions. Some more, some less, some better cards, some worse...in all it looks to me "about" the going rate.

boone1963

Jan 14, 2014
Indiana
Also the fact that the market is becoming saturated with Ripken Jr Cards. High End Autos are down tremendously as of late it seems!

Members online

Latest posts