Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody second guessing Jose Bautista's season last year was

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
chashawk said:
there plenty of things that don't show up on MLB's joke of a testing program

Like finding a hitting coach that recommends taking batting practice with a 10 ounce drop head bat to increase your bat speed and starting a weightlifting program that focuses on grip and wrist strength rather than bench press and curls, all of which Bautista has done.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
One other note. In the 2005 and 2006 BA Prospect Handbook, in which Bautista was ranked # 12 and #5 in the PIT organization, they mention his "developing plus power". So the tools were well documented. He just put them together.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:
mannyramirezcollec said:
This guy is quickly becoming my favorite major leaguer. Ive watched this video like 8 times today, really takes you back to the Sosa/McGwire days

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=12404949

My god, that video was just scary. He doesn't even look like he's trying compared to a guy like Sosa, yet he's hitting the crap out of those balls.

I totally remember watching that grand slam off of Neshek. That thing was beyond mauled.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Wasn't his problem the fact that he had such a sloppy swing before his Toronto days? I know TWIB did a thing on it last week. He had poor extension and follow through, as well as a couple other things they cleaned up which helped him obliterate baseballs.

Actually went to a game against the Blue Jays last season. Had the camera and took a pic of every swing hoping for a money shot :lol: Got one of him striking out that looks really cool. No homers (he had hit #54 on his last trip to Target Field, if I am correct), but I really liked how he played the game. Starting to be a big fan.

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I catch flack on a couple msg boards because I'm a fan.
Whatever, he got me back into baseball.

From Thursday night:
IMG_2780.jpg

My 11X14
IMG_2782.jpg

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Not really fair to blame the Pirates as they were not the only team to pass on him. Also a player has to want to change from what I remember him in the Burgh he never wanted to adjust his style.

Members online

Latest posts