Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Upper Deck series 1 sold at Sams club in 97

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
anyone here purchase boxes of series 1 retail from Sams club back in the day? I'm trying to dig up the 1 per box power package jumbo inserts and the only info I could find on them was that this is how they were distributed. I have seen a couple people on here post pics of their guy in the past and a listing here or there of random guys but these things just don't come up for sale hardly at all. I have to assume that anyone that bought boxes from there could still have these in their closet and not know that player collectors are looking for them.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I did, but they were long gone. I remember back in 1993-1996 I would go with my mom and beg and plead to get boxes. I would always make sure to make that shopping trip :D

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Yeah I have never seen a 97 Manny power package jumbo. Of course it's also not at the very top of my want list either but still....

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Never bought any at Sam's Club but the Wal-Mart boxes (early blaster style boxes with less packs than normal retail boxes) had them. I have a few around here somewhere. I know I have a couple Joe Carters and probably another 1 or 2 laying around here.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
Not the Upper Deck, but remember early in the 90s the guys in there with the metal detectors running them over the boxes of Donruss to find the inserts that were like one per case. Never knew what they were doing until it was too late. these are the same retainer, overweight, pedaphiles, that ****** the packs today looking for the hits...

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
mstng99tim said:
1st4040 said:
Nobody bought wax from there back in the day?
I don't think I ever bought any UD there, but I remember buying Score baseball and a ton of football boxes. I wish they still sold them. :(

As soon as I saw this thread title, those are the two thoughts that popped in my head. I don't just remember buying score baseball, I remember cleaning them out of 1996 series 1 until I was able to land one of those Ripken inserts. Oh how I wish I had that money back. Oh well, it was a part of my childhood and an absolute blast! I do wish they would start selling again.

Members online

Latest posts