Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bubba Starling's LEAF "Nike Bo" card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
Leaf said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":22ada8f6]
ljw29 said:
Mahoody said:
Leaf said:
[quote="jbhofmann":22ada8f6]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

I'll take a free box of Leaf Ali.

Thanks for the bet.

I was talking about PRO HALL OF FAMES.

BG

P.s.- 859 players are in the College HOF, 253 in the NFL. The NFL is VERY loose in its selections. What does that say about the College HOF?

How many Colleges with Football teams are there in comparison to the number of teams in the NFL ?
I'll also bet that they were playing football in college before the NFL was formed hmmmm???

You made no mention to PRO Hall Of Fame

Bottom line you lost your bet pay up

Agreed he did say "football hall of famer" So he lost the bet, Id send him a box of Razor FB if I were BG

Actually if Bubba makes either hall of fame, based on the wording of BG's post saying he'd bet Bubba has a 1000% better chance than Bo to make a Hall of Fame, wouldn't the bet be a push? It wasn't JUST that Bo wouldn't, it was that Bubba would.

Not that I care either way, but I'm kinda just tired of seeing people ganging up on BG for no apparent reason.

+1

Bottom line, BUBBA has more ceiling than BO (My opinion).... BG[/quote:22ada8f6]

You're clearly smoking PCP. Bo Jackson was one of the best athletes of all time.[/quote:22ada8f6]

Ok... one more time for those who are not listeneing....

BO ****WAS***** a great athelete for a few years at the professional level...

My statement:
BUBBA STARLING has a 1000% better chance to make the Hall of fame (either sport - its obvious I mean PRO HOF) than BO Jackson....
This is fact because BO is NOT and NEVER WILL BE inducted into either hallowed hall...

Its obvious I wasnt betting he wouldnt make a hall he's already in...

No reason to be silly.. its a healthy debate...BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
bradical said:
Its almost comical. The Bo Jackson, an iconic image, shot with actual black & white film, using some lighting, and has some general depth to the photo.

The Bubba, shot in color and cheaply swapped to black & white with a post process makes the photo come off very cheap and unprofessional.

Thanks for the kind words...
Bubba has a 1000% better chance of being a baseball or football hall of famer than BO Jackson... wanna bet?

Point is, it is a salute to BO... and a testament to Bubba's athleticism...

At the end of the day, its not for evferyone... But for 25 lucky collectors, it will be.
BG

Where is the Obviously Pro Hall of Fame here? Must have missed it

Use your brain for a minute. Bo is in the college HOF. why would I be making a bet about that?
Plus, clearly my guy is NOT going to college, so how can I bet that????
BG

G

notjomommasclint said:
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:
Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

P.s.- 859 players are in the College HOF, 253 in the NFL. The NFL is VERY loose in its selections. What does that say about the College HOF?

i have 25,000 cards in my collection zero of them razor or leaf... what does that say about your products?
Agree, I've got around 10K, no Razor or Leaf. No appeal for me in any of them, unlicensed, poor design, ebay grab bags of RRR, weak checklist...

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
Ian Stewart said:
Leaf said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":3agcheym]
ljw29 said:
Mahoody said:
[quote="Leaf":3agcheym][quote="jbhofmann":3agcheym]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

How many Colleges with Football teams are there in comparison to the number of teams in the NFL ?
I'll also bet that they were playing football in college before the NFL was formed hmmmm???

Agreed he did say "football hall of famer" So he lost the bet, Id send him a box of Razor FB if I were BG

Actually if Bubba makes either hall of fame, based on the wording of BG's post saying he'd bet Bubba has a 1000% better chance than Bo to make a Hall of Fame, wouldn't the bet be a push? It wasn't JUST that Bo wouldn't, it was that Bubba would.

Not that I care either way, but I'm kinda just tired of seeing people ganging up on BG for no apparent reason.

+1

Bottom line, BUBBA has more ceiling than BO (My opinion).... BG[/quote:3agcheym]

You're clearly smoking PCP. Bo Jackson was one of the best athletes of all time.[/quote:3agcheym]

My statement:
BUBBA STARLING has a 1000% better chance to make the Hall of fame (either sport - its obvious I mean PRO HOF) than BO Jackson....
This is fact because BO is NOT and NEVER WILL BE inducted into either hallowed hall...

No reason to be silly.. its a healthy debate...BG[/quote:3agcheym]

Uh.. no ****. He has an infinite better chance to make the Hall of Fame by that logic.

Yet again, so do Ryan Harvey and Chris Lubanski.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
bradical said:
Its almost comical. The Bo Jackson, an iconic image, shot with actual black & white film, using some lighting, and has some general depth to the photo.

The Bubba, shot in color and cheaply swapped to black & white with a post process makes the photo come off very cheap and unprofessional.

Bubba has a 1000% better chance of being a baseball or football hall of famer than BO Jackson... wanna bet?

At the end of the day, its not for evferyone... But for 25 lucky collectors, it will be.
BG

Use your brain for a minute. Bo is in the college HOF. why would I be making a bet about that?
BG

Has he signed with a MLB team? Has he been asked to be released from his LOI? Nebraska's coach even has talked about him.

Using the brain, you clearly stated HALL OF FAME. You did not specify and when someone showed you up on it, you played the obviously card. Obviously nothing, you should pay the man.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
[quote="Leaf":3rdjxe9k][quote="jbhofmann":3rdjxe9k]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

More schools, more records, more of a past. 113 Division 1-A Schools alone, not counting D-1AA, D2, and DIII

so lets say about 400 schools total that is around 2 per school, while NFL is averaging 8 per team.

Big difference

Here is a small sampling of the difference between NFL and college hall of fames:

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

How many Heisman Trophy winners in there awarded to the best player?

Seriously if you dont understand why they have so many people as compared to NFL then I will help you

High School has 1,000,000 Players

Between D1A and D1AA or FBS and FCS over 12,000 Scholarship Players (minimal end of the number)

NFL 1,696 players

Make Sense Now?

I fully understand, but there are TONS of guys in there who had little or NO professional career....
If I am making a bold statement about someone being a BB or FB hall of famer, its fair to point out that the college HOF has loads of 2-3 year wonders...

If the NFL loosened up their standards to 2-3 year wonders, there would be 1000+++ members.
BG[/quote:3rdjxe9k]

There are guys in the College Hall of Fame who went and served in Wartime and Died, there are guys who went and served and the ability to go pro was not as easy for them, and 2 or 3 year wonder in their sport in College, makes them shockingly a COLLEGE HALL OF FAMER. So professional career does not play in here, you said Hall of Famer, you did not say which one and you got caught and wont own up.[/quote:3rdjxe9k]

Hell, why couldnt i be talking about the HIgh school football Hall of fame, Guys named Vincent hall of fame or guys who got hurt prematurely and didnt put up solid enough career stats hall of fame.

If you are that desperate to be so silly, PM me your address and Ill send you a gift...

The fact is BO is not and will not be ANY professional HOF'er... Bubba has a chance still ...
BG

p.s.- now being fair, almost any prospect has a better chance than BO, but thats why I said 1000% better chance....

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
braden said:
Leaf said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
ljw29 said:
Mahoody said:
[quote="Leaf":2v54eboq][quote="jbhofmann":2v54eboq]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

+1

Bottom line, BUBBA has more ceiling than BO (My opinion).... BG[/quote:2v54eboq]

That's insane. Opinion or not, it's almost certainly wrong. Bo Jackson had one of the highest ceilings of any athlete, ever. Reaching his ceiling, well yeah, then you've got an argument.[/quote:2v54eboq]

Yes, but Bo's ceiling was reached. Are you saying there is no way Bubba could exceed the ceiling Bo did reach (2-3 good years)?
BG

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
Ian Stewart said:
Leaf said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":35oscis8]
ljw29 said:
Mahoody said:
[quote="Leaf":35oscis8][quote="jbhofmann":35oscis8]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

+1

Bottom line, BUBBA has more ceiling than BO (My opinion).... BG[/quote:35oscis8]

You're clearly smoking PCP. Bo Jackson was one of the best athletes of all time.[/quote:35oscis8]

My statement:

No reason to be silly.. its a healthy debate...BG[/quote:35oscis8]

Is Bubba your new Matt Wieters? Is Matt old news now?

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Can we get off the bo vs bubba debate, it's just dumb?

Comparing one of if not the best 2 sport players to a child at is funny but not at all realistic. Every kid who picks up a baseball and a football has the potential to be better. Bubba also has the potential to hit .750 with 90 hr's per year.

I have a chance to win the mega-millions lottery next week and the week after that and the week after that. Do I actually expect to win? No.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
GoldenBuckeyes said:
notjomommasclint said:
Leaf said:
jbhofmann said:
Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

i have 25,000 cards in my collection zero of them razor or leaf... what does that say about your products?
Agree, I've got around 10K, no Razor or Leaf. No appeal for me in any of them, unlicensed, poor design, ebay grab bags of RRR, weak checklist...

Ive got 17.5 million cards and not one is 1915 cracker jack. Does that mean 1915 cracker jack is bad or sub-par?
BG

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
[quote="ljw29":2om1v668][quote="Leaf":2om1v668][quote="jbhofmann":2om1v668]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

More schools, more records, more of a past. 113 Division 1-A Schools alone, not counting D-1AA, D2, and DIII

so lets say about 400 schools total that is around 2 per school, while NFL is averaging 8 per team.

Big difference

Here is a small sampling of the difference between NFL and college hall of fames:

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

How many Heisman Trophy winners in there awarded to the best player?

Seriously if you dont understand why they have so many people as compared to NFL then I will help you

High School has 1,000,000 Players

Between D1A and D1AA or FBS and FCS over 12,000 Scholarship Players (minimal end of the number)

NFL 1,696 players

Make Sense Now?

I fully understand, but there are TONS of guys in there who had little or NO professional career....
If I am making a bold statement about someone being a BB or FB hall of famer, its fair to point out that the college HOF has loads of 2-3 year wonders...

If the NFL loosened up their standards to 2-3 year wonders, there would be 1000+++ members.
BG[/quote:2om1v668]

There are guys in the College Hall of Fame who went and served in Wartime and Died, there are guys who went and served and the ability to go pro was not as easy for them, and 2 or 3 year wonder in their sport in College, makes them shockingly a COLLEGE HALL OF FAMER. So professional career does not play in here, you said Hall of Famer, you did not say which one and you got caught and wont own up.[/quote:2om1v668]

Hell, why couldnt i be talking about the HIgh school football Hall of fame, Guys named Vincent hall of fame or guys who got hurt prematurely and didnt put up solid enough career stats hall of fame.

If you are that desperate to be so silly, PM me your address and Ill send you a gift...

The fact is BO is not and will not be ANY professional HOF'er... Bubba has a chance still ...
BG

p.s.- now being fair, almost any prospect has a better chance than BO, but thats why I said 1000% better chance....[/quote:2om1v668]

Im not the winner someone else was. Not going to take a prize when I was not the one to win the bet against you.

Not being silly, you said something and misspoke, instead of saying that. You called college athletes hacks because they had a good stretch run in college and not the pros.

Funny part is your recent product coming out is College Based on Hacks who had good year or years, and may not do anything as Pros. That being said I bet those Hacks would love to know that you see them as such if they do not perform on the pro level.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
braden said:
Leaf said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
ljw29 said:
[quote="Mahoody":33c37jw3][quote="Leaf":33c37jw3][quote="jbhofmann":33c37jw3]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

+1

Bottom line, BUBBA has more ceiling than BO (My opinion).... BG[/quote:33c37jw3]

That's insane. Opinion or not, it's almost certainly wrong. Bo Jackson had one of the highest ceilings of any athlete, ever. Reaching his ceiling, well yeah, then you've got an argument.[/quote:33c37jw3]

Yes, but Bo's ceiling was reached. Are you saying there is no way Bubba could exceed the ceiling Bo did reach (2-3 good years)?
BG[/quote:33c37jw3]

No, Bo's ceiling wasn't reached. Hell, he barely got out of the basement. I'm thinking you're not totally understanding the concept of ceiling. Bo's ceiling was of a HOF football player and a multiple AS, MVP type season baseball player. He didn't come close to reaching it.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
bradical said:

BG

BG

Has he signed with a MLB team? Has he been asked to be released from his LOI? Nebraska's coach even has talked about him.

Using the brain, you clearly stated HALL OF FAME. You did not specify and when someone showed you up on it, you played the obviously card. Obviously nothing, you should pay the man.

Yes, ask 50 people if a player is in the football hall of fame... 50 will think you mean NFL...
Grow up...We didnt play with kids who acted like that in school... BG

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
sportscardtheory said:
Jeff N. said:
When you point one finger at someone else, there are three pointing RIGHT back at you, mi amigo.

Oh my lord. This coming form the most antagonistic and hyper-critical poster on the board. :lol:

One and three, my friend, one and three. I speak my mind. Some people have problems with it, some don't. I'm not afraid to do it.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
[quote="bradical":fqa19ee3]Its almost comical. The Bo Jackson, an iconic image, shot with actual black & white film, using some lighting, and has some general depth to the photo.

BG

BG

Yes, ask 50 people if a player is in the football hall of fame... 50 will think you mean NFL...
Grow up...We didnt play with kids who acted like that in school... BG[/quote:fqa19ee3]

Look in the mirror seriously.

And sampling can go anyway for a question.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
braden said:
Leaf said:
braden said:
Leaf said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="ljw29":3ktd87sr][quote="Mahoody":3ktd87sr][quote="Leaf":3ktd87sr][quote="jbhofmann":3ktd87sr]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

+1

Bottom line, BUBBA has more ceiling than BO (My opinion).... BG[/quote:3ktd87sr]

That's insane. Opinion or not, it's almost certainly wrong. Bo Jackson had one of the highest ceilings of any athlete, ever. Reaching his ceiling, well yeah, then you've got an argument.[/quote:3ktd87sr]

BG[/quote:3ktd87sr]

No, Bo's ceiling wasn't reached. Hell, he barely got out of the basement. I'm thinking you're not totally understanding the concept of ceiling. Bo's ceiling was of a HOF football player and a multiple AS, MVP type season baseball player. He didn't come close to reaching it.[/quote:3ktd87sr]

I guess I assume too much...

I am saying Bo's reality could easily compare disfavorably to the career Bubba could likely have...

I agree, Bo at his best was crazy good. But, Bubba is today's prospect... Bo is clearly yesterdays...

Bringing it full circle, If you dont like the BUbba card, dont buy it...

Slamming it because you dont appreciate it is like going to a museum and complaining about abstract art...

If you dont like it, dont look...

BG

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
[quote="bradical":1ubrjaht]Its almost comical. The Bo Jackson, an iconic image, shot with actual black & white film, using some lighting, and has some general depth to the photo.

BG

BG

Grow up...We didnt play with kids who acted like that in school... BG[/quote:1ubrjaht]

There is no such thing as the NFL Hall of Fame. It's actually the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
braden said:
Leaf said:
braden said:
Leaf said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":38hhd1tq][quote="ljw29":38hhd1tq][quote="Mahoody":38hhd1tq][quote="Leaf":38hhd1tq][quote="jbhofmann":38hhd1tq]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

+1

Bottom line, BUBBA has more ceiling than BO (My opinion).... BG[/quote:38hhd1tq]

That's insane. Opinion or not, it's almost certainly wrong. Bo Jackson had one of the highest ceilings of any athlete, ever. Reaching his ceiling, well yeah, then you've got an argument.[/quote:38hhd1tq]

BG[/quote:38hhd1tq]

No, Bo's ceiling wasn't reached. Hell, he barely got out of the basement. I'm thinking you're not totally understanding the concept of ceiling. Bo's ceiling was of a HOF football player and a multiple AS, MVP type season baseball player. He didn't come close to reaching it.[/quote:38hhd1tq]

I guess I assume too much...

I am saying Bo's reality will likely compare disfavoirably to the career Bubba will likely have...

I agree, Bo at his best was crazy good. But, Bubba is today's prospect... Bo is clearly yesterdays...

Bringing it full circle, If you dont like the BUbba card, dont buy it...

Slamming it because you dont appreciate it is like going to a museum and complaining about abstract art...

If you dont like it, dont look...

BG[/quote:38hhd1tq]

Well, that's totally different but infinitely more valid.

And if you're referring to me, I didn't say a word about the Bubba card. I couldn't care less about it one way or the other (and that's not meant as a knock).

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
jbhofmann said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
[quote="Leaf":1png884d][quote="bradical":1png884d]Its almost comical. The Bo Jackson, an iconic image, shot with actual black & white film, using some lighting, and has some general depth to the photo.

BG

BG

Grow up...We didnt play with kids who acted like that in school... BG[/quote:1png884d]

There is no such thing as the NFL Hall of Fame. It's actually the Pro Football Hall of Fame.[/quote:1png884d]

Finally, a legitimate statement. I stand corrected PRO Football Hall of Fame.
BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts