Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another quick ebay question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
I buy a card on ebay $200 and the listing makes no reference to the condition of the card. Just a see scan you will be getting the card in the scan.

If I get the card and it has say a huge scratch down the front of the card, I would probably contact the seller, but what if he plays hardball, would I win through ebay on a return?

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
If you're going to drop 200 bucks on a card why not ask about the condition of the card before you buy it. ::facepalm:: But to answer your question, yes. ebay/paypal will almost always side with the buyer.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
springfieldisotopes4 said:
If you're going to drop 200 bucks on a card why not ask about the condition of the card before you buy it. ::facepalm:: But to answer your question, yes. ebay/paypal will almost always side with the buyer.

Well to be honest, this looks like it will be the last time I can get this card at this price - or anyone can for that matter and I dont want wait for a response because Im 1000 percent sure someone else will would have hit the BIN based on the scan. The scan does look clean, but one never knows.

Also, I hit the BIN and sent the message and was awaiting the response, but its one of those hit the BIN you need to pay immedietly or lose out, so all things considered, i hit the BIN and paid.

Buyers have all the power on ebay.

I am not a prospector or know anything about rc's. When I have one to sell I refer to the scan. Some buyers contact me and ask for scans of corners, edges, etc.. which I try to send out. Most of the time I see buyers buy the card quick before anyone gets it. Receive the card and give it a close inspection. If they dont like it or will not grade 10 return it (often saying the edges or corners are no good). Ebay will side with the SELLER as card does not qualify for "not as described" but the buyer will slam you DSR's. So a catch 22. Win with ebay, lose with poor ratings, or give a refund.

I noticed this alot more lately with "window shoppers" buying and returning looking for the diamond! ::facepalm::

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
Buyers have all the power on ebay.

I am not a prospector or know anything about rc's. When I have one to sell I refer to the scan. Some buyers contact me and ask for scans of corners, edges, etc.. which I try to send out. Most of the time I see buyers buy the card quick before anyone gets it. Receive the card and give it a close inspection. If they dont like it or will not grade 10 return it (often saying the edges or corners are no good). Ebay will side with the SELLER as card does not qualify for "not as described" but the buyer will slam you DSR's. So a catch 22. Win with ebay, lose with poor ratings, or give a refund.

I noticed this alot more lately with "window shoppers" buying and returning looking for the diamond! ::facepalm::

Yeah, this is definitely not right or fair as they are being super picky. I am only concerned with getting a card and it having a scratch down the middle, which I think devalues the card, am I wrong about this?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I bought a Strasburg / Gibson Heritage dual auto from tntnorthnj, which I received. I also received a 6 piece triple threads football GU from him the day before which I did not buy, with Montana, Manning, Elway, Marino, Favre, and someone else. It was a nice card that he had sold for over $100 and sent to me by mistake. I sent it back to him (at my expense, which was about $10 because of the 2 lb lucite holder it was in), then I had to bug him for a couple of weeks to get him to reimburse me for the shipping.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
mudflap02 said:
I bought a Strasburg / Gibson Heritage dual auto from tntnorthnj, which I received. I also received a 6 piece triple threads football GU from him the day before which I did not buy, with Montana, Manning, Elway, Marino, Favre, and someone else. It was a nice card that he had sold for over $100 and sent to me by mistake. I sent it back to him (at my expense, which was about $10 because of the 2 lb lucite holder it was in), then I had to bug him for a couple of weeks to get him to reimburse me for the shipping.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts