Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Leaf Originals Wrestling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
These guys in?

Hillbilly Jim
Brutus the Barber
Rowdy Roddy
Junkyard Dog
Bam Bam Bigelow
Million Dollar Man and Virgil dual?
Ultimate Warrior

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Andrew; any thought as to how to deal with the group break and the marked Hot Box? Maybe place them in a pillow then draw?

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, marking hot boxes just screams disaster to me. That isn't going to turn out well.

Its good for a one group of people. Box sellers, as they can sell the marked hot box for more money. Same thing happened with Metal Football. hot boxes were marked.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Andrew; any thought as to how to deal with the group break and the marked Hot Box? Maybe place them in a pillow then draw?

a few ways

1 - mark up the slot pricing a little and random off the hot box at the end of the break
2 - pillow case them all

boxing out
open the box from the bottom and randomly pull one and pack it out.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Stupid move on the hot boxes. It makes no sense at all to mark them. If I'm buying a couple of boxes, I may be more apt to buy more if I didn't hit the hot box, but knowing the hot box is out of the equation, I don't really want to buy any. There was a dealer at the shows I attend that was selling the purple hot boxes for 3 times the amount of the regulars. Talk about a screw job! What's next, marking the auto packs in a box? Same concept really!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
It reminds me of when the black refs or better used to only be in box toppers of Sterling. Where is the fun in ripping boxes if you know the good stuff isn't in there?

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Here's an idea for the whole hot box issue when it comes to doing a group break. Simply number each box and lay them out on a table. Provide a sheet to everyone in the break ahead of time so they can know what number every box is. If it is a 4 case break, just number the hot boxes 1-4 and all the other boxes 5-48. You can then use a randomizer with everyone's name to see who gets what box. There may be a better way, but this seems like it is simply enough to work around. Plus AIC is trusted enough member that I wouldn't be worried about any shenanigans.

Also, is there a completed checklist for this yet? I might be interested in a box or two.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Product looks solid, although im sure there are going to be alot of lower tier guys there. Cant have a product full of only superstar autos and sell it for $80 a box and make money.

It's a shame HBK wont be in it, but he has a Heritage, Ginter and one other auto available if I remember correctly.

Still, product looks solid and i'm sure ill end up picking up some singles for the pc

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Best way to do a group break. You leave the room. Have your wife open the case from the top. Turn the case upside down and let all 12 boxes slide out. While the boxes are still upside down have her spread the boxes out on the table. 3 rows of 4. Have her number them 1-12 with a sharpie. 1-4 5-8 9-12. You walk back into the room and package up the boxes according to what number someone reserved ahead of time.

Example: Ty Hope gets boxes 3 and 7... if one happens to be the hot box.... great.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Sold out
Leaf Trading cards announces they are sold out at the factory on the following Products:

We are greatly humbled to announce our most recent 3 sell outs

BECNCH WARMER DAIZEY DUKEZ IS SOLD OUT!

2012 LEAF ORIGINALS WRESTLING IS SOLD OUT!

2012 LEAF HISTORY OF BASEBALL CUT SIGNATURE IS SOLD OUT!

Members online

Latest posts