Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you recently join? Use this thread to say hi!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBalla999

Jun 30, 2013
Hello all.

Just decided to join recently. Used to collect cards heavily and while not so much anymore, I have recently gotten back into the autograph hobby (i.e. graphing at Triple A games).

Hope you all have a good day

Chris

h4auto

Jul 8, 2013
HI,
just checking out the state of the hobby. and trying to figure out how to give away baseball cards.
see ya around the boards.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Hello Everyone,

Been out of the hobby for about 7 years but an unscheduled stop at a card show this past weekend has me getting back into the hobby. I am a huge Cubs fan and Andre Dawson is my baseball hero. I have a massive collection of Andre Dawson and love showing it off to other collectors. If you are looking to get rid of anything with The Hawk on it let me know.

A_Pharis

Hello Everyone,

Been out of the hobby for about 7 years but an unscheduled stop at a card show this past weekend has me getting back into the hobby. I am a huge Cubs fan and Andre Dawson is my baseball hero. I have a massive collection of Andre Dawson and love showing it off to other collectors. If you are looking to get rid of anything with The Hawk on it let me know.

Welcome! And I can back up the level of your collection. It's something else!

Machado13

Jul 16, 2013
Pa
New to the forum, Just wanted to say hi. Been collecting since I was 6, so about 30 years. Took a hiatus from collecting for the last 5-6 years. My sons are now into baseball and I just got them interested in baseball cards so I figured i'd get back into it as well for something that we can do together. I'm interested in any and all Manny Machado cards, so if you have something feel free to let me know.

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Hey guys, New member from Cincinnati, OH here. Been collecting since I was a Kid, Kenny Lofton was my main guy back in the day so I am always looking for low #'d cards of his. Now I am a huge Reds fan and collect Autographs of any Current or retired Reds Player. Also been working on the 2008 masterpieces captured on canvas autograph set, have about 20 from the set and need some help finishing it. Would love to trade with anyone that has anything on my list check out my bucket photobucket.com/caster513

Thanks see you around!

First Card Focus

Jul 31, 2013
Just a note to say hello to everyone as I'm new to this forum. I collect first-cards from my birth through my young adulthood years so very, very late 60's to very, very early 90's. Think Ryan through Chipper, lol. Mostly baseball and hockey HOF, stars and what I would consider a semi-star or simply local favorite of mine when growing up. But I do collect an occasional football, basketball or even soccer card if it hits me as something that fits my collecting focus and I think it's cool. I could say my focus is more accurately described as "first image" really as sometimes the first-image is a bottle cap, post-card, team issued photo, sticker, puerto rican or venezuela issued card or sticker, etc., etc. etc.) Thus, for that reason my collection can be eclectic and also because I made the decision in making my collection that if the RC happens to be the first card but yet there may be a locally issued card or "image" issued the same year as the RC, I'd collect the local issue instead. My reasoning was to make it more of a challenge and I like the thrill of the hunt. I still have a long way to go and who knows if I'll ever get it to the point where I'd be comfortable to say I'm done, but lots of TCMA, ProCards and minor league team issued cards in my collection. I look forward to sharing information and ideas with you all.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Just a note to say hello to everyone as I'm new to this forum. I collect first-cards from my birth through my young adulthood years so very, very late 60's to very, very early 90's. Think Ryan through Chipper, lol. Mostly baseball and hockey HOF, stars and what I would consider a semi-star or simply local favorite of mine when growing up. But I do collect an occasional football, basketball or even soccer card if it hits me as something that fits my collecting focus and I think it's cool. I could say my focus is more accurately described as "first image" really as sometimes the first-image is a bottle cap, post-card, team issued photo, sticker, puerto rican or venezuela issued card or sticker, etc., etc. etc.) Thus, for that reason my collection can be eclectic and also because I made the decision in making my collection that if the RC happens to be the first card but yet there may be a locally issued card or "image" issued the same year as the RC, I'd collect the local issue instead. My reasoning was to make it more of a challenge and I like the thrill of the hunt. I still have a long way to go and who knows if I'll ever get it to the point where I'd be comfortable to say I'm done, but lots of TCMA, ProCards and minor league team issued cards in my collection. I look forward to sharing information and ideas with you all.

This is cool! And welcome aboard, we like eclectic!

Also, continue to be surprised by the number of Kenny Lofton collectors I've run into over the years. Welcome [MENTION=10415]caster513[/MENTION]

First Card Focus

Jul 31, 2013
This is cool! And welcome aboard, we like eclectic!

Also, continue to be surprised by the number of Kenny Lofton collectors I've run into over the years. Welcome @caster513

Thanks for the welcome!

So how did all the Kenny Lofton fans let his first ever card go listed and relisted multiple times without buying it?? lol. I would have bought it for my first card focus collection but it is a little high priced. Here it is. A 1985-86 U of Arizona basketball card:

1985 86 University of Arizona BKB Team Set 14 Kenny Lofton RC Sean Elliot | eBay

Last edited:

Bugjam

Aug 2, 2013
North Walsham, England
Hi Everyone,
I'm a Brit who collects a (retired) Russian Hockey player, I support the Kamloops Blazers (WHL), Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) and Seattle Mariners (MLB).

My name's Benn and I primarily collect Pavel Bure cards (my collection currently sits at just over 1000 different cards), hopefully I'll be able to add to that collection via this site and also get help with my newer (and much, much smaller) Seattle Mariners collection.
Not 100% sure what direction to go with my Mariners collecting just yet, but am leaning towards picking up a team set from as many different years as possible.

Thanks for allowing me to join, and I look forward to being a part of this online community.

Jul 28, 2013
Hey I am also new. My name is Jordan. I collect football and a little basketball (only Brooklyn/New Jersey Nets)
I collect just about anything football... Literally. Message me for anything football or nets. I am a huge buyer. Thank for reading, have a great day, and god bless.
P.S. favorite football team is Atlanta Falcons

First Card Focus

Jul 31, 2013
Hi Everyone,
I'm a Brit who collects a (retired) Russian Hockey player, I support the Kamloops Blazers (WHL), Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) and Seattle Mariners (MLB).

My name's Benn and I primarily collect Pavel Bure cards (my collection currently sits at just over 1000 different cards), hopefully I'll be able to add to that collection via this site and also get help with my newer (and much, much smaller) Seattle Mariners collection.
Not 100% sure what direction to go with my Mariners collecting just yet, but am leaning towards picking up a team set from as many different years as possible.

Thanks for allowing me to join, and I look forward to being a part of this online community.

Welcome, Cool focus! Congrats on Scott Niedermayer, a Kamloops alumni, recently making the Hall of Fame. And a congrats for the future when another alumni, Mark Recchi, makes it as well. Both their first cards are in a Kamloops uniform while in juniors and I have them if you ever want to see a scan.

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Welcome [MENTION=10518]Bugjam[/MENTION] ! You'll find some sweet hockey here at times and there's definitely a fine group of Mariners collectors hanging around. Good luck with your collection!

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
Hi Im a 15 year old who loves to collect baseball cards, whenever l save enough l head over to my LCS! Love the Arizona Diamondbacks, and watching M.V.PAUL has been a great treat!

Members online

Latest posts