Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best football RC from '82-97? Opinions wanted...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Quick story to set up the Question: My buddy has kept all his cards from when we were kids and wants me to go thru them for him. Probably nothing "big" but you never know. He's not even sure what he still has but I know that he has the Emmitt 1990 Score Update RC since he got that the same day I picked the Fleer Update RC. Nice choice huh? :lol:

That got me to wondering what most people think is THE best rookie card to get from that time-frame? I'd say the year after Montana's RC year, 1982 until 1997, the year before SP Authentic got huge and autographed RCs really entered the market.

Not really talking about current Price or gradability but more what you consider the Iconic card of that period.

The Barry Sanders 1989 Score? The Favre 1991 Stadium Club? One of the mid-80s USFL XRCs? Marino or Elway '84 Topps? Just wondering...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
This would be the top 10 list for me, these I consider "iconic" in some sort

84 Marino and Elway
84 USFL Kelly n Young
86 Rice
89 Score Barry, Aikman, Deion
90 Score Emmitt
91 Favre

Then there is the group w T Davis , C Martin , R Lewis , T Gonzalez , L Taylor etc that there top RCs are key but I would not say "iconic"

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Both above are great cards , possibly in the "iconic" realm IMO , but don't see them cracking my top 10 unless I switched the Bo for the Deion

Ryan

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
When you're talking about Favre, don't forget that his 1992 Stadium Club HI (first Green Bay card) is more desirable than the over-produced 1991 RC version.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
When you're talking about Favre, don't forget that his 1992 Stadium Club HI (first Green Bay card) is more desirable than the over-produced 1991 RC version.

Yeah I didn't forget about it, just doesn't fit my RC criteria. He has multiple 91s so I don't feel the 92 (though more desirable/higher priced) fits the RC list, IMO

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts