Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90+ years old TTM thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
It's a sad fact, yet natural, that former ball players pass away. A few weeks ago I sent a 51 Bowman to Marty Marion for my set and in the process he had passed.

So it got me thinking, look up the oldest guys, and see if I can get a TTM success from them....These men are very old and I think it's great that they still sign and I'm thankful for that.

So here's my rolling thread of the 90+ years successes and a little tidbit about each

byerly2-300x216.jpg

Bud Byerly
90 years, 146 days old.

Although he never pitched more than 95 innings in a regular season, Byerly played for five Major League teams in a span of 11 years. He proved to be a valuable man on the Cardinals 1944 World Champion staff, relieving or filling in for injured starting rotation members when needed. His most productive season came in 1957 with the Senators, when he posted career-highs with six wins and six saves.

In an 11-season career, Byerly had a 22-22 record with a 3.88 ERA and 14 saves in 237 appearances.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Very cool thread idea.

That I know off, I only have one TTM from a 90+. Scratch that, 2.

First one is Lee MacPhail.
(94)

Oldest living HOFer, best known for front office work.

2nd is James Leavelle
(91)

Best known for being the first to interrogate Lee Harvey Oswald, as well as being handcuffed to him when shot by Jack Ruby.

I am trying to hit all aspects of TTM right now, but I might consider trying to get some of these older players in a few weeks.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Oh one more...

Eddie Carnett
(94)

Played 4 years in the majors. In 1944, he had 8 triples, which was 10th in the AL.

I know we all hate SCF, but one of the major TTMers over there was running a questionaire thread, which is where I get some of my 80+ year old names from.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I didn't know Doerr was over 90... I sent him 2 index cards and a questionaire, and he sent the indexs back and swapped the questions for a HOF postcard. One of my favorite TTM items I own by far...

Members online

Latest posts