Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BOWMAN DRAFT PICKS FINAL CHECKLIST (EDIT - AFLAC Added)

Does This Checklist Make You Want to Increase Your Wax Order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Re: 2011 BOWMAN DRAFT PICKS FINAL CHECKLIST

Noticed they got rid of Jamile Weeks who was on the initial checklist. Wished more of the Padres first rounders were in this but oh well.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

I'm excited about the Thornburg stuff. I'll have no problem picking up his retail autos, as it'll be cool to have an auto of him in Brewers uni.

And i think i might chase the FUTs stuff of him as well.

I guess this doesn't sway me either way, as the auto list was pretty strong and dictated my ordering.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010

I don't understand why guys like Hosmer and Lawrie aren't in the base checklist. That is a decent chunk of value missing IMO. It doesn't make or break anything, but those 2 guys shouldn't be missing.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

Topps is killing the value of the BP1 Harpers with this new Green Auto!!!!

And where are the Fuschia Refractors???

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago

Sucks there is no Rendon, but the absence of two pitching prospects isn't going to keep me from buying multiple cases.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

vwnut13 said:
Topps is killing the value of the BP1 Harpers with this new Green Auto!!!!

I thought for sure Jeff N. would be the one to say this, but (surprise), he wasn't.

(joke)

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

hail2thevictors said:
I don't understand why guys like Hosmer and Lawrie aren't in the base checklist. That is a decent chunk of value missing IMO. It doesn't make or break anything, but those 2 guys shouldn't be missing.

I find this interesting. Hosmer has cards in 11 different sets already (including BC), but does anyone really want non-draft guys in draft?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

uniquebaseballcards said:
I find this interesting. Hosmer has cards in 11 different sets already (including BC), but does anyone really want non-draft guys in draft?

I've never been a fan of the green rookie cards in this product, but I'd gladly take Hosmer instead of some scrub who took his place in the checklist. It would have added more value to it, albeit small.

braden

Aug 7, 2008

How often is a guy's first card a green Draft? Because that's the case with Henderson Alvarez. I never pay attention to this stuff so don't know if that's rare or a commom occurence.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009

braden said:
How often is a guy's first card a green Draft? Because that's the case with Henderson Alvarez. I never pay attention to this stuff so don't know if that's rare or a commom occurence.

Not sure how often it is, but a good example of this is Alex Avila in 09 Bowman Draft. These cards made the hotlist last season because he was doing well and this was his first card.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

braden said:

It's pretty darn rare. Last year, Danny Valencia's green rookies did very well, as he performed and his 2010 BDPP "rookie" was his first mainstream card to date.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008

braden said:

I think it's a pretty rare occurrence. The only player I can think off of the top of my head is Mark Reynolds.

Edit: Was just informed that he had a 2006 TriStar Auto card - I guess the BDP would have been his first "mainstream" card, then.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

Jaypers said:

I've never been a fan of the green rookie cards in this product, but I'd gladly take Hosmer instead of some scrub who took his place in the checklist. It would have added more value to it, albeit small.

But if I'm correct only 90 of the base cards are draft picks while 130 are rookies or USA 16U. I'm guessing most or all of the relics are not draft-related, I'm wondering if draft lost its identity.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008

No chrome autos or prospects for the Tigers. That's the price you pay for jumping in the free agent market year after year after year.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

braden said:

I think Pelfrey was one in 06

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010

But if I'm correct only 90 of the base cards are draft picks while 130 are rookies or USA 16U. I'm guessing most or all of the relics are not draft-related, I'm wondering if draft lost its identity.

I didnt collect modern cards in 05/06, but did these jersey relic cards sell well?

08 draft they were retail only and only a few players. I dont recall for 09 and 10, but geez the patch/relic checklist is huge...

Members online

Latest posts