Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bo Jackson or Billy Williams? Another Sweet Spot Error?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Ok, so this card was listed not not long ago...

!BhM(hsgBmk~$(KGrHqQOKj4EsDLg)qyOBLICVtdF!!~~_35.jpg

At first I thought it was a piece of the Royals logo, because it looked like there was gold on it. Then, I noticed the jersey behind it. Not only is the blue darker than the Royals blue, but there's a pinstripe. Then I realized, this is a piece of the Cubs logo from a Billy Williams jersey. So, I decided to just let the seller know, so he could either mention it or contact Upper Deck, because there's a possibility that a buyer could complain and cause problems. Here is what I wrote...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that Upper Deck messed your card up and put a Billy Williams patch in your Bo Jackson card. Both patches come from light blue jerseys, so it's somewhat understandable. Anyway, I wanted to point it out so that you don't get a complaint from a buyer. So you might want to mention it or maybe contact Upper Deck about it. Good luck.

Which prompted this response...

where you at upper deck when the patch was put in did you put it in yourself

Which prompted this response from me...

No, if I was it wouldn't have happened. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just letting you know.

Which got this response...

whoever told you that is an idiot im talkin to somebody from upper deck right now its a real deal patch of bo jackson if u dont believe me call and ask for yourself 1 800 873 7332 thanks cause i had a baseball card i been meaning to get redeemed thanks

This is a Bo Jackson patch from this set...

!BgTVni!Bmk~$(KGrHqEH-DsEsKb8vgI)BLEvjWeY1w~~_35.jpg

Here's two Billy Williams, including one with a piece of logo...

!Bgvf4t!!mk~$(KGrHqQH-CYEsMgmfvV,BLGf-w58sQ~~_35.jpg
!Bg-Sf5wBmk~$(KGrHqUH-C0EsMNIVZ72BLHIMb5fF!~~_35.jpg

Hmmm?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
IndyMann said:
Another one!

[ebay:3tdvd5g8]220524017252[/ebay:3tdvd5g8]

Ruh-roh!

I wonder if it's certain numbers or certain cases or something? I hadn't seen any mistakes on these until tonight.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
The worst part about is, it's obvious that you're telling him trying to help him out, not to be a jerk and he had to respond like an idiot. People suck.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
someone else said that earlier so i called upper deck talked to somebody described the card its bo jackson not billy williams whoever is tellin you this dont know what there talkin about call 1 800 873 7332 theyll tell you its bo jackson

I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this guy is a kool-aid drinking half-wit.

I honestly hope he loses bids because of it.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
chashawk said:
someone else said that earlier so i called upper deck talked to somebody described the card its bo jackson not billy williams whoever is tellin you this dont know what there talkin about call 1 800 873 7332 theyll tell you its bo jackson

I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this guy is a kool-aid drinking half-wit.

I imagine the conversation went something like this...

Seller: I pulled a Bo Jackson patch card out of Sweet Spot, but someone said it's not Bo Jackson.

UD Rep: It's a Bo Jackson card?

Seller: Yes.

UD Rep: Then it's Bo Jackson.

Seller: I knew it!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Brett Keith said:
chashawk said:

I imagine the conversation went something like this...

Seller: I pulled a Bo Jackson patch card out of Sweet Spot, but someone said it's not Bo Jackson.

UD Rep: It's a Bo Jackson card?

Seller: Yes.

UD Rep: Then it's Bo Jackson.

Seller: I knew it!
:lol: thanked.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Did anyone else look at this dope's feedback. :lol:

said i should have bid higher not selling i bid to low havent received money

Seller refused to sell, saying I should have bid more

Responded to request for total by refusing to sell, said I should have bid more

All from 08. I guessing he was banned for a while after that. ::facepalm::

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Brett Keith said:
Ok, so this card was listed not not long ago...

At first I thought it was a piece of the Royals logo, because it looked like there was gold on it. Then, I noticed the jersey behind it. Not only is the blue darker than the Royals blue, but there's a pinstripe. Then I realized, this is a piece of the Cubs logo from a Billy Williams jersey. So, I decided to just let the seller know, so he could either mention it or contact Upper Deck, because there's a possibility that a buyer could complain and cause problems. Here is what I wrote...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that Upper Deck messed your card up and put a Billy Williams patch in your Bo Jackson card. Both patches come from light blue jerseys, so it's somewhat understandable. Anyway, I wanted to point it out so that you don't get a complaint from a buyer. So you might want to mention it or maybe contact Upper Deck about it. Good luck.

Hmmm?

It is VERY similar to the Williams Cubs Head Logo.
Anyone would be stupid NOT to believe it is anything but that.
But the real question is, how many Cub Heads did they cut up for Williams' cards??

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Looks like at least 2 so far, Russ. Maybe the patch in the Bo card was supposed to go here...

!Bfi2Wvg!2k~$(KGrHqMH-CkErfg9gpMJBLBuu0!,)!~~_12.jpg

Thats gotta be the worst one I've seen so far. I would have to think the seller has contacted UD about it.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
Russ S. said:
[quote="Brett Keith":tkz3pcqy]Ok, so this card was listed not not long ago...

Hmmm?

It is VERY similar to the Williams Cubs Head Logo.
Anyone would be stupid NOT to believe it is anything but that.
But the real question is, how many Cub Heads did they cut up for Williams' cards??[/quote:tkz3pcqy]

To me it appears to be from the same patch. The Bo is the left ear (when facing the patch), turned upside down. The Williams is the center of the top of the head turned 90 degrees to the right.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Further response from the idjit, after I sent him links to the other messed up Bo patch, and a Cubs bear sleeve patch.

look at any royals uniform and look on the shoulders thats where its from they have the gold crown symbol above the word royals on the shoulders of the uniforms
if you know anything about baseball the old royals uniforms have the gold crown symbol on the sleeves

So according to him, this...

...is this somehow.

!BgfcnpQ!mk~$(KGrHqUH-C0EsMNIVZ72BLFfhoNl,g~~_12.jpg

He also put this in his auction now. :lol:
to let everybody know this is bo jackson jersey patch i talked to upper deck they confirmed it you wanna know for yourself just call them and ask 1 800 873 7332 #31/48
this patch could be part of the symbol on the shoulder of the royals jersey the crown which is gold

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
chashawk said:
Further response from the idjit, after I sent him links to the other messed up Bo patch, and a Cubs bear sleeve patch.

look at any royals uniform and look on the shoulders thats where its from they have the gold crown symbol above the word royals on the shoulders of the uniforms
if you know anything about baseball the old royals uniforms have the gold crown symbol on the sleeves

So according to him, this...

...is this somehow.

!BgfcnpQ!mk~$(KGrHqUH-C0EsMNIVZ72BLFfhoNl,g~~_12.jpg

He also put this in his auction now. :lol:
[quote:z2158qek]to let everybody know this is bo jackson jersey patch i talked to upper deck they confirmed it you wanna know for yourself just call them and ask 1 800 873 7332 #31/48
this patch could be part of the symbol on the shoulder of the royals jersey the crown which is gold
[/quote:z2158qek]

Classic. So how does he explain the darker blue jersey with a pinstripe? ;)

Also, a Bo with a huge chunk of the actual Royals sleeve patch sold for like a $300 BIN.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
and...end scene. :lol:

i dont care if i get bids on it im taking it off now im holding onto it for a long time i appreciate you sayin somethin about the card im not here to rip anybody off upper deck told me its a real card so im gonna take it off and keep it

Members online

Latest posts