Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you miss the original BMB?

Do you miss the old BMB?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
A vote for missing it is not a vote against FCB

its just BMB is where I learned to make good threads

give props where there due

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
hofmichael said:
Isn't this thread an insult to the guys who busted their asses to build this site?

No. and we are the largest sports collecting forum on the net. These threads wouldn't even come up if the board didn't go down.

We will have growing spurts from time to time, but we don't lose data and we don't moderate like **** germany. We appreciate the complaints since it keeps us hard at work and allows us to improve the site.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I will second the tightly wound mods there. It is nice to know that the mods of a message boards actually collect
cards and are knowledgable about the hobby and aren't just waiting to ban you for one slip up. Passion makes
people come back. Post after post of "looks at this auction" doesn't.

Beckett had it all, it was THE place to be. Beckett got greedy and though they could charge people to trade and
thought that they could build a super smooth message board. In the end they had no one there smart enough to
make it work. I can say that they were on the right track, but their ego got in the way, now the new owner of
beckett comes out and makes a statment that he is going to turn everything around, but it is too late, why would
someone want to leave these boards with so much going right.

In the end message boards are about the people who use them and not what they look like. If you want info you come
here, the knowledge is here, even Olds knows that!

Kevin

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
tramers said:

As two of my fellow TCs have posted, I'll just throw in my agreement. Without Beckett, the Team Collectors would not be what they are today. As one of the original members, I can not imagine enjoying this hobby nearly as much without having a solid group of guys that just collect to collect and not to turn a profit.

Now if I could just talk them all into moving over to FCB :lol:

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Therion said:

I don't really miss the old Beckett boards but did enjoy the large volume of posts. The grading section actually had some attention. Very few collectors here ever bothered to post in the FCB version before it disappeared. Beckett was the premier forum. Now collectors are split up among several forums.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Therion said:
tramers said:

As two of my fellow TCs have posted, I'll just throw in my agreement. Without Beckett, the Team Collectors would not be what they are today. As one of the original members, I can not imagine enjoying this hobby nearly as much without having a solid group of guys that just collect to collect and not to turn a profit.

it's really simple, just shank OC and move em over.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Therion said:
tramers said:

hold your breath , i haven't seen a smurf in a long time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I miss Beckett like I miss a hot girlfriend from long ago that totally screwed me over at the end of our relationship. Some days I'll get nostalgic, but I've moved on. I just turn off the lights with gilmore and its all good again.

brumbach

I miss the BMB of Y2K and pre-2001, everyone checking in on the morning of 9/11 to make sure that we were all there and waiting forever to hear word from Gene McGarry. Nothing will ever top Ty Buttars auctioning off his Soul on eBay or the original Willie Wilson bug card or the stinking GU Jayson Williams card. For what it's worth the same can be said of the CU boards and N54 boards from the same time period. It's the inevitable de-evolution of things and dilution of content as the internets progressed from newsgroups on forward. I've been reading threads about how such and such message board is so much suckier now than 10 minutes ago since 1994.

edited because I can't spell stinking while drunk with a pile of cards to be scanned stacked in front of the keyboard

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
tramers said:
Therion said:
tramers said:

hold your breath , i haven't seen a smurf in a long time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, I know. Sometimes I feel like a guy talking to a wall :lol: But I still think FCB would be very good for us. I will, however, drop it for now. Or I'll just slowly recruit you all to my thinking! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts