Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bubba Starling's LEAF "Nike Bo" card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
sportscardtheory said:
jbhofmann said:
sportscardtheory said:
jbhofmann said:
sportscardtheory said:
[quote="jbhofmann":kbxfujvl][quote="sportscardtheory":kbxfujvl]Why do people feel the need to attack Brian Gray here? lol It's becoming very sad and pathetic watching people get so emotional about this shat. Seriously, pathetic. You all look like a bunch of bratty teenagers just looking to pick fights for no reason.

:lol: Relax it's cardboard. I never try to take anything serious on this board. Brian doesn't owe me anything. If you look through any of my posts, they are mostly sarcastic, not funny, sarcastic, not funny again, and sometimes informative. He made a bold statement about Bubba and I just wanted to prove him wrong.

It's the constant bashing and antagonizing that is reaching absurd levels. It's just not funny or interesting to watch a community bash and antagonize a company spokesman over every single thing they say or do. It's getting REALLY old.

People hated Upper Deck
People bash Panini's Redemption process
People kill Topps because they have no competition
People complain about .......

Get the idea?

Yeah, I get it. This board is full of (not everyone) a bunch of bratty kids with no tact or respect for other members.

Please tell me you have a really stressful job.[/quote:kbxfujvl]

Why, because I get tired of seeing people bitch and moan about petty BS on a message board I frequent. I'm on here a lot, so yeah, I get tired of the BS. I'm sure you are young and aloof, so...[/quote:kbxfujvl]

You just strike me as being angry all the time. Actually I'm a pretty laid back 30yr old teacher, father of two (sons), who just likes to get on here, get information, buy/sell/trade, and have fun.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
jbhofmann said:
sportscardtheory said:
jbhofmann said:
sportscardtheory said:
jbhofmann said:
[quote="sportscardtheory":ja4z1drr][quote="jbhofmann":ja4z1drr][quote="sportscardtheory":ja4z1drr]Why do people feel the need to attack Brian Gray here? lol It's becoming very sad and pathetic watching people get so emotional about this shat. Seriously, pathetic. You all look like a bunch of bratty teenagers just looking to pick fights for no reason.

:lol: Relax it's cardboard. I never try to take anything serious on this board. Brian doesn't owe me anything. If you look through any of my posts, they are mostly sarcastic, not funny, sarcastic, not funny again, and sometimes informative. He made a bold statement about Bubba and I just wanted to prove him wrong.

It's the constant bashing and antagonizing that is reaching absurd levels. It's just not funny or interesting to watch a community bash and antagonize a company spokesman over every single thing they say or do. It's getting REALLY old.

People hated Upper Deck

Get the idea?

Yeah, I get it. This board is full of (not everyone) a bunch of bratty kids with no tact or respect for other members.

Please tell me you have a really stressful job.[/quote:ja4z1drr]

Why, because I get tired of seeing people bitch and moan about petty BS on a message board I frequent. I'm on here a lot, so yeah, I get tired of the BS. I'm sure you are young and aloof, so...[/quote:ja4z1drr]

You just strike me as being angry all the time. Actually I'm a pretty laid back 30yr old teacher, father of two (sons), who just likes to get on here, get information, buy/sell/trade, and have fun.[/quote:ja4z1drr]

I am rubber, you are glue. I seem angry because I'm calling out people like you.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:
Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

I'll take a free box of Leaf Ali.

Thanks for the bet.

I was talking about PRO HALL OF FAMES.

BG

P.s.- 859 players are in the College HOF, 253 in the NFL. The NFL is VERY loose in its selections. What does that say about the College HOF?

More schools, more records, more of a past. 113 Division 1-A Schools alone, not counting D-1AA, D2, and DIII

so lets say about 400 schools total that is around 2 per school, while NFL is averaging 8 per team.

Big difference

Here is a small sampling of the difference between NFL and college hall of fames:

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:

Thanks for the bet.

BG

P.s.- 859 players are in the College HOF, 253 in the NFL. The NFL is VERY loose in its selections. What does that say about the College HOF?

More schools, more records, more of a past. 113 Division 1-A Schools alone, not counting D-1AA, D2, and DIII

so lets say about 400 schools total that is around 2 per school, while NFL is averaging 8 per team.

Big difference

Here is a small sampling of the difference between NFL and college hall of fames:

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

How many Heisman Trophy winners in there awarded to the best player?

Seriously if you dont understand why they have so many people as compared to NFL then I will help you

High School has 1,000,000 Players

Between D1A and D1AA or FBS and FCS over 12,000 Scholarship Players (minimal end of the number)

NFL 1,696 players

Make Sense Now?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
notjomommasclint said:
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:

Thanks for the bet.

BG

i have 25,000 cards in my collection zero of them razor or leaf... what does that say about your products?

There are lots of factors at play:
What do you collect?
Are my generally higher priced items within your budget?
Do you have good taste?
Are you the only collector (or even .000000000001 of the market)? (we did sell $8 million worth of products last year, so someone bought them!)

The point is MOST would agree a hall of fame is only meaningful if it somewhat selective. NFL is questionable. College FB HOF is a joke.
BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
ljw29 said:
Mahoody said:
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:

Thanks for the bet.

BG

How many Colleges with Football teams are there in comparison to the number of teams in the NFL ?
I'll also bet that they were playing football in college before the NFL was formed hmmmm???

You made no mention to PRO Hall Of Fame

Bottom line you lost your bet pay up

Agreed he did say "football hall of famer" So he lost the bet, Id send him a box of Razor FB if I were BG

Actually if Bubba makes either hall of fame, based on the wording of BG's post saying he'd bet Bubba has a 1000% better chance than Bo to make a Hall of Fame, wouldn't the bet be a push? It wasn't JUST that Bo wouldn't, it was that Bubba would.

Not that I care either way, but I'm kinda just tired of seeing people ganging up on BG for no apparent reason.

+1

Bottom line, BUBBA has more ceiling than BO (My opinion).... BG

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:

Thanks for the bet.

BG

Big difference

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

Andre Ware wasn't a great college QB? I don't understand your post. Does Ralph Sampson belong in the Hall of Fame?

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
jbhofmann said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:

Thanks for the bet.

BG

Big difference

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

Andre Ware wasn't a great college QB? I don't understand your post. Does Ralph Sampson belong in the Hall of Fame?

Ralph belongs in College Basketball HOF

And Chuck Long. Toretta? Danny White at ASU?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
jbhofmann said:
sportscardtheory said:
Why do people feel the need to attack Brian Gray here? lol It's becoming very sad and pathetic watching people get so emotional about this shat. Seriously, pathetic. You all look like a bunch of bratty teenagers just looking to pick fights for no reason.

What did you prove?
I was OBVIOUSLY talking about the generally accepted professional Hall of Fames (not the college HOF or High school FB Hall of fame or Auburn Hall of fame or prematurely injured star hall of fame)..

I only like my bet because BO's career (while he had mad skills) ended too soon and without any achievements worthy of HOF induction... BG

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
ljw29 said:
Mahoody said:
Leaf said:
[quote="jbhofmann":1t0doxu6]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

How many Colleges with Football teams are there in comparison to the number of teams in the NFL ?
I'll also bet that they were playing football in college before the NFL was formed hmmmm???

Agreed he did say "football hall of famer" So he lost the bet, Id send him a box of Razor FB if I were BG

Actually if Bubba makes either hall of fame, based on the wording of BG's post saying he'd bet Bubba has a 1000% better chance than Bo to make a Hall of Fame, wouldn't the bet be a push? It wasn't JUST that Bo wouldn't, it was that Bubba would.

Not that I care either way, but I'm kinda just tired of seeing people ganging up on BG for no apparent reason.

+1

Bottom line, BUBBA has more ceiling than BO (My opinion).... BG[/quote:1t0doxu6]

You're clearly smoking PCP. Bo Jackson was one of the best athletes of all time.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:

Thanks for the bet.

BG

Big difference

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

Seriously if you dont understand why they have so many people as compared to NFL then I will help you

Between D1A and D1AA or FBS and FCS over 12,000 Scholarship Players (minimal end of the number)

NFL 1,696 players

Make Sense Now?

I fully understand, but there are TONS of guys in there who had little or NO professional career....
If I am making a bold statement about someone being a BB or FB hall of famer, its fair to point out that the college HOF has loads of 2-3 year wonders...

If the NFL loosened up their standards to 2-3 year wonders, there would be 1000+++ members.
BG

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Leaf said:
bradical said:
Its almost comical. The Bo Jackson, an iconic image, shot with actual black & white film, using some lighting, and has some general depth to the photo.

The Bubba, shot in color and cheaply swapped to black & white with a post process makes the photo come off very cheap and unprofessional.

Thanks for the kind words...
Bubba has a 1000% better chance of being a baseball or football hall of famer than BO Jackson... wanna bet?

Point is, it is a salute to BO... and a testament to Bubba's athleticism...

At the end of the day, its not for evferyone... But for 25 lucky collectors, it will be.
BG

Where is the Obviously Pro Hall of Fame here? Must have missed it

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:
sportscardtheory said:
Why do people feel the need to attack Brian Gray here? lol It's becoming very sad and pathetic watching people get so emotional about this shat. Seriously, pathetic. You all look like a bunch of bratty teenagers just looking to pick fights for no reason.

What did you prove?
I was OBVIOUSLY talking about the generally accepted professional Hall of Fames (not the college HOF or High school FB Hall of fame or Auburn Hall of fame or prematurely injured star hall of fame)..

I only like my bet because BO's career (while he had mad skills) ended too soon and without any achievements worthy of HOF induction... BG

A truly great PR guy would have just sent the guy who claimed he won the bet a free box regardless if he won or not. THAT'S how you build a bigger customer-base. I wish I could be in charge of your PR department. :p

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
jbhofmann said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:

Thanks for the bet.

BG

Big difference

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

Good college QB obviously... point is College FB HOF is home to a bunch of 2-3 year hacks that couldnt cut it at the next level...
BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
jbhofmann said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
[quote="jbhofmann":1hqy9j2m]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

Big difference

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

Ralph belongs in College Basketball HOF

And Chuck Long. Toretta? Danny White at ASU?[/quote:1hqy9j2m]

Yes, COLLEGE HOF's.... Not professional HOF's which was my implication (even though the one poster tried to be cute)... BG

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
[quote="jbhofmann":3ryeo3ap]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

Big difference

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

NFL 1,696 players

Make Sense Now?

I fully understand, but there are TONS of guys in there who had little or NO professional career....
If I am making a bold statement about someone being a BB or FB hall of famer, its fair to point out that the college HOF has loads of 2-3 year wonders...

If the NFL loosened up their standards to 2-3 year wonders, there would be 1000+++ members.
BG[/quote:3ryeo3ap]

There are guys in the College Hall of Fame who went and served in Wartime and Died, there are guys who went and served and the ability to go pro was not as easy for them, and 2 or 3 year wonder in their sport in College, makes them shockingly a COLLEGE HALL OF FAMER. So professional career does not play in here, you said Hall of Famer, you did not say which one and you got caught and wont own up.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
[quote="jbhofmann":23esb3jv]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

Big difference

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

Good college QB obviously... point is College FB HOF is home to a bunch of 2-3 year hacks that couldnt cut it at the next level...
BG[/quote:23esb3jv]

Might want to tweak that to players who were not elite at the next level not hacks. As sorry hacks is seriously off base.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
sportscardtheory said:
jbhofmann said:
sportscardtheory said:
jbhofmann said:
sportscardtheory said:

People hated Upper Deck

Get the idea?

When you point one finger at someone else, there are three pointing RIGHT back at you, mi amigo.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
ljw29 said:
Mahoody said:
Leaf said:
[quote="jbhofmann":essnm6op]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

+1

Bottom line, BUBBA has more ceiling than BO (My opinion).... BG[/quote:essnm6op]

That's insane. Opinion or not, it's almost certainly wrong. Bo Jackson had one of the highest ceilings of any athlete, ever. Reaching his ceiling, well yeah, then you've got an argument.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
sportscardtheory said:
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:
sportscardtheory said:

What did you prove?

A truly great PR guy would have just sent the guy who claimed he won the bet a free box regardless if he won or not. THAT'S how you build a bigger customer-base. I wish I could be in charge of your PR department. :p

Didnt you see his patting himself on the back post, he thinks he is amazing and everything he does is too. Thats all the PR he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts