Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big Mailday- THE 3 most popular players in last 20 years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I wish it was on-card autos though!
I think I will crack it out of the slab...to me the slab actually takes away from the card on non-vintage and non-rookie cards in most cases.

fanfaves2-1.jpg

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
hofautos said:
I think I will crack it out of the slab...to me the slab actually takes away from the card on non-vintage and non-rookie cards in most cases.

I agree, card would present much better in something other than that slab.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
ChasHawk said:
on-card wouldn't matter as much if they hadn't put that awful Griffey sticker on there... ::facepalm::

Agreed, but the price seemed right...hoping to flip Christmas time (and if i can't make a benny on it, then I will be forced to keep it for awhile...I don't like any stickers in my PC.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Even if they had used the same 3 kinds of stickers and all 3 in blue ink, I'd have been happy with that. Cant deny what a sweet card it is though.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
hofautos said:

I agree, card would present much better in something other than that slab.

There, that looks a little better!

3pop.jpg

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
hofautos said:

Slab simply provides the best protection.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Nice, a Fine 9 (all 9 subs)!

Edit - Why the hell would you crack a Mint card if you aren't re-subbing for a bump. Fishing for buyers who think they could get a Gem?

1. i didn't crack it..yet...that's called cropping.
2. like i said in previous message, to me only vintage,dna, and rookies belong in slabs. (maybe a few exceptions)
3. to your question, NO. I would guess a very small minority grade modern non-rookie autos...what percentage of your modern autos do you have graded?

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
beefycheddar said:
If you want to flip, why would you ever crack slab? A 9 for Exquisite is like a chrome 9.5.
Well, if you think so, maybe I won't. You probably have more experience at that, than me. To me, it just doesn't look as presentable...The only thing I have graded are vintage and rookies...i don't like my modern non-rookies graded...but if you really think it will sell for more in a slab, then maybe i won't crack it...I will think about it.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
hofautos said:
sportscardtheory said:
Nice, a Fine 9 (all 9 subs)!

Edit - Why the hell would you crack a Mint card if you aren't re-subbing for a bump. Fishing for buyers who think they could get a Gem?

1. i didn't crack it..yet...that's called cropping.
2. like i said in previous message, to me only vintage,dna, and rookies belong in slabs. (maybe a few exceptions)
3. to your question, NO. I would guess a very small minority grade modern non-rookie autos...what percentage of your modern autos do you have graded?

It's your card, so you can certainly do what you want with it. I wouldn't crack it personally. It's Mint.

Members online

Latest posts