Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

13-14 MSHSL Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Here are some predictions, what are yours?

Minnesota Hockey Central - High School

I think the 3A prediction is pretty good. Luverne and New Ulm are going to dominate, although I think Marshall could be an upset team again this year.

Also, if I'm correct, this will be Marshall's last year in their current arena before moving to the new sports complex closer to campus.

I also saw some speculation in there about New Ulm possibly moving to class AA. That would shake things up.

Last edited:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Might go see Willmar vs. Virgina/Mountain Iron-Buhl tomorrow afternoon.

Virgina is ranked #20 in class A (I think), and top of the Iron Range conference (although GR and Eveleth have less games played).

Willmar plays Eveleth tonight. If it weren't for a baseball function, I'd be there.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I've decided to go to one game at every arena in MN, since I'll be moving around quite a bit for school over the next few years.

Anyway, I started the project this year. I've made it to two arenas as of right now, and have two more scheduled for this week. I may make the trip to Luverne come sections this year. I didn't make it to as many as I wished I could have, but that's okay.

Speaking of Luverne, here's an LPH article about them. To my knowledge, they are the first Southwest team to achieve a state rank, and could be the second consecutive team to come out of the conference to head to state after Marshall did last year. They are currently sitting at 21-0-1, the only team in the state without a loss.

http://letsplayhockey.com/online-edition/news/2077-the-year-of-the-cardinal.html

They've got a tough matchup against Hutchinson tomorrow night, and another tough one against Providence Academy to round the season out.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Just got back from Willmar @ Windom. This makes stop #3 on my statewide tour.

The arena was interesting... Not a lot to say, except it's the oldest (to my knowledge) in the conference, and it's absolutely massive. It's also used for horse shows at the county fair.

There was actually snow on the inside of the building.

I'm all for older arenas, but the city desperately needs new facilities there.

Members online

Latest posts