Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
The Ripken just received a $19,000 bid. Currently, the 25 card set has brought a minimum of $25,714.50.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Finally finished this thing.....
attachment.php

I'm not even going to go for the other two that's serial numbered 8 & 5.....

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Wondering if someone could let me know how much I could expect as far as trade/sell value of these Ripkens

1995 Leaf Statistical Standouts 7 Cal Ripken Jr 2825/5000
1995.jpg

1998 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Fusion Refractors MI5 Ripken/R.Minor 94/100
19982.jpg

1998 Leaf Statistical Standouts Die Cuts 6 Cal Ripken Jr 0248/2500 First 250 Die Cut
19981.jpg

2004 Donruss Elite Status Gold 182 Cal Ripken Jr 14/24
2004.jpg

2005 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes Blue 11 Cal Ripken Jr 03/10
2005.jpg

Last edited:

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Happy to finally land this one... priced out of the Police issue at this point so I wanted to grab the WTF. Already have a WBTV and TCMA so this will have to do for now.

DSC01777_zps7e41c385.jpg

Verified it in hand, looks to be legit on a "yellowed" background with the "flag" over Cal's shoulder. Btw, thanks for the excellent write up on that topic RITM!

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
^ Very nice card. I agree with you about the card being undervalued. I picked up an "8" several years ago for next to nothing. I remember complete sealed sets for sale cheap as well. There was one guy who had 3 or 4 of them and they didn't get a bid at his low opening bid which I don't recall what it was but I'm thinking $200ish. After they didn't sell I reached out to him offering for all of them but he declined and said he was going to keep them. Good move on his part.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Thanks... perhaps the black/white scheme limits the price of the card somewhat, but I think it is a wonderful portrait of Cal. I can't think of any other photos where he's wearing a gold chain, and certainly none where he has long hair. Really captures his youth!

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I'm not sure how hard core you guys are or if this was already covered in the thread. I saw my daughter eating these with Cal on the box:
image-112.jpg

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Stop & Shop. I'm not sure if you have them in your area. I would send you this one but it got pretty beat up. Let me know if you are unsuccessful in finding one and I will see if I can find another one.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Yeah, no store like that here. If you get a chance, please pick one up for me and I will PayPal you plus postage. Please let me know. Thanks... Carlos
Will do. If I find one do you want it as is or just the box? Send it in box form or flattened. Let me know, Kevin in CT.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
You guys know the premise behind that "Real Fans Never Miss a Game" promo by Cal? I heard him talking about it on Mike & Mike in the morning yesterday (ESPN Radio). Basically, it's a sweepstakes to reward the hardcore fans who have crazy stories about watching a baseball game despite other life events.

Cal gave his example. One time, he was at a White House dinner function, and he had a server giving him updates every 10-15 minutes or so about what was going on. Thought it was kinda funny myself, figured I'd at least chime in on the actual sweepstakes.

speedneal101

Apr 3, 2014
Hi Ripken fans! I was a Cal collect awhile back but nowhere near the level of most of you guys. I have been reading through this tread the last couple of days and have seen some pretty cool cards. It inspired me to break out my old collection and play around. During my fun I ran across this 95 Flair Hot Gloves Ripken. It's a pretty cool card and a little different! Looks like it might be an error with no printing on front! Can not find anything on the internet about it. Have any of you guys ran across the same kind of error?

attachment.php

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts