Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you guys get the email from Mike (MyPens66) about FCB???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
All In Cards said:
sethyarkony said:
hey hey hey.... not all minors a immature.

allen...you and I know very well of even a military member who is more immature than this!

dont hate minors man! :)

no one is hating, just stating that he is a minor and there is no way in hell he could have taken this site to where it is today

I am going to disagree with you there. Are we talking about a 20 year old or a 16 year old? I would expect a 20 year old to hopefully have the mental capacity to handle a website, but would not expect that out of a 16 year old.

He like 15 or 16.

Then I retract my last post and agree that yes, he probably could not have taken this site, this far.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
:eek: :eek:
thenumberonemetfan said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
All In Cards said:
sethyarkony said:

allen...you and I know very well of even a military member who is more immature than this!

no one is hating, just stating that he is a minor and there is no way in hell he could have taken this site to where it is today

I am going to disagree with you there. Are we talking about a 20 year old or a 16 year old? I would expect a 20 year old to hopefully have the mental capacity to handle a website, but would not expect that out of a 16 year old.

He like 15 or 16.
:eek: :eek:

I mean really? first off, did he think he was going to be able to afford the costs of start up of this board on a server and maintenance? If he is 15 or 16 the email makes a lot of sense, very immature

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
SO wait.

first you read the email and say ok...

then you find out he is 16 and say...

oh yes immature!

mredsox89, explain your logic.

"If he is 15 or 16 the email makes a lot of sense, very immature"

if a 30 year old wrote it, what would you think?

come on now

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
GAbballplayer148 said:
All In Cards said:
sethyarkony said:

20 is a minor when it comes to alcohol, not contracts.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
sethyarkony said:
SO wait.

oh yes immature!

come on now

Relax. Young people look at older people (in general) like they are out of touch. Older people look at younger people like they are idiots. It is what it is. Usually both sides have a good idea what they are talking about.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
sethyarkony said:
SO wait.

oh yes immature!

come on now

I was shocked by the email at first cause i figured mypens was an adult because he was a mod. Finding out it is a 15 year old, it doesn't surprise me that was the message he sent. When i was 15/16 i never would have sent out an email like that. Adults keep things like this private. This topic should never have gotten beyond a conversation between him and Chris.

Regardless, its absurd it even got to this point.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
All In Cards said:
sethyarkony said:

And your point is? He said that a minor couldn't have taken this site to where it is today. He never said anything about entering into a contract.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
this is a great site and it that way because of its members first and foremost. much of this seems to be a pissing match. Yes mypens was the first to give us a place to go after Becket became a hole and now this is better and stronger thanks to the mods hard work.

I will disagree that the razor issue is over played. Speaking out against razor in the early days was not welcomed or allowed without getting slapped around a little. A biased was shown towards razor.

But overall much of us seem to like a little or maybe even a lot of drama. but in general we have a great place to be.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
justinmandawg said:
sethyarkony said:
SO wait.

oh yes immature!

come on now

Relax. Young people look at older people (in general) like they are out of touch. Older people look at younger people like they are idiots. It is what it is. Usually both sides have a good idea what they are talking about.

He implied that any minor who makes a dumb statement is very immature and incapable of acting like someone who is older.

I want to know what he would think when someone older makes such a statement.

I didn't know minors had such less "lee-way" than adults.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
mredsox89 said:
sethyarkony said:
SO wait.

oh yes immature!

come on now

I was shocked by the email at first cause i figured mypens was an adult because he was a mod. Finding out it is a 15 year old, it doesn't surprise me that was the message he sent. When i was 15/16 i never would have sent out an email like that. Adults keep things like this private. This topic should never have gotten beyond a conversation between him and Chris.

Regardless, its absurd it even got to this point.

He never would talk to me. I also think he got bad advice from people like Terry, and the staff at the website he went to who obviously wanted this to happen.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
i don't quite remember it all at the beginning stages when fcb went live but chris has done ALOT

he gets paid for fcbay? great! you have to remember that this is a business/investment as well so more power to him

i don't talk to chris much but when i do go to him for assistance or advise, he has been nothing more than helpful which i've always appreciated.

although i hate to see that there are differences between the two, going forward, seems like it's a done deal at its best

i wish mypense luck but ill support chris here

dave

btw, knicks suck.....what did i tell you...don't piss off wade

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
GAbballplayer148 said:
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
All In Cards said:
sethyarkony said:

And your point is? He said that a minor couldn't have taken this site to where it is today. He never said anything about entering into a contract.

Without the contracts with the sponsors this site would never be what it is.

You used 20 and 16 as your numbers when another member spoke about minors. Just pointing out one is and one isn't.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
All In Cards said:
[quote="sethyarkony":1948r9vo]hey hey hey.... not all minors a immature.

Without the contracts with the sponsors this site would never be what it is.

You used 20 and 16 as your numbers when another member spoke about minors. Just pointing out one is and one isn't.[/quote:1948r9vo]

Thanks for explaining, I should have chosen my numbers more carefully.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
sethyarkony said:
justinmandawg said:
sethyarkony said:
SO wait.

oh yes immature!

come on now

He implied that any minor who makes a dumb statement is very immature and incapable of acting like someone who is older.

I want to know what he would think when someone older makes such a statement.

I didn't know minors had such less "lee-way" than adults.

If an older person made a statement like the email i would think he needed to grow up. He decided to start the website and wanted to be treated like an adult, and it seems when he didn't get his way he just started ignoring Chris and then sent out an email to every member telling them to abandon the site.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
sethyarkony said:
SO wait.

oh yes immature!

come on now
I agree with this. And while people are saying that mypens would not have been able to take the site where it is now, I don't think that mypens is claiming that. It does seem like he is a capable young man who knows how to design websites, and could have something to offer to a site. Was the email immature? That's a separate topic and up for discussion.

I know that there were many times that when people found out my age they were surprised, but I was quite unhappy when people who had no problem listening to what I had to say on the boards, were all of a sudden hesitant when they heard of my age. I know that all I asked was that people judge me on my abilities as opposed to my age and I think he would like the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts