Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Blockbuster trade being talked about Yankees-Tigers-Arizona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I do not understand the infatuation with Granderson. He's a good outfielder with atrocious splits who should never face a lefty. Ever.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
12:19pm: Rosenthal says the revised deal has the Tigers getting two players from the Yanks rather than three, with Coke or Dunn out. AOL FanHouse's Ed Price tweets that the D'Backs and Tigers are awaiting signoff from the Yankees, and expect an answer within 40 minutes.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
"12:19pm: Rosenthal says the revised deal has the Tigers getting two players from the Yanks rather than three, with Coke or Dunn out. AOL FanHouse's Ed Price tweets that the D'Backs and Tigers are awaiting signoff from the Yankees, and expect an answer within 40 minutes."

Looks like it's almost a done deal..... Well I hope Scherzer is as good as you guys say he is..... ;)

Shep :ugeek:

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
jdacunha said:
12:19pm: Rosenthal says the revised deal has the Tigers getting two players from the Yanks rather than three, with Coke or Dunn out. AOL FanHouse's Ed Price tweets that the D'Backs and Tigers are awaiting signoff from the Yankees, and expect an answer within 40 minutes.

Haha, you beat me to it :D

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
I don't like the deal if the Yankees give up Ajax, Kennedy and Coke...really seems like a lot for Granderson. I would rather the Yankees get Edwin Jackson and Granderson for A Jackson, Kennedy, Coke and another prospect..

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
12:35pm: Olney now says this deal is close. Sherman says medical records are being exchanged on Granderson. In another tweet Sherman says there's no deadline on the deal, but one source says it's "on the goal line." He adds that removing Dunn from the deal was key for the Yanks. Tyler Kepner of the New York Times says the deal is "very close."

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
The more and more I think about it.... the Tigers are getting a pretty good deal trading Granderson, even tough I really didn't want to see him moved.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
jdacunha said:
What is Granderson's contract? $$ and years left?

Fairly reasonable, at least for the Yanks:

5 years/$30.25M (2008-13), plus 2014 club option

signed extension with Detroit 2/4/08
08:$1M, 09:$3.5M, 10:$5.5M, 11:$8.25M, 12:$10M, 13:$13M club option ($2M buyout)
2013 option increases to:

$15M if MVP (1st - 5th) in 2011 or 2012

$14M if All Star in 2011 or 2012

$13.5M if All Star selection in 2011 or 2012

award bonuses: $25,000 each for All Star, Gold Glove; $50,000 for Silver Slugger; $75,000 for LCS MVP; $0.1M for MVP, WS MVP

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Done Deal ;)

"12:48pm: Heyman tweets that an agreement has been reached, with only medicals pending."

Granderson I think has 4 years left at just over 6 Mil.... not the typical Yankee contract for a star CF eh :D.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The Yankees have to be retarted for doing this deal. They are getting a horrible player in Granderson for A-Jax, Coke, and Dunn? EWWWWWWWWW......I am not happy about this deal for sure. Granderson is going to K more than hit foul balls for crying out loud. ::facepalm:: Bad deal for us...

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
jdacunha said:
Maybe Granderson has a Damon type year in Yankee Stadium, he is a better fielder, is 7 years younger and would cost less.

More then just "Better" he blows Damon's defense out of the water! I have seen him play live over 10X and he is truly a treat to watch on the D.

I hope Granderson keeps his same attitude after changing teams ;) he is a class act and was great for the city of Detroit.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
::facepalm:: :?: :shock:

Not really a fan of this trade. Not sure of the though process behind giving up a SP who outside of a few starts had a good rookie season, has higher upside, is cheaper, and is under team control longer than what they are getting. It seems like the D-backs are banking on Jackson being first half of 2009 good and really banking on Kennedy being top notch one day, though I don't see how an injured arm, okay AZ Fall League and a beating in many a major league appearance bodes well for that.

Personally not happy to see Scherzer go, and hopefully this won't bite them in the butt later on.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
shephech said:
jdacunha said:
Maybe Granderson has a Damon type year in Yankee Stadium, he is a better fielder, is 7 years younger and would cost less.

More then just "Better" he blows Damon's defense out of the water! I have seen him play live over 10X and he is truly a treat to watch on the D.

I hope Granderson keeps his same attitude after changing teams ;) he is a class act and was great for the city of Detroit.

Now that the melky/gardner project in CF is over...will the Yankees platoon them in LF?

The Yanks are saving $$ here...maybe they go after Holiday for LF?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Funny isn't? Every one on hear valued Scherzer more than Jackson, but Arizona, the team who was pushing the deal gave up Scherzer and prospetcs for Jackson alone.

It seems Arizona doesn't value Scherzer as much as the fans.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
jdacunha said:
shephech said:
jdacunha said:

Now that the melky/gardner project in CF is over...will the Yankees platoon them in LF?

The Yanks are saving $$ here...maybe they go after Holiday for LF?

Not sure.... but I bet they will be in on Matty...