Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would You Pay $400 For a Pack of a Future Bowman Baseball Product?

Would You Buy Such a Product?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I guess if the pack at $400 gave me the same number of autos that 8 boxes of Bowman Draft or Chrome gave me, then maybe I would be interested.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Just to play DA here:

People are already paying large sums of money for colored Chrome Autos of Prospects that are multiple years away.

I just think if the way the parallels enter the market changes , it would have a downward effect of singles. I get that a /10 is a /10. But if the way they are distributed changes, meaning you got one in every 4 packs vs 100s of packs the market shifts. And I understand that the cost to purchase the 4 packs vs dozens of boxes would be the same, but I think it's the odds that keep the value up.

Ryan

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I just think if the way the parallels enter the market changes , it would have a downward effect of singles. I get that a /10 is a /10. But if the way they are distributed changes, meaning you got one in every 4 packs vs 100s of packs the market shifts. And I understand that the cost to purchase the 4 packs vs dozens of boxes would be the same, but I think it's the odds that keep the value up.

Ryan

Understand your point and thats fair.

I'm simply forecasting from what I've seen in other sports. The problem I have with people saying it wont work in baseball is that it's never been done well in baseball. 5 Star was a disaster in baseball and tanked in football as well. The quality just doesn't shine through with those cards.

If a card company dropped a couple products and put all hands on deck for a monumental release like this it could work. If they simply rehash old designs and photos it will bomb.

There are high end baseball collectors, sadly I (and many others) have no faith in Topps delivering something that would knock the socks off buyers. Remember how good 2006 Topps Sterling was? Yeah and then 2007 happened.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Currently... 3 Yes... 50 No

Just the kind of numbers Topps loves to see. Look for this in 2014!!

2014 Topps Bowman Chrome Sterling 5 Star

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Absolutely NOT. Look at the high end Products that Topps currently produces. Topps Tribute and Tier One were both suspect, Bowman Sterling is a Toss up, and really needs a re-vamping. I wouldn't trust the product for one second. If it was made to order, there would be a super lower print run because people are getting really tired of pre-ordering product and within a week of release, products have dropped 20% below direct cost. Happened to Tribute and Tier One.

Personally, I would love it if they could make it work. But people have already outlined the reasons it wouldn't work, and I agree with all of them. The word that hasn't been used enough is trust. Do you Trust Topps to get you value back on your $400 pack?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts