Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

common cards opinions on what to do with em ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rctdw

Sep 2, 2008
I'm looking for opinions on the best way to get rid of unwanted commons.
I'm not really looking to just give them away.
do you think it would be best to sell them on ebay as player lots or team lots ?
and if by team how many in the lot ?
I'm afraid if i do player lots i'll get stuck with the no-names.
Or if you have any other ideas please let me know

Thanks for the help
Ryan

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
When I worked at a card shop, I'd tell people with collections we wouldn't buy to save them for their next garage sale and divide them up into small boxes and price them at $5-$10 a piece...

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
My local card shop use to give me anywhere from a penny on up per common, depending on the set. Did not matter what I brought in, he would by them all.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Adamsince1981 said:
When I worked at a card shop, I'd tell people with collections we wouldn't buy to save them for their next garage sale and divide them up into small boxes and price them at $5-$10 a piece...

This is what I'd do. Probably make you the most money off of them and you don't have to worry about shipping.

minpin

Dec 27, 2008
Manhattan
I always take all of my unwanted commons down to the local Boys and Girls club. The staff says the kids absolutely love going through them. To me it's a win-win...I get rid of the cards, and the kids love them.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
jeff550 said:
use them for ttm

this is the best advice yet. Ive looked up who signs and then send out as much UD 92 as I can.. its rewarding turning a common into an auto... an auto that you worked for!

rctdw

Sep 2, 2008
I have only ever sent out about 4 ttm and had 2 come back signed.
where do you get all the addresses? do you need to buy a book or something ?

Thanks
Ryan

rctdw

Sep 2, 2008
twestl1814b said:
I'm looking for Giants and Dodgers and Raiders and 49ers. What do you have?

I don't have a list they aren't sorted or anything they are just in boxes taking up space.

Thanks
Ryan

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
rctdw said:
I have only ever sent out about 4 ttm and had 2 come back signed.
where do you get all the addresses? do you need to buy a book or something ?

Thanks
Ryan
you could join scn for 14.95 a year or if you dont have that many you could just ask me for the address's and who signs. if you have alot of cards the 14.95 will come back in the money you save with stamps

Members online