Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Francisco Rodriguez Traded to the Orioles For Nicky Delmonico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Big move by #Orioles: Acquire K-Rod from #Brewers for IF Nick Delmonico.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Good pickup for the Orioles, K-Rod is proving this year that he can still be one of the best in the business at closing out games.

What does this do for Delmonico card values, both immediately and long term?

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Nicky Delmonico always seemed to me to be a later version of Nolan Reimold.

I did love his plate discipline (all the walks) and his decent power.

Seems a lot to give up for a 7th/8th inning guy. Especially one so damn hard to root for.

hofvintagecollector

Apr 8, 2012
K-Rods leftonbase% is incredibly unsustainable especially for someone with his makeup. This may not look like such a big move in a month or two

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Well done Brewers. It might even out, but I'm not happy about it right now. Obviously if K-Rod pitches in the AL like he did this year in the NL, I won't care one bit...but I don't see it continuing.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Horrrrrrrrible deal for the O's IMO.

Really hope I'm wrong, but I think this deal is a brutal mistake...

Couldn't agree with you more but DD is a great GM...so I have faith in him. Keeping my fingers crossed.

brewerfan99

Sep 7, 2010
Wisconsin
I really like the fact the Brewers GM held out for the guy he wanted rather than just making a trade because the team stinks. According to Melvin ... Delmonico wasn't available 10 days ago but with more teams asking for K-Rod they ended up getting there man. Apparently the Brewers really liked this kid in the 2011 draft. And really it's just nice to see some other news come out from my team. Been a rough couple of days!!!

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Love this deal. Not bad for a guy who was just signed to a minor league deal a couple months ago. That K-Rod signing couldn't have worked out better for the Brewers. O's fans does he project to stay at 3B? At a glance he doesn't look like a very good defender.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I really like the fact the Brewers GM held out for the guy he wanted rather than just making a trade because the team stinks. According to Melvin ... Delmonico wasn't available 10 days ago but with more teams asking for K-Rod they ended up getting there man. Apparently the Brewers really liked this kid in the 2011 draft. And really it's just nice to see some other news come out from my team. Been a rough couple of days!!!

Love this deal. Not bad for a guy who was just signed to a minor league deal a couple months ago. That K-Rod signing couldn't have worked out better for the Brewers. O's fans does he project to stay at 3B? At a glance he doesn't look like a very good defender.

Agree with you both. Great trade for the Brewers. Hope Delmonico works out for you somehow.

He has a better shot at being a starting 1B, which is good. Something you have lacked since Prince left.

brewerfan99

Sep 7, 2010
Wisconsin
Agree with you both. Great trade for the Brewers. Hope Delmonico works out for you somehow.

He has a better shot at being a starting 1B, which is good. Something you have lacked since Prince left.

we already have last years double AA MVP slotted in at first. Hunter Morris. Putting up good power numbers at AAA this year so Delmonico will have to play 3rd

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin

I bet we get krod back next year

Sent from my XT901 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts