Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 National Mantle RC Pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Here are the photos of the cards I picked up at the national. The mantle has great color and no creases.

51BMantle.jpg
56Clemente.jpg
33Thorpe.jpg
72Clemente8.jpg

I also picked up one for my Pirates newer RC PC, it is the superfractor.

GerritCole.jpg

Picked up the Maclin and Sanchez for my TC Auto Set (Sanchez off ebay but during National week :D)
MarkSanchez.jpg
JeremyMaclin.jpg

2 firsts for me.

First time I ever had a Mantle RC and first time I have ever had a 55 and 56 Clemente at the same time.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ummmm hey now nicely played sir

morgoth said:
Here are the photos of the cards I picked up at the national. The mantle has great color and no creases.

51BMantle.jpg
56Clemente.jpg
33Thorpe.jpg
72Clemente8.jpg

I also picked up one for my Pirates newer RC PC, it is the superfractor.

GerritCole.jpg

Picked up the Maclin and Sanchez for my TC Auto Set (Sanchez off ebay but during National week :D)
MarkSanchez.jpg
JeremyMaclin.jpg

2 firsts for me.

First time I ever had a Mantle RC and first time I have ever had a 55 and 56 Clemente at the same time.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Nice pickups; my favorite is the Cole. :eek: Anything I can get you for it? I'll send you a pm.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Thanks! I had fun and got to meet the FCB crew. I will be back in November.

bear0555, I got your PM let me think about it some, I just got it so I don't know if I want to move it just yet.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
wow, another sick mantle!!!

and that sanchez is nice! i missed that!

looking at yours and eric's, and joe telling me there were some serious vintage sales at the nationals, how were the prices? comparable to ebay or higher?

dave

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I paid under VCP for all cards except the 72 Clemente. Obviously centering plays a role on ebay pricing but I feel the price I got the Mantle at was about as low as you could reasonably expect to pay.

The 56 Clemente was under VCP and SMR pricing as well.

Dealers were looking to sell IMO on Saturday. Crowds weren't as big as people expected and fair offers were being accepted left and right by the dealers I talked too.

There are some dealers that are more museums than dealers (cough 707, cough) but I know who to stay away from now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts