Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I actually think he's on track to being an All-Star candidate. By the time it comes around his ERA could be a tick under 3.5 and his other numbers should look attractive enough. He's right around a 5 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio and close to 8 k's per 9.

If he's 11-3 , 10-4 I'd say he should be a strong AS consideration. If he pulls off a 20 win season, we couldn't have asked for much more.

Ryan

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
If he's 11-3 , 10-4 I'd say he should be a strong AS consideration. If he pulls off a 20 win season, we couldn't have asked for much more.

Ryan

He's just about on pace for a 5 fWAR season which is roughly worth $32-$35 million (and that's after a terrible slump to start the season. If he avoids any further slumps like that he should finish with a higher WAR). That's pretty much on par with what we are paying him per season so as of right now we're getting what we paid for. I'm glad we picked him. The final couple years on his contract might not be so great (unless he pulls a Randy Johnson/Curt Schilling and actually improves in his late 30's) but that's the sacrifice you have to make in order to sign a big name ace.

It's the rest of the rotation that we have to worry about.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Really pleased with Greinke's performance lately. Definitely getting our money's worth now.

I've been kind of in and out for the season, just been really busy and not really much activity in the hobby at this point. Anyone have any cool pickups I can vicariously live through?

Members online

Latest posts