Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Gonna whoop that Yankee ass tonight.

I gotta dvr the game, softball tonight. So I wont even begin watching the game till around 10. So I may not even know winner till 12-1 tonight. So you guys will be soaking in the victory or have your 2010 Twins playoff hopes crushed a few hours before me.

Go Twins!!!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
340x_bert-blyleven_01.jpg

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
matchpenalty said:
Gonna whoop that Yankee ass tonight.

I gotta dvr the game, softball tonight. So I wont even begin watching the game till around 10. So I may not even know winner till 12-1 tonight. So you guys will be soaking in the victory or have your 2010 Twins playoff hopes crushed a few hours before me.

Go Twins!!!

Crushed. I'll be posting pics from last night in its own thread soon.

Classic pic Jeff.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
0-11 now in last 11 playoff games. Just sad. I couldn't believe how long Gardy stuck with Pavano. He was just getting rocked all night with liners. Twins had chance early when bases were loaded. They need some clutch hits and got nothing again. Yanks are just better team and own our asses. Hated getting them again in first round. We are scared playing them and they have all the confidence in world playing us. Knowing in last 8 games the Twins have had lead in every single game. But then they have outscored us something like 40-3.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
matchpenalty said:
GC... were the guys that didn't make postseaon roster still hanging around with team? did you see Perkins, Revere, Neshek, Pluffe ect

I was there on Wednesday and when they announced the rosters Perkins, Morales, Baker, and I think Condrey were announced.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Twins fans have nothing to be ashamed of. The Yankees just are a better team. Nothing they can really do about it. Would be nice to see them atleast win ine game though.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Alright, back to beter things...G-Man pick up time!

Got this last week. It was a lot of 7 1988 team-issued 4x5 photos. Four players, announcer Ted Robinson and two team cards.

88s.jpg

88gg.jpg

And this came in today, 8x10 photo with Circle G auto. I'm guessing it's a 1987 Spring Training photo, since the jersey is Mid-80's, but the helmet is the "M" logo introduced in 1987. Big, beautiful auto!

8x10.jpg

C'mon Twins! Avoid the sweep tonight! (Please?)

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Although I am very very disappointed in the team with how they finished, I think I need to start to let it go and just realize that we had a really nice season. Had a lot of fun at TF and just watching this team. Really thought it could have been something special, but now time to look on to next year. Idk what Bill Smith or Gardy have in mind, but if anything I hope this post-season showed them that if we really want to take the next step then changes have to be made. Just my thoughts.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Although the score(s) may not reflect it, it was actually 3 relatively close games with onle a few crucial moments that dictated the difference in the outcomes(s) of each game. I really think the Twins beat themselves. Not necessairly on the field but in there heads. You cant expect to beat the Yankees in the playoffs if you cant believe you can do it in your head to begin with. And I know it's a pain that they have to play them in the first round, but the goal of the playoffs is to win the ring, not to make it in to round 2. And if the Twins are going to make the big show they are going to have to beat the Yankees at some point, or beat a team that beat them.

Hopefully, the Twins will come back next year with more confidence. Because I honestly feel the lack there of was the main difference this year.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Well, it's a good thing that the season is over... I have gotton too far behind in school because of the Twins. I still do have Hamilton to root for, but I won't watch the rest of the AL/NLDS. I might watch games 4+ of the ALCS to watch the clincher, and same with the NLCS, but otherwise the TV will be off. World Series will be on but I won't follow it that much.

It was a VERY great season... I hope to see Thome be back next year, as apparently he had a LOT of fun with the Twins. I am saving for TwinsFest already ($5 in the fund!!! WOOT WOOT! lol). I'm gonna go look for a job in a couple weeks to help pay for this...

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
Well, it's a good thing that the season is over... I have gotton too far behind in school because of the Twins. I still do have Hamilton to root for, but I won't watch the rest of the AL/NLDS. I might watch games 4+ of the ALCS to watch the clincher, and same with the NLCS, but otherwise the TV will be off. World Series will be on but I won't follow it that much.

It was a VERY great season... I hope to see Thome be back next year, as apparently he had a LOT of fun with the Twins. I am saving for TwinsFest already ($5 in the fund!!! WOOT WOOT! lol). I'm gonna go look for a job in a couple weeks to help pay for this...

That kinda makes me sad...

I like to think we are all baseball fans at heart first, team oriented second. And to disregard the playoffs in part or as a whole because of perticulat team favorite not being present seems like a self punishing thing to me. To be honest, When it comes to the playoffs, I could really care less who is playing because it is showcasing the highest level of team talent our beloved sport has to offer. I would not dream of missing any part of it that I did not have to!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
matfanofold said:
TBTwinsFan said:

That kinda makes me sad...

I like to think we are all baseball fans at heart first, team oriented second. And to disregard the playoffs in part or as a whole because of perticulat team favorite not being present seems like a self punishing thing to me. To be honest, When it comes to the playoffs, I could really care less who is playing because it is showcasing the highest level of team talent our beloved sport has to offer. I would not dream of missing any part of it that I did not have to!

Trust me, it isn't easy... but a few weeks ago, our internet went down, and then Ken Burns was on TV, and then the playoffs happened... I am up to my chin in homework and any more will put me over the edge. I normally would watch every possible game, but we don't have TBS, so I would have to run back and forth between my house and grandparent's, which would make for very late nights. Legally, I have to be home by 12, so I wouldn't be able to watch every game start to finish anyway.

We do have FOX though, so I would be able to watch every NLCS-WS game.

Last year though, I had the swine flu. I had the game on but I was so out of it I couldn't hardly watch.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Some of my recent pickups. Have a couple more that should be here in the next few days, will post them as well when they get here, just didn't want to wait any longer. My scanner sucks so the TC Refractors that look Red are actually Orange. Hopefully I will get some Red though. Gotta keep the Twins thread moving this offseason!

KevinSlowey2010ToppsBlackd56-59.jpg

2009BowmanChromeProspectsGoldRefractord32-50.jpg

2009BowmanChromeProspectsX-Fractord050-299.jpg

2006BowmanSignsoftheFuture.jpg

AlexBurnettRC2010ToppsChromeOrangeRefractor.jpg

CarlosGutierrez2008BowmanChromeDraftProspectsX-FractorAutod188-225.jpg

2002JustRookiesGoldAutod70-100.jpg

2008ToppsChromeX-Fractor.jpg

JoeMauer2002Topps.jpg

2010ToppsTripleThreadsSepiaAutoRelicd-75.jpg

2009SPAuthenticSignatures.jpg

2010ToppsChromeOrangeRefractor.jpg

DrewButera2010ToppsChromeBlueRefractorAutod008-199.jpg

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
And here is the rest of what I was waiting for.. came in today. I got the Goodrum for $0.99 and the Span Emerald for $13.00. Most of the Emerald's have been going for $30+ so I was lucky to grab that right when the product came out.

2010ToppsTripleThreadsEmeraldAutoRelicd-50.jpg

2010ToppsChromeGoldRefractord34-50.jpg

NikoGoodrum2010DonrussEliteExtraEditionBlueAspirationsDie-CutAutod024-100.jpg

Members online

Latest posts