Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1990 Classic error? The backs of the cards do not match the player on the front.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Hi again, folks. Thanks for your help yesterday when I asked about the 1988 Topps Football cards I found in a thrift store in a binder that were missing blue ink. Now I'm wondering about 1990 Classic baseball: the set with the yellow border and blue backs. I saw a lot of these in the binder I bought and didn't think much of them, but then I noticed that they have the wrong backs--all of them. For example, the quad card with Chipper Jones and Don Mattingly has some random player on the back. None of the backs match the player on the front. Is this a common error?

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
If you have a Frank Thomas with a wrong back, I'd like to make a deal for it. I have a pretty solid collection of Frank errors.

Sorry, no Frank Thomas. The biggest names seem to be on the back. For example, the players on the back include:
Randy Johnson (Willie Blair on the front)
Rickey Henderson (David Hollins on the front)
Gary Carter (Adam Hydzu on the front)
Edgar Martinez (Tim Layana on the front)
Don Mattingly (Lance Dickson on the front)

Only a few notable names on the front:
Fred Lynn (Kevin McReynolds on the back)
Cecil Fielder (Felix Jose on the back)
Delino Desheilds RC (John Kruk on the back)
a quad card with Chipper Jones and Don Mattingly--don't remember who is on the back at the moment (I put that one away), but it wasn't any of the guys pictured on the front)

All of the cards have soft corners. Plus they have missing spots in all the 9 pocket pages--so maybe whoever went through the binder before I got it was able to get all the bigger names?

Thanks for any info, guys.

Anthony

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Here is a picture of the Chipper Jones quad card for reference. The backs don't match the fronts. The condition is comparable to most of the ones I have--soft corners.
IMAG1692_zpsc420045d.jpgIMAG1693_zps23fbded4.jpg

Latest posts