Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Boston WHO??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
I don't understand what young players people think they should be calling up that would be making and immediate impact. They don't have much hitting this year. They thought defense and pitching would make up for it. Its clearly not. Its a hard park to pitch in so I don't see why they would have abandoned their offensive scheme.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I don't think they're so bad as much as the Yankees, Rays, and Twins are just better teams - and that's who the bulk of the schedule is against. They weren't ever going to make noise this year, not with this lineup; and the Yankees are just better, and the Rays looked poised to bounce back, which makes the Sox the third best team in the division, and out of the playoffs. Anyone else predicting better had some serious wishful thinking going on...

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
thefasterblade said:
I don't understand what young players people think they should be calling up that would be making and immediate impact. They don't have much hitting this year. They thought defense and pitching would make up for it. Its clearly not. Its a hard park to pitch in so I don't see why they would have abandoned their offensive scheme.

No one thought Dustin Pedroia could handle playing in the big leagues. They should give a guy like Josh Reddick a chance. The guy tore up spring training.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
thefasterblade said:

No one thought Dustin Pedroia could handle playing in the big leagues. They should give a guy like Josh Reddick a chance. The guy tore up spring training.

I think he can be a good player, but I see no way he is the fix of their problem. They need some real bats and I don't even see a potential trade market for what they need.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
DaveH said:
bj-upton.jpg

^the reason the red sox will not be "fine" by september. a big part of baseball is confidence... I don't know if you guys understand the weight of a 4-game sweep in Boston... and I'm all about sss/april, etc... its a long season... but BOSSMAN's shoulder is back, Garza is back, Price is blossoming...

Haha Bossman is back alright

At least you got the Price part right.

Aug 29, 2008
Its pretty crazy to think that if the season ended today, Boston would have the 3rd best record in all of baseball and not make the playoffs. While it probably won't end this way, it is pretty absurd that the best 3 records all reside in the same division.

Members online

Latest posts