Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Crappy Platinum Breaks - Post Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tombb25

Dec 17, 2009
Napa, CA
This should be a place for those of us who have had crap luck to post our Platinum Breaks. I'm sure people look at the posts and think that every platinum blaster has a dual refractor auto, but my friend that is not the case! :eek:

Feel free to spend 10 secs to post your crappy break...

So far for me 2 blasters and 1 rack pack, 0 hits, no refractors and 1 Strasburg base card.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
5 blasters

0 refractors
2 bad autos (Alex Wilson and Garrison)
not even 1 Posey

Good old 100$ swift kick in the nuts

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
the first 2 blasters I bought I did great on, 3 auto's that made me my money back

last 3 i bought I have gotten absolutely nothing, no poseys either pretty much lost $60

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
They are INCREDIBLY hit or miss.

Other than the first blaster I bought that had a Jesus Montero Auto Redemp., the other 3 have had nothing but base. Not even 1 refractor/parallel...all base.

With that said, I've opened 2 racks and pulled (most likely) my biggest retail pull to date, so I can't complain too much.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
ahill1 said:
5 blasters

0 refractors
2 bad autos (Alex Wilson and Garrison)
not even 1 Posey

Good old 100$ swift kick in the nuts

In 1 blaster and 1 hobby pack I pulled 3 Posey's... lots of other dupes too, I just got lucky.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
From 1 rack pack and 3 retail packs:

Steve Garrison green auto
Gerritt Cole/ Sonny Gray dual auto jersey /99 :( :( :( :( :( Neither of them have ever played in the minor leagues, why would topps include these :(

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Maybe I should quit while I am (barely) ahead.

Two blasters, each had an autograph (nobody big - Garrison green ref /199 and Pat Corbin). The second had a Strasburg.

One rack pack yielded a Trout purple refractor and Leake gold refractor /539 (and a Mauer /999).

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
tombb25 said:
This should be a place for those of us who have had crap luck to post our Platinum Breaks. I'm sure people look at the posts and think that every platinum blaster has a dual refractor auto, but my friend that is not the case! :eek:

Feel free to spend 10 secs to post your crappy break...

So far for me 2 blasters and 1 rack pack, 0 hits, no refractors and 1 Strasburg base card.

Great thread!I agree, no one posts their breaks anymore unless they hit a Strasburg autograph or dual patch and it's misleading!Post your breaks good or bad!

Those blasters aren't as loaded as the box breaks would indicate here.I've bought 2 blasters and got nothing but base and some purple refractors.Also wasted money on 2 Bowman Draft rack packs and nothing but a refractor and purple refractor.My new year's resolution should be no more retail.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
2 Blasters and 1 rack ($48.99) have produced

Alex Wilson unnumbered auto
Lonnie Chisenhall Ref /999
Strasburg RC
Trout base RC
2 Moustakas base RCs
Jesus Montero base RC

Oyyyy :|

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
afrobandit said:

Gerritt Cole/ Sonny Gray dual auto jersey /99 :( :( :( :( :( Neither of them have ever played in the minor leagues, why would topps include these :(

They were included because they are USA players and Topps included USA players in the product.

That's a great hit. I wouldn't complain.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
afrobandit said:

surely you jest :lol: 2 autos in roughly $25 worth of product? Not to mention some guy just started a thread saying he just picked up a Cole/Gray dual auto /99 (the same as yours) for $45 and he thinks it might be a steal. I really hope this was a joke!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
sigma_chi said:
afrobandit said:

surely you jest :lol: 2 autos in roughly $25 worth of product? Not to mention some guy just started a thread saying he just picked up a Cole/Gray dual auto /99 (the same as yours) for $45 and he thinks it might be a steal. I really hope this was a joke!

It wasn't....

1 blaster a couple weeks ago yielded: NOTHING besides 2-3 decent RC/prospects and a couple USAs

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
7 blasters, 3 rack packs

Brett Cecil relic auto
2 more no names autos
ARod refractor

Not terrible but not great when I was hoping to pull a Strasburg/Heyward...we can't all be winners though can we?

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Just bought 2 blasters at K-Mart.

One had a Alex Wilson auto (my second) and a USA Ref while the had all base :x