Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BOWMAN DRAFT PICKS FINAL CHECKLIST (EDIT - AFLAC Added)

Does This Checklist Make You Want to Increase Your Wax Order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Re: 2011 BOWMAN DRAFT PICKS FINAL CHECKLIST

ArtVandelay said:
08 draft they were retail only and only a few players. I dont recall for 09 and 10, but geez the patch/relic checklist is huge...

2010 Retail had Team USA 16U Relics.

The Relic checklist is huge because they are Futures Game Relics. They did not make Pro Debut II this year so they are puttin ghte relics in DPP

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011

archiebunkerjr said:
No chrome autos or prospects for the Tigers. That's the price you pay for jumping in the free agent market year after year after year.

That and you traded some players to Seattle.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

Bob Loblaw said:
Jaypers said:
vwnut13 said:
Topps is killing the value of the BP1 Harpers with this new Green Auto!!!!

I thought for sure Jeff N. would be the one to say this, but (surprise), he wasn't.

(joke)

It's a different set.

Hopefully Bowman DPP doesnt have a wrapper redemption for Black parallels of 2011 Bowman cards.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008

markakis8 said:
braden said:
How often is a guy's first card a green Draft? Because that's the case with Henderson Alvarez. I never pay attention to this stuff so don't know if that's rare or a commom occurence.

I think Pelfrey was one in 06

Also Mike Napoli in 06.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

vwnut13 said:
Bob Loblaw said:
Jaypers said:
vwnut13 said:
Topps is killing the value of the BP1 Harpers with this new Green Auto!!!!

I thought for sure Jeff N. would be the one to say this, but (surprise), he wasn't.

(joke)

It's a different set.

Hopefully Bowman DPP doesnt have a wrapper redemption for Black parallels of 2011 Bowman cards.

Yup. Stupid idea. JBTDIDMIR. The good thing is, base Bowman is essentially worthless.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008

Surprised Jesus Montero didnt get in the Green "RC" set, but Brandon Laird did?

Also, i'm betting people will be fighting to get the Rays in team breaks.

SIX chrome autos!!!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

Mudcatsfan said:
Surprised Jesus Montero didnt get in the Green "RC" set, but Brandon Laird did?

Also, i'm betting people will be fighting to get the Rays in team breaks.

SIX chrome autos!!!

funny you say that, pulling the rays and putting them in the hopper.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011

Ill do a few bxs instead of my normal case because this yr has really proven to me that all people want are autos and high end refs.

Ill pick up the base card guys I like for dirt cheap at shows since all dealers dump them.

my money is going to eee and bow ster (maybe a lot of this if cl is good) because they are loaded w autos.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

@toppscards Bowman Draft will include Aflac auto cards of Bundy, Harrison, Bradley, Swihart, Greene, Lindor and Stephenson.

(Pretty sure Bradley is Archie.)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Topps just tweeted that Harper's Bowman Green autos (#d/350) can be found in both hobby and retail.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I thought there would be more than just those 7 names, but the checklist on Topps' site says otherwise. No word on print runs.

AFLAC Autographs
AFLAC?RS Robert Stephenson Cincinnati Reds®
AFLAC?DB Dylan Bundy Baltimore Orioles®
AFLAC?TH Travis Harrison Minnesota Twins®
AFLAC?AB Archie Bradley Arizona Diamondbacks®
AFLAC?BS Blake Swihart Boston Red Sox®
AFLAC?LG Larry Greene Philadelphia Phillies®
AFLAC?FL Francisco Lindor Cleveland Indians®

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
I thought there would be more than just those 7 names, but the checklist on Topps' site says otherwise. No word on print runs.

AFLAC Autographs

This could be a good thing/bad thing, less cases being made or aflacs will be 1 and every 5 cases

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
All In Cards said:
Jaypers said:

AFLAC Autographs

This could be a good thing/bad thing, less cases being made or aflacs will be 1 and every 5 cases

With 34 autos instead of 32 which I believe is the highest ever for BDP, I wouldn't count on it.

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
Last year there were 25 AFLAC autos with a total print run of 3,703, so it doesn't appear that you got 1 per case, probably 2 out of every 3 cases. Does anyone remember the pack odds for these?

Why would they only do 7 this year? I am hoping that was an incomplete list, but since this product comes out next week, I think that is wishful thinking.

As for Rookies not included, I am not surprised about Jesus Montero or Matt Moore. Topps wants to save them for 2012 since they didn't have any "Rookie" cards in any 2011 products, just prospect cards. As for Hosmer, I am confussed on him. He had rookie cards in all the late year products, so he should have a Draft rookie. Maybe they didn't want to make too much of him to keep his value up. That of course would be giving Topps too much credit! I would have liked another big name in the base set to have a chance at pulling a nice parallel of, just increases your odds slightly of having a good case.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
jdhaugh11 said:
As for Rookies not included, I am not surprised about Jesus Montero or Matt Moore. Topps wants to save them for 2012 since they didn't have any "Rookie" cards in any 2011 products, just prospect cards. As for Hosmer, I am confussed on him. He had rookie cards in all the late year products, so he should have a Draft rookie. Maybe they didn't want to make too much of him to keep his value up. That of course would be giving Topps too much credit! I would have liked another big name in the base set to have a chance at pulling a nice parallel of, just increases your odds slightly of having a good case.

You are spot on with the Montero and Moore thing. This is Topps playing the game. Technically both guys were RC eligible in 2011, but instead Topps will milk them like there is no tomorrow in 2012. To me, that doesn't seem fair. Their MLBPA RC should be in the year they came up. This is just Topps playing games.

Also agree with Hosmer. While he'd end up with back2back Bowman Chrome green RC inside of 2 months, it would have been a nice added value for case breakers. But they've done it before, so why not do it again?

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
I personally hope to pull a Carson Sands USA Auto! He is a local product and I have been umpiring his games since he was 12. He is pretty tall for a sophomore, about 6'3" right now. Brings it regularly 89-92, but that will probably increase a bit with age as he fills out his lanky frame. His dad, while I haven't dealt with him much at all, has a local reputation of being an a-hole. Carson is a solid, LH pitcher with a bright future. Needs to mature a bit regarding controlling his emotions, but a lot of that comes from who his father is. Getting a lot better about it, though, I must say.

Members online

Latest posts