Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bonds guilty of obstruction of justice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
onionring9 said:
chashawk said:
onionring9 said:
chashawk said:
[quote="onionring9":2bq74ndu][quote="chashawk":2bq74ndu]
2. the money is already spent. it's not like they had to kick in extra cash to go after Barry Bonds.
the judge is salaried, so are the federal prosecution. and Bonds paid his own lawyers.

This makes no sense. If I have a salaried employee and I'm paying him $150/hr (calculated amount) to design and implement security features for a software system, and his manager has him wash cars for a week, then yes $6000 was wasted because now the design is a week behind and he got paid for something productive but not worth the time and money spent on him. This is no different to almost all of us except you.

You believe this case should have happened, the rest of us think it was a total waste of time. Bonds should go to jail if he in fact is guilty of perjury. That doesn't change the fact that we don't think this should have happened to begin with. You just need to accept this as a fact, and get over the concept that we don't agree with you.
then you don't with agree with the way the legal system works in our country.

letting someone as high-profile as Bonds just walk on this would have set a VERY dangerous precedent for future cases.
For the last time this isn't about Bonds...
exactly.

you just made my point.

It is about someone, ANYONE, lying to a federal grand jury
*Edit. I'm done, waste somebody else's time. I keep saying the sky is blue and you keep responding with "No, the grass is green"[/quote:2bq74ndu]
then apparently you're doing a ****** job of getting your point across.

sorry, nothing personal[/quote:2bq74ndu]

I agree, you are making absolutely no sense to me, I'm making absolutely no sense to you,

let just say f--- it, high five and go back to cards :D

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

1. the reason this was a federal case is because Bonds was called to testify in the FEDERAL investigation of BALCO, where he was believed to have perjured himself, making it a FEDERAL crime.

2. the money is already spent. it's not like they had to kick in extra cash to go after Barry Bonds.
the judge is salaried, so are the federal prosecution. and Bonds paid his own lawyers.

so...even if the Bonds case didn't exist, the money was spent.
it's not like they could've given that 75 million to little kids in Africa, or hired more teachers, etc, etc

BALCO I understand. But Bonds was a user. They didn't even need him to testify. You can thank Jeff Novitzky for that. Look...be real with me...anytime you have an IRS agent trying to nab drug pushers and users, something's wrong. Somebody has an agenda. That's like telling your carpenter to go fix your air conditioning unit. He and folks behind him had agendas. Plain and simple. Now if they want to nail Bonds to a cross for using, okay...whatever. They didn't need BALCO to do it. They needed Greg Anderson who is apparently getting something for his vow of silence. Otherwise, I doubt he'd have held his tongue. For two stints at that. Or is he on his third now?

They could have flushed BALCO and Victor Conte's ass right down the commode with or without any athletes being spoken to. They had plenty of evidence through their numerous garbage sifting pursuits and also whatever they seized on scene. They didn't like the fact that Bonds wasn't giving them what they wanted to know which is basically that he knowingly and willfully took steroids. So it became really clear to anyone watching that at that point, when Bonds wouldn't roll over and play dead, Novitzky and his backers were going full force after him. And now millions of dollars later, we have an obstruction of justice charge that might land what? 9 months as a proby?

I'm personally glad he got off. Its not that I think anyone should not get in trouble for breaking the law. Its the fact that of all the crap we really need to do, going after a guy so hard because he simply wouldn't let you force him into admitting he took drugs is pretty dumb. Its a monumental waste of time, money, and it makes you look childish. These people get off on making star athletes reputations crumble. Its trivial.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts