Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ALL STAR GAME lowest ratings EVER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
vwnut13 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
This All-Star game was a disaster.

First of all, you pick a cast member from Glee to sing the anthem? What baseball loving man watches Glee?

Second, I have never heard of the person singing "God Bless America" come on... you could have had Brad Paisely do it or something...

No fly over? That says a lot about the game

The line-ups probably could have been better, and the Derby could have been WAY better...

Softball game and Futures game were alright

Why not Steve Tyler?

[youtube:2m7ll90y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnhTKHMmxJA[/youtube:2m7ll90y]

(Notice before it starts he goes to kiss his daughter on the lips and does so sucessfully when he is done)

I really can't tell if you were ripping on Steve Tyler. But if you were, he sang this better than 90% of the people I've ever heard sing "God Bless America"

And if you don't agree, you can't hear.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
i would love to see the comparison's between lebrons "decision" and the all start games ratings...im betting lebron is way higher,

and you'd be WRONG!. You probably believed too many lebron manlove analysts predicting "the decision" would probably outdraw the super bowl! :lol:

2010 MLB ASG: 12.118 million viewers
LeYawn "The Decision": 9.948 million viewers

LeYawn "The Decision" did outdraw each of the games of the 2010 NBA finals, surprisingly.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
People generally have short attention spans.

The pre-game show went on forever, and many lost interest by the time the game finally started.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
brumbach said:
First five innings was a radar gun exhibition with Ubaldo et al throwing 100 mph heaters with the sun setting. I actually watched most of the game, thus the lousy ratings.

I could have sworn that Price was the only Pitcher to touch 100mph that day.

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
Would have loved to see 5 things from the All-star game

1. Adam Dunn in the home run derby -- DIDN'T HAPPEN

2. Josh Hamilton in the home run derby -- DIDN'T HAPPEN

3. Stephen Strasburg in the All-star game -- DIDN'T HAPPEN

4. Ken Griffey Jr. in the All-star game -- DIDN'T HAPPEN

5. The epic battles of old school/new school, Strasburg vs Arod, Jeter, Griffey.. --DIDN'T HAPPEN

I think having Griffey there as a farewell sendoff would have been great for the game.

Strasburg may not be deserving of the All-star nod considering his limited time playing, but why load up the roster full of no-name relievers and guys like Omar Infante?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Jaypers said:
The pre-game show went on forever, and many lost interest by the time the game finally started.

yep, that's why I hate the ASG and WS - FOX just has to do BS upon BS before the game. I knew FOX does BS before games so I didn't tune in until 20 mins after the hour and then checked back every 5 mins after that until the game started.

Why doesn't fox go on the air at 7:30pm ET with theri BS and be ready for first pitch at 8:05PM ET or so?

and get rid of buck/mccarver too. McCarver was talking up his *** tuesday night about various things.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Does home advantage really mean anything these days in sports? Either scrap the All-Star game or move it a week after the World Series

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
RNCoyote said:
Does home advantage really mean anything these days in sports? Either scrap the All-Star game or move it a week after the World Series

It does if you go to 7 games. According to Wiki, the home team has won Game 7 in the last 8 occurrances and that the 1979 Pirates are the last road team to win a game 7. It does add the fact there hasn't been a game 7 since the All-Star Game home field advantage rule change.

So, let's see, 2003-2009 WS with the ASG home field rule: None have gone to game 7 and the AL has had homefield in each series and the AL has won 4 of the 7 championships. Doesn't appear to be too significant of thing if you don't go 7.

EDIT: I'd like to see the league of the team with the best record (out to five decimal places of winning percentage) have the homefield advantage. If there is a AL and NL team tied, then the day after the season ends, have a coin flip in the commisioner's office determine homefield. If the ASG goes back to exhibition and ends in a tie, who cares. There are lots of ties in spring training when both managers agree that all the players that need work that day have gotten in their game action.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
The AS game has been a disaster for years. It starts with the long and arduous HR Derby and then with a boring game of players that are only in for 1 inning. The players don't even take it seriously.

As for the low ratings.....Good!

Lower ratings = less advertising money for FOX

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts